Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAS967

Yorktown - MVA rollover w/pin 4-8-04

8 posts in this topic

Date: 4-8-04

Time: Approx 2330

Units: Yorktown FD, Yorktown PD, YVAC, 34Medic1

Description: 60 Control dispatching YFD to an MVA Rollover with confirmed entrapment.

Frequency: 46.26mhz

Writer: WAS967

Sorry.Didn't know much about this accident aside from having it block my way home. While taking detour came upon YVAC transporting one away from the scene ALS. (Medic in rear starting IV). If I had my camera I would have stopped at the scene and gotten more nosy. Anyone with more details? I heard it go out over 46.26 around 2330.

There was also a fatality in Mohegan on the TSP just south of Route 132. Apparently a car hit the guardrail on one side, tossed it's tire which hit a car travelling the opposite direction. Second car was hit in the windshield apparently causing major head trauma and causing the car to crash off the shoulder. (All this from News 12).

Date: 4-8-04

Time: Approx 2330

Units: E270, R16, C2534, YVAC, 34M1

Description: 60 Control dispatching YFD to an MVA Rollover with confirmed entrapment. Update while enroute, patient out of vehicle. YHFD units on scene awaiting wrecker.

Frequency: 46.26mhz

Writer: Me!

WAS967, I started to write a post on Mohegans MVA, but wasn't to sure of the details, so i never posted it. This is what i have/can remember...

Date: 04-08-04

Time: approx. 1730HRS

Location: Taconic State Parkway (TSP) Northbound, South of Rt. 134.

Units: Mohegan E252, E254, U40, 69B2, Cars 2262 & 2263, Yorktown VAC, Yorktown ALS & State Police.

Description: KEI-603 Mohegan dispatched E252, E254, U40 & 69B2 to the TSP NB S. of Rt. 134 for a PIAA. Shortly thereafter, Car 2262 was 10-19 requesting ALS expedite, possible DOA. E254 was released shortly after his arrival. Units had some difficulty gaining access to the scene due to heavy traffic. Car 2262 had command and U40 was coordinating info with State Police.

Again, i started the post, but wasn't sure of details (ie cause of DOA), so i opted not to post it. But this is the info i still have written down from last night, thought i'd share it!

Location: Taconic State Parkway (TSP) Northbound, South of Rt. 134. 

Units: Mohegan E252, E254, U40, 69B2, Cars 2262 & 2263, Yorktown VAC, Yorktown ALS & State Police. 

I'm confused? That should be South of Rt. 132, right? Down by Rt 134 is Yorktown's area.

Yeah sorry TRUCK6018, that may have been a typo on my part, sorry about that.

South of Rt 134 is actually Millwood's district :D

Traffic was backed up in both directions so, 69B2 and 2263 responded Southbound in the Northbound lanes from Rt 132.