Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

MV Threads getting booted!

20 posts in this topic

Funny how just about every post on here about FDMV ends up getting the boot! Alot of good discussion has been held on here both good n bad, fact is fact and truth is truth so let it roll!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I find it funny members still can't figure out why their posts get deleted!!! I've been getting a ton of heat for this lately from a small amount of members, but right now since I haven't been convinced otherwise, I'm sticking with current vision for the site.

No, we're not going to just "let it roll". The rules and purpose of this forum are clearly posted. If members can't read or regard them, then it's not my fault that the posts are removed.

If members can't keep discussion positive, constructive, and respectful, then it's not happening on this forum. We're not your typical internet forum, nor do we want to be.

Every Mount Vernon thread turns into a bashfest about Mount Vernon FD and its administration AND firefighters, and/or members start making personal attacks on one another. If members could discuss the issue, and how to resolve it, in a civil and constructive manner, then I'd be more then happy to let the thread stay. However, many members, some who hide behind a screen name to make ignorant comments, use the oppurtunity to just bash Mount Vernon FD....and the same issue gets discussed over and over again, with nothing new being brought. What good does that do.....is there something I am missing? Although I understand the issue, and the root of it, I don't provide (or pay for) this forum to make it a stage for peoples issues or politcal motives. In addition, a lot of members don't see some of the stuff that gets deleted....you'd be suprised. This forum will also remain neutral in regards to the issues, and the focus will be on the resolution.

Let me make myself clear, and this goes for everything. This forum WILL NOT BE a bashfest or rant board. If you want to have a positive, constructive, and respectful discussion, that's fine. You want to bash or rant, then it gets deleted. It's about how members comments in the posts....not about the issue itself. I know this is not the way the firehouse is, but in case you haven't noticed, this aint the firehouse...and this ain't every other internet firefighting/ems message board.

And I'm always available to everyone for discussion, comments, and input. Make a thread, or email me at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com

Very Good! ok boys n girls now that the rules are explained again, lets roll! (on the positive side please!) Hudson

It's amazing, how some members threads are booted and others are allowed to remain. I haven't been a member for that long but long enough to see there's definitely a degree of Hypocracy being carried out against some members and their replies on various forums. Talk about Censorship! Know wonder why Howard Stern went to Satelite Radio. Now I know how it feels to work for KROCK. If BRAVO want's to start pulling threads, so nobody's feelings get hurt and they can always try to be Politicaly Correct, they should start with the many derogatory and vulgar replies that can be found against the new recruits of today, in the Forum titled, "Have Probies Changed Over The Years ". Those in charge of Editing, would have a Field Day with the threads posted in this Forum! :D

Oh man...somebody's gonna get a demerit......How dare you have an unpopular opinion!

First off, I encourage everyone to read the "Statement On Site Content"

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=5798

And it's uninformed, false accusations like that are thrown at me (quite frequently lately) like that that frusterate me so much and make me even more tired of running this forum.

I just would like to point out that in the "Probies" thread as referenced by the member above, it was for the most part a constructive discussion, nobody bashed any specific (or implied) FD or person, and I never recieved a report from "Capt.415" that the thread was "deragatory and vulgar". In fact, "Capt.415 " posted in that thread. I didn't review the thread very much, it was a bit heated at a point, but I didn't find it unacceptable. If you find an issue with a thread, you need to point it out to me. This forum is too busy for me to read every thread, although I try.

If members could discuss the issue, and how to resolve it, in a civil and constructive manner, then I'd be more then happy to let the thread stay. It's because of members personally attacking each other, bashing a department or person, or ranting, why posts get deleted.

As for the "censorship" part, uh..no. As I said above, the rules and purpose of this forum are clearly posted. You want to bash a department or person, your thread will be deleted. Your fault, not mine. Period.

Don't like this forum? No one is forcing you to visit, read, or post. I try to make this forum a good place for all, but now I realize that effort is futile.

Let me remind you....I am the one who created this forum, spend the hours upon hours maintaining it and dealing with the membership, and paysfor it. I have every right to limit what is discussed on this forum. I created this forum to primarily be a place to exchange information, primarily about apparatus and latest incidents. I DO NOT provide this forum, nor do I want it to be, a politcal battlefield, bashfest, or rant board. If you're so passionate about your issue, go start your own message board. Accuse me of whatever you want......but I think my stance is clear.

