Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Harrison Donates E-13 To Louisianna

23 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say good job to Harrison FD for donating the old Engine 13 to the firefighters down in New Orleans.

its coming on news 12 in 2 minutes

Great Job Harrison!! If anyone know how they went about donating it let me know. I will pass it on and possible try to do the same with our R-47.

I know the East Fishkill Fire District [Dutchess County] donated engine 39-19 to Lousisianna, but i have no idea how they went about doing it.

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Harrison Engine 13

Photo by and © of x635

post-11-1141181439.jpg

Edited by x635

That certainly is a nice Mack! Just saw it on the news, good job guys!!!

First good job supporting our brothers in arms. Second, that truck seems newer than say even engine 110 in bedford. How old is that truck and what is going to replace it.

Engine 13 is a 1985 Mack..Our 2005 Segrave Engine 10 replaced it

Edited by jklam3

I always loved that Mack fire truck every time i saw it. Good Job Harrison even thou im from Rye. You guys did the right thing for New Orleans and Congrats. B)

Just wanted to say good job to Harrison FD for donating the old Engine 13 to the firefighters down in New Orleans.

If we as volunteers want to be respected in our communities then we need to earn that respect as a professional organization. While the gift was great, little things like not wearing a uniform to to a press release or having a prepared statement ready to go went the camera is on. Little things sometimes over shadow the good, besides the Chief came in uniform to pickup the truck. Sometimes that's the only difference.

I also believe Briarcliff donated there old Ladder down there as well

Any idea which departments are getting these trucks? It sounds like E-13 is going to New Orleans, but what about the other trucks mentioned?

good job it is nice that people are still helping of fellow brothers down thier i think it is great i also know that lake carmel sent a old rig down thier

Yes Lake Carmel FD sent 17-2-4 and Patterson FD sent 22-2-4 ( both from Putnam) a few months back. Funny part is they served in ajoining departments in Putnam and now serving ajoining departments down south.

Yes Lake Carmel FD sent 17-2-4 and Patterson FD sent 22-2-4 ( both from Putnam) a few months back. Funny part is they served in ajoining departments in Putnam and now serving ajoining departments down south.

Both Putnam engines are now serving in an area of Mississippi that was also hit hard by Katrina

good job harrison that truck was a tank

any new pics of harrisons new truck they got to replace engine 13

If we as volunteers want to be respected in our communities then we need to earn that respect as a professional organization. While the gift was great, little things like not wearing a uniform to to a press release or having a prepared statement ready to go went the camera is on. Little things sometimes over shadow the good, besides the Chief came in uniform to pickup the truck. Sometimes that's the only difference.

Ok now I have to speak,And please don't erase this.Professional and respect? I think we were very professional first off. I personally had a "prepared statement for the press" They didn't air it. And as for uniforms sorry we didn't have them on but we all work for the DPW so we left work when the time was right and had to returned right afterwards. Also the chief had been delayed numerous times so weren't really sure when he was comming. I take offense to your statement I'm the asst. chief there and I commend all my guy's for a great job!!! As for little thing's over shadowing big thing's...No the whole story first before making such a negative statement. :D

Asst. Chief Dino Del Signore

Harrison Fire Dept.

Good job Dino tell the armchair buffs the way it is. Keep up the good work.

to all who want to donate anything at all, the westchester county fire chiefs association has connections. please contact your represenative or me by private message. their is a meeting coming up this month not sure of the date but will mention it if needed. also the association is looking for new members. they are looking for new chiefs in the area and anyone moving up the ranks and aspiring a chiefs position.

mike boles, movin up! :D

Ok now I have to speak,And please don't erase this.Professional and respect? I think we were very professional first off. I personally had a "prepared statement for the press" They didn't air it. And as for uniforms sorry we didn't have them on but we all work for the DPW so we left work when the time was right and had to returned right afterwards. Also the chief had been delayed numerous times so weren't really sure when he was comming. I take offense to your statement I'm the asst. chief there and I commend all my guy's for a great job!!! As for little thing's over shadowing big thing's...No the whole story first before making such a negative statement.  :blink:

Asst. Chief Dino Del Signore

Harrison Fire Dept.

Good on you guys chief.

Was the press release at the firehouse?