Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Now THAT is a phone bill.

14 posts in this topic

I've heard of mistakes on bills before but that is by far the largest I've ever heard of.

Man Gets $218 Trillion Phone Bill

Apr 10, 7:16 AM (ET)

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - A Malaysian man said he nearly fainted when he recieved a $218 trillion phone bill and was ordered to pay up within 10 days or face prosecution, a newspaper reported Monday.

Yahaya Wahab said he disconnected his late father's phone line in January after he died and settled the 84 ringgit ($23) bill, the New Straits Times reported.

But Telekom Malaysia later sent him a 806,400,000,000,000.01 ringgit ($218 trillion) bill for recent telephone calls along with orders to settle within 10 days or face legal proceedings, the newspaper reported.

It wasn't clear whether the bill was a mistake, or if Yahaya's father's phone line was used illegally after after his death.

"If the company wants to seek legal action as mentioned in the letter, I'm ready to face it," the paper quoted Yahaya as saying. "In fact, I can't wait to face it," he said.

Yahaya, from northern Kedah state, received a notice from the company's debt-collection agency in early April, the paper said. Yahaya said he nearly fainted when he saw the new bill.

Government-linked Telekom Malaysia Bhd. is the country's largest telecommunications company.

A company official, who declined to be identified as she was not authorized to speak to the media, said Telekom Malaysia was aware of Yahaya's case and would address it. She did not provide further details.

The .01 ringgit at the end of that number is the real kicker!

Reminds me of my NEXTEL bill!

I never thought calling the dead would be that expensive!

Wow I thought 200 dollars was a lot for a cell phone bill that is ridiculas

That is the most craziest thing I have ever heard. I sure hope that it's not real. If it is I would fight it all the way.

That  is  the  most  craziest  thing  I  have  ever  heard.  I  sure  hope  that  it's  not  real. If  it  is  I  would  fight  it  all  the  way.

"Hi mom? yea, yea....yea, hey this call is costing $1539.29 a minute just so you know.."

My Nextel bill is never too bad, never over $600.58 :D

Without a doubt This is amazing I bet you this phone bill is from nextel. And I could only hope that this guy went over his minutes a little bit. :P:lol:

Ain't that the truth!!!! F**king NEXTEL...too bad they are the only one's with a good direct connect.

I WHOULD NOT LIKE TO PAY THAT BILL WHAT A RIP OFF IF THE GUY WAS SMART

HE WHOULD TELL THAT PHONE COMPANY TO GO TO HELL