To all members: IF SOMEONE HAS AN ISSUE WITH THE WAY I RUN THIS FORUM or something that is done, I AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO DISCUSS IT, via PM or email. Sadly, some people just like to complain, throw false accusations, and aren't interested in resolving the problem or making it better. And please also note that NO ONE has made a reasonable reccomendation on how to handle the politcally sensitive topics without them turning into a bashfest.

I'm sick of getting attacked, I hear nothing good about this forum anymore, and I'm sick of running this forum. I thought I've made it very clear what I want and don't want on this forum...why is there such an issue? I don't want this to be a bashfest....take your bashing elsewhere...why is that such a problem? Is that really so hard to understand. The only thing that keeps me sane about this is that its mainly the members who constanrly disregard the rules who throw the accusations at me. :D

Still don't understand or like this forum? Bye-Bye!!! We have plenty of members from all walks of the business who make positive contributions and abide by the rules and enjoy and love this forum, which is why I continue to do it-at least for now. And the (continually increasing) hits this forum gets speaks for itself....

I encourage everyone to read the "Statement On Site Content".

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=5798

I'm with EMTBravo.

There's no reason for constant negatives over and over again.

Keep the rules!!!

If someone doesn't like it, let them start their own website.

EMTbravo - Don't get upset. There is a silent majority on your side!

I agree...keeping this positive helps us to share ideas to improve ourselves...bashing doesn't get us anywhere. Thanks EMTBravo!

What is so wrong with bashing? It's still not clear to me...it doesnt hurt or affect anyone personlly. I think this forum should allow more open of a format and let us discuss anything that affects us. We can discuss the issues just like on the other forums out there, and if gets heated, so what. It's only an internet forum. If people don't like it, tough. I'm 99% sure most of the members feel the same way, so why not? Let's try it. Bashing may get us somewhere and make this place more interesting to read...who doesnt like a good debate. And if they are politcal figures then they should be open to bashing since it comes with the territory. People will still come and like it. I'd so much rather read about how one departments hates this department and why they suck then one of the buffy topics wouldnt you?

Edited by LineCapt

LineCapt,

Thats not why he created the site. Obviously a lot of the members of the site would rather read about one of the "buffy" topics as you say.

you all forget this site has grown from ZERO members to what it has now. this site is EMTBRAVO created, run and paid for by EMTBRAVO so there for he has every rite to make rules and inforce the rules of the board. Secondly this site was created as a learning tool to share information witjh our fellow brothers and sisters in the emergency services field. This site is about meeting people in our lines of work and trying to learn form each other as well as discuss new ideas and share Factual information about current events such as fires or MVA's and so on.

If you guys have a problem with how things are run here, feel free to start your own site. Go right ahead. Don't like that you can't ordain yourself an expert and start bashing everything and everyone here? Too bad. Go to Register.com and pick a domain name. Then go find a server, pay for some space, download some software and go crazy.

It also seems that some members think that by posting issues here, issues in thier department beyond the control of anyone on the operational level, that they will magically fall on the proper ears and have some effect. The Mayor is not reading the EMTBravo Forums.

Some people act like they are entitled to these forums and fail to realize that it is a privilege to be here.

EMT BRAVO.....keep up the good work. I think I speak for a large majority of the members here that appreciate your hard work and efforts. Thanks for propviding a great network and "keep the faith."

First let me say I do enjoy this site and sharing ideas and views. It is one of the most informative sites I have been on. I also feel however people tend to get passionate about thier views and it sometimes turns into discussion that some may find offensive. I personally don't find anything offensive nor do I take any comments personal ( 20 years working in a prison and 26 years in the volunteer fire service has made me thick skinned I guess :blink: ) but others will especially when comments are made towards something they are a part of or believe in.

Short of deragatory, abusive, and threatening language I feel views should be expressed freely. There is an issue now as we all know out of Denmark and a cartoon which will test this country's committment to preserving free speech, something many of American has died or been injured for.

With the understanding that this is a private site with terms and conditions which I do respect maybe we can come up with a happy medium. As always, my humble opinion.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

EMT Bravo, let me restate the point that many of us appreciate all of the hard work you undertake to make this forum available to us.

As someone who's had a post or two removed or edited (and even when reacting to someone else's comments which I thought were out of line - not looking to start trouble from scratch), I'll admit, I was heated about being taken off the post.

But in retrospect, EMTBRAVO had done a good job at judging what was constructive, and what was just senseless ranting. Remember that we all have to read these little jabs, and it's a drag to have to read between the lines for the valuable stuff amid so much trash talking.

