Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBJ1202

Interest In Firematic County Competition?

6 posts in this topic

What kind of interest level do you think departments in the county would have in some kind of firematic competetion? Having a county wide extrication competition or some kind of firematic challenge seems like it would be a lot of fun to me. I think it would be a great way for departments from all over to share techniques and knowlegde of extrication and general firematics. One example that comes to mind the is J.O.L.T. (Jaws Of Life Competition) http://www.firematic.com/jolt.php.

What kind of interest level do you think departments in the county would have in some kind of firematic competetion? Having a county wide extrication competition or some kind of firematic challenge seems like it would be a lot of fun to me. I think it would be a great way for departments from all over to share techniques and knowlegde of extrication and general firematics. One example that comes to mind the is J.O.L.T. (Jaws Of Life Competition) http://www.firematic.com/jolt.php.

How about a flag football league among the county departments????

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

Dover fire dept hosts an extrication competition every year in the fall

I'd love to see Departments getting together to compete, IN THE SPIRIT OF LEARNING, that is.

We could all benefit from something like this. Another thing I'd be interested in seeing is Departments that work together regularly doing something like this together. Might as well train the same way you work.

Other then extrications, what are some other things that could be done?

Any ideas?

Andy, flag football's a great idea - so would softball and perhaps basketball.

I think that an annual competition among career, combination, and volunteer departments would be an unbelievable learning experience. Seeing different techniques and equipment in operation would be very interesting to see.

Edited by JBJ1202

I'd love to see Departments getting together to compete, IN THE SPIRIT OF LEARNING, that is.

We could all benefit from something like this.  Another thing I'd be interested in seeing is Departments that work together regularly doing something like this together.  Might as well train the same way you work.

Other then extrications, what are some other things that could be done? 

Any ideas?

Andy, flag football's a great idea - so would softball and perhaps basketball.

The musters or other firematic competition such as the Challenge is a good idea but it is usually an annual event. I feel team sports can be an ongoing thing that would also promote fitness for our members.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD