Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

Best Chicken Wings

41 posts in this topic

Just to show you guys I have a funny side--bird flu is hitting europe pretty hard--they are killing a lot of chicken because of it. Before it hits here we should see where the best chicken wings are:

My westchester favorite is the Candle lite on Central Ave

Whats your?

cant beat the Candlelite Inn

although if you ever find yourself in Hampton Bays (Southampton Town) Long Island, hit Gator's. Great stuff.

Edited by 23piraf

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOTERS!

I would have to say I totally agree on the Candle light Inn for best wings in Westchester!!!! However I think the best wings ine the Tri-State is at Down the Hatch on W4th Street in NYC! .............................Well then You gotta ask whats the BEst burger and I would Say Pipers Kilt in Eastchester, any one agree??

TK's American Cafe

Tk's American Cafe in Dunbury Conn. 32 flavors of wings MMMM MMMM MMMMMM Good.

Edited by LCFD968

I would have to say I totally agree on the Candle light Inn for best wings in Westchester!!!! However I think the best wings ine the Tri-State is at Down the Hatch on W4th Street in NYC! .............................Well then You gotta ask whats the BEst burger and I would Say Pipers Kilt in Eastchester, any one agree??

Best burger I have had is at Gordo's in Hawthorne.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

A little out of the way, but Rookies Sports Bar in Cromwell Ct, "wings of death"

The new Buffalo Wild Wings in New Roc City is very good, as is the Beechmont Tavern on North Ave next to Station 3. A little triva, the Beechmont Tavern is what Don McLean is referring to in the song American Pie when he sings, "drove the chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry."

Also, firehouse grille in Peekskill - 1,2,3,4 alarm and Haz-mat wings. - 4 alramers are hot, but edible. Haz-mat, that's a different story

The Candlelight probably has the highest regards in Westchester for wings.

Foley's in Pleasantville used to have great wings as well.

Sal's Birdland in Rochester, Syracuse,Oswego are my favorite upstate wings. Their Sassy Sauce is unmatched :lol:

I was referring to advancing and maneuvering the 2.5, the actual operation does not require the additional men.

Don't get me wrong there is no substitute for 2.5 attack line.

It's been a while since I've had wings in Westchester, but Foley's in P-Ville was my favorite.

In NYC, Brother Jimmy's was my choice

Check out Black Bear on Washington Street in Hoboken too...

Best wings I've ever had were at a place named Kokomos in Camp Hill, PA (Harrisburg). They were often awarded best wings in PA. Wednesday nights used to drive the 20 miles up from Gettysburg in college for nickle wing night.

The bast chicken wings are definetly candlelight on central ave. But a close contender is Davey Burns in Port chester, and Beechmont in New Rochelle.

Don't now about now a days but it was Fitzpatricks on Saw Mill River Road in Yonkers a few years ago.

Just my 2 cents.

Best wings I've ever had were at a place named Kokomos in Camp Hill, PA (Harrisburg).  They were often awarded best wings in PA.  Wednesday nights used to drive the 20 miles up from Gettysburg in college for nickle wing night.

YES on Kokomos as well....its a tight race between them and Candlelight for the best I've ever had. Hooters wings are overrated, however who goes there for the food...

YES on Kokomos as well....its a tight race between them and Candlelight for the best I've ever had. Hooters wings are overrated, however who goes there for the food...

Which is why I prefer wing house. awesome food, terrific women....i mean wings. Over all, a much friendlier and nicer place them hooters.

cant beat the Candlelite Inn

Totally agree with you.

Candle lite def.

2nd fav....planet wings Teryaki BBQ in ossining...only ones there I like.

Best ribs...

Sammy's BBQ Kingsbridge Rd. in the Bronx across from Bronx VA

and believe it or not...the TGI Friday's in Elmira.

Close third....Bernie Murrays elmira heights.