Remember, too, that EMTBRAVO has given you a PM feature. You can have it out with whomever you want - just don't subject all of us to it.

Plus, what ever happened to the camaraderie that's supposed to be implicit in firefighting? There's definitely room to criticize...but if that's all your doing, I think you're missing the point. None of us are perfect - volly or professional; but we all do the same job, right?

Don't give up, EMTBRAVO. Many of us would miss the forums!

I've seen no bashing. I've had my first post taken off. It didn't bash anybody but it was taken off anyway. This thread about not removing other threads is the worst one yet. Just because you don't agree with a post does'nt make it an attack on a dept. or person. It's just a different opinion. This reminds me of another problem in the fire service.......Micro-management!

First off, I really enjoy this site, and some friends of mine from NJ (they're both EMTs) love that they can see what's going on at home while their away, and I enjoy that too. I also love that it provides an efficient method to avoid work (like it is now). I think that this site is run very well, and I applaud the efforts to keep negativity off these boards. As an inexperienced FF/EMT I love all the information and help that I receive from this site, I've found it very enlghtening, and thank you Seth very much for creating this wonderful tool.

As for the issue of deleting things and free speech, you have none. This is Seth's site, he owns it, he pays for it, and he can do whatever the fu(k he wants with it. The fact of the matter is that he is very generous with this site. He spends a lot of time keeping it up, expends a lot of money, and takes a lot of crap from its members. Even without those factors I feel that Seth I is extremely fair.

Once again, thank you Seth and please remember that there are a lot of people who appreciate your hard work.

-Jared

Edited by JaredHG

Here's my humble suggestion:

If you want to bash a specific dept/agency, or personally attack another member, or slam one of your town politicians, or maybe insult vollies/career/EMS/Police personnel, or tell anyone they suck period on a thread on EMTBravo simply do the following:

--at the end of your post, please list your full name, dept. name, rank, age, home address, e-mail address and cell phone #.

This will allow the target of your bash/rant/slam/insult to answer you directly in the manner he wishes (maybe call you, PM you, visit you at home/work) and spare the rest of us the infantile behavior we see too often.

Isn't it tempting sometimes to just let loose when you know no one knows who you are ?? The measure of maturity is to be able to control yourself in spite of the privacy this site provides....

Seth, the growth of your site has been phenomenal ! And I believe that many are drawn to it because IT IS NOT an out-of-control free for all wild west.

On Bravo, facts matter! When you provide info, it better be accurate! When you post a photo, you better give credit! When you describe an incident you better be correct! Because if you are not these things, a fellow member will correct you in a constructive way. THAT is what gives EMTBravo credibility ! Members and guests know that when they log on, they will find what they are searching for. If it is not there, all they have to do is ask.

Anyway, off to sleep now,

stay safe everyone

You're kind of angry, aren't you?

You are entitled to the same benefits the rest of us are. I, personally, like to come on here to see what's happening, perhaps learn something and occassionally, when I can, answer some questions.

But to log in and see you and others bashing our humble host, you not only piss on his efforts and his DREAM, but you waste the time of dozens of educated, dedicated and professional people who come here for the same reasons I do.

I brought up something that was bothering me a few weeks back. It turned into a fight where I not only got eaten up publicly, but I also got private harrassments and threats. So don't think for a minute that I am not up on what is happening, because I am. (Sorry 'bout that, Mr. Bravo)

Keep your mean comments and personal attacks to yourself and the firehouse you belong to. We all get mad, we all know politics and "micro-managing" are parts of the fire service destruction process, but if we don't stick together what do we have?

And, by the way, I not only think that the FDMV is undermanned and poorly managed from City Hall, but I feel that several other Departments in WC are at the mercy of the pencil-pushers - career and volunteer. Meanwhile, it never seems like the Police Departments have these uphill battles - why is that?

Rant over. "Where's the Tylenol?"

Edited by Remember585

I think some folks are confusing the freedom of debate, with pointless attacks. There is a big difference from offering a solid opinion (and backing it up with facts experiences, and observations) than simply spouting derogatory comments about an individual's intelligence, background, skills, etc. We are all here to learn from each other, and to pick up ideas from each other. Sure debates will get heated, but getting heated and getting inappropriate are two different things. I think we all understand that sometimes people will agree with us, and at other times may disagree. That is debate. Take what others say with a grain of salt. Seeing things through others can help us to have a broader view of ourselves. EMTBravo has not asked us to conform our opinions to his, just to keep our discussion focused on proper debate.