SO FAR, DINOSAUR B.B.Q. IN HARLEM.. I KNOW SOUNDS GHETTO, BUT TRUST ME, IT'S SAFE.. 125ST OFF THE WESTSIDE HWY. 2 BLOCKS ON LEFT, UNDER RIVERSIDE DR. SO FAR SO GOOD. ENJOY :P

The Best Wings?!?!?!?!?!?

OK Come to CT and I only have to say one place - ARCHIE MOORES

The original is in New Haven on Willow Street. Easy to get to. Take I-95 Noprth to I-91 North and get off exit 6 (left exit) Take a right at the end of the ramp and it is on the left side about a 1/2 mile up the road.

Therer is another in Fairfield in downtown not far from the Metro North train station, Milford near the town docks and Wallingford on North Main Street.

You all will be happy with them. Try them out if you are up this way.

And TK's are good too, We have one in New Haven. haven't been to Danbury yet.

Edited by IzzyEng4

ALS i have to take you to the Elbow Room in Elmira next time we are there. Best in the State !!!

Dinosaur is good too been to the one in Syracuse.

Not sure if it is still there, but this place called Wild Wings in the Reading Reginonal Airport in Reading, PA. All you can eat wings at the time for $6.95. All kinds too.

Foley's had great wings and I agree with the Candlelight, but they are bigger than wings should be.

since this has now expanded outside westchester, I've gotta throw in Crickets upstate in Peru. Its only a mile of 87 and is still the best I've ever had.

:lol: Firehouse grill in Peekskill I made the mistake of trying the Haz-mat wings I wasnt right for a week if you know what I mean!!! :blink:

I haven't been to Wing House since moving to Orlando, but my wife who's a native says that they're good. I'll have to check it out.

I'm not a huge fan of Hooters food, but I was in Daytona for Bike Week Thursday, Friday, Saturday of last week.... My buds and I had our motorhome in the park behind Hooters and were there 5 times in 3 days.... Closing the place each night.... For some reason the wings were great this time around. Might have been the beer talking though.

Three Mile Island OR 911 is the only way to go. Anything less just doesn't get the nose running like wings are supposed to.

I'll agree with Candle Light, but Sherwoods in L'mont is great. 10 cent wings on Mondays!!

Wow listen to all this Elmira talk. Get to Legends bar and grill in Elmira Heights or The Green Durby in Elmira. Good spots

been to both the legends and the Green Derby excellent choices. then lets not forget the Hi Bar and Bernie Murry's bar food at its best

Hi-Bar, popcorn and shuffle board. Good choice, certainly agree.

Backpage Sports Bar

upper east side manhattan

1472 3rd Ave, New York 10028

At 83rd St

One review about the place:

"There are two other decorations worth noting: a giant American flag and a banner-sized mural depicting a close-up of the scoreboard on Fenway Park's storied Green Monster. According to the scoreboard, the Boston Red Sox are down by one run in the bottom of the ninth inning, with Hall-of-Famer Carl Yastrzemski coming up to bat. You'd think it a criminally inappropriate piece of art for a Manhattan bar, except that you know that it's the line score from the 1978 playoff game that made Bucky Dent a household name. Most of the crowd at Back Page knows this also. But the trivia-challenged shouldn't shy away from this high-ceilinged shrine to New York sports; just eat your chicken wings (you can get a 'Grand Slam' portion of 150 if you're up for it) and listen -- you'll learn in time."

The wings are great and for around $7 you get a tower of nachos.

Give the locations of some of these bars if you can. I love wings and love to travel to eat them. Thanks.

best wings i have ever had are from "smokey bear's" in lake george. hes got a smoker out in the back of the place and all of the food is smoked all morning. it is the best food i have ever had in my life. the ribs, wings, everything...all of the meat falls off the bone (almost litraly). i cant even discribe how amazing this place is.

If you are in LG, its about 15 mins from the vill of LG south going in the direction of glens falls on your left. its past great escape or what ever that place is. its right across the st from a gocart place.