Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mets

49 posts in this topic

Does anyone think that the Mets have a good shot at making it into the MLB playoffs and then into the World Series. So far the Mets are looking HOT with a

9-2 record.

Edited by nrfd r4

I have to agree with you the Mets are looking good this year. I think that if they keep playing hard like they are then I think that they will have a shot at the playoffs.

Does anyone think that the Mets have a good shot at making it into the MLB playoffs and then into the World Series. So far the Mets are looking HOT with a

9-2 record.

10-2 as of last night actually, but anyway

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|||LETS GO YANKEE'S|||

Edited by Porsha911gt3

The Mets will have a good shot this year if everyone stays healthy and plays hard. They should also look to pick up some good talent before the trade deline in a few months. They have a shot at the divison if they just keep it up

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!

In baseball, never believe what you see in April or September. Remember....it's a trot....not a sprint !

I doubt it remember there's still like maybe around a 150 games there's still plany of time for the to mess up.

The Mets will find a way to screw it up, LETS GO YANKEES!!!

I second that go Yankees

The only problem is that the yankees rely on the fact that they only work as a total cohesieve unit when everyone is healthy. When a starter goes down they have a hard time finding a replacement. Unlike the METS who dont have a normal starters, thus the players are always different. its a coin toss who is going to play day to day.

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a fun ride. I am unhappy that they got rid of Piazza(SHOWED HIM NO LOVE, DAMN YOU, MINAYA!!!), Seo and Benson. Zambrano was a bust. I would be more than happy to take Anna Benson and her big mouth, amongst other things, over this guy Julio they put in the bullpen. Put Zambrano in the bullpen, bring Heilman into the rotation. They have a pretty decent bench, so we'll see how things work out. I'm not the slightest bit surprised that Beltran went down. Not worth the money. Should have kept Cameron. Now just get rid of Matsui and platoon Hernandez and Woodward.

As for the playoffs/series, it's too early to tell. If just about everyone stays healthy, we'll see. I want to see how well they handle Philly, after Atlanta. I mean come on, Florida and Washington were pushovers. Florida gutted the team exactly like they did after they won in 1997.

I will go out on a limb and say if the Mets don't win the division, they'll get the wild card. I don't know how far they will get into the playoffs.

As for you Yankee fans, your team has not won a series in 6 years. I respect the Yankees, however throwing money around instead of developing your farm system and having a pitching rotation that is a little younger could be of help. I know, I know the Mets have been throwing the money around, and I disagree with it completely. Who is the last home grown Yankee player to make it really big??? Jeter?? Bernie?? As for the home grown stuff at Shea, dealing Mike Jacobs for Delgado, bad move as well. I couldn't care less about Pedro. Just cut the toe off and be done with it already. Glavine is another one I have no use for. And I am a Met fan. OK I am done.

Its very easy to root for a team when they are winning. Not that I am putting down any yankee fan, but how many fans here jumped on the band wagon in the last 10 years? What about the good old days of Mattingly, Sax, Tartabull, Winfield, Regetti. I hung up my yankee cap after those great players left. Stenbriener is a complete jack @SS. Remember when he wanted to move to Jersey. He never invested any money into the team back then, now he guarantess championships before opening day. He is a typical business man. Oh and another thing. 6 bucks for a beer 3 bucks for a dog and 4 dollars for water. He is a criminal! Baseball has always been about the fans, the loyal hard working fans. Now every white collar corporate office has thousand dollar company boxes. Forget about sitting field level if you don't have the connections or a ton of $$. Don't worry the Mets will always have room for the real fans of the game.

Just my two cents

Its very easy to root for a team when they are winning.  Not that I am putting down any yankee fan, but how many fans here jumped on the band wagon in the last 10 years? What about the good old days of Mattingly, Sax, Tartabull, Winfield, Regetti.  I hung up my yankee cap after those great players left.  Stenbriener is a complete jack @SS.  Remember when he wanted to move to Jersey.  He never invested any money into the team back then, now he guarantess championships before opening day.  He is a typical business man.  Oh and another thing.  6 bucks for a beer 3 bucks for a dog and 4 dollars for water.  He is a criminal!  Baseball has always been about the fans, the loyal hard working fans.  Now every white collar corporate office has thousand dollar company boxes.  Forget about sitting field level if you don't have the connections or a ton of $$.  Don't worry the Mets will always have room for the real fans of the game.

Just my two cents

Been a Yankee fan since I knew a baseball bat was more than just hitting my younger brother with. :):):):)

As far as Steinbrenner....love him or hate him...he knows how to bankroll a team.

how about lastings millidge straight up for dontrell willis??? and for the yankee turned mets fan because of stienbrenner, he bought the team in 1973, so you had no problem when he bought mr october in the late seventies? why change now after 20+ years? i cannot take that seriously.

look guys i am a true YANKEE fan, but not for nothing with the money spent and the all star team George put together they should not have the record they have! As faar as the mets, they look good and I would love to see a subway series for the worldseries. And the Mets show that you dont need to spend huge amonts of money for a winning team

Well the METS lost to Atlanta last night. I've been a METS fan since I was three. The first week was great but they played teams like Washington and Florida. Now comes the real test on the west coast road trip... If they win out there, then these METS are for real. Go METS!! and revenge on the Yankees for our loss in the World Series with them.

I have to say good luck to the Mets but they might not have a playoff spot.

but as others have said

Lets Go Yankees :)

OK Mets fans, sound off like you got a pair!!! :) TOO many yankees fans out there! I think its about time we have a Mets team to be proud of. This team isnt just a bunch of high priced talent who sits for a month with every blister they get, the whole team is balanced and they have ALL stepped up at one point or the other and got the job done. Im proud and excited this season. GO METS!!! :)

Jonesy

Jump on the band wagon everyone, the METS will be world champs this year.....LOL!!!

At least I hope so, they look like the 86 METS!!!!

listen all you yankee fans always have something to say,,,, its the METS YEAR hahahaha goooo metssss SORRY BUT THE YANKEES DONT HAVE IT THIS YEAR OR WILL THEY EVER HAVE IT AGAIN

Thats what Im talkin' 'bout!!!! Keep it coming METS fans! :)

World Series Champs 2006-07!

LET'S GOOOOOOO METSSSSSSSSSS

Jeeze, Wright is having a lousy day.

i hate the mets i like the yankees

let go yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PMFD~TL3

Once again the Mets wont win anything untill they learn how to beat the Braves!!! another loss today 2 to 1 sorry Mets fans :D

LET'S GO METS!!

Edited by breezly

10-3 big deal its april season ends in october theres no doubt that the mets will screw up. LETS GO YANKEES!

You mean there is another team here in NY besides the yankees??? Oh yeah i forgot that team in queens. what are they now 10-3 hey even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while, and to the person who said the yankees havent won a world series in six years lets see how long has it been for the mets hmmm 1986 wow thats 20 years and by the way when was the last time you met fans thanked bill buckner. Think i wil start a new chant at the Stadium this year for the yank -met game "1986"

You mean there is another team here in NY besides the yankees??? Oh yeah i forgot that team in queens. what are they now 10-3 hey even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while, and to the person who said the yankees havent won a world series in six years lets see how long has it been for the mets hmmm 1986 wow thats 20 years and by the way when was the last time you met fans thanked bill buckner. Think i wil start a new chant at the Stadium this year for the yank -met game "1986"

Thats what im talkin about!!! :D

I almost forgot myself, that it's been 6 years since the Bronx Juice Heads bought another Championship. Let's not forget either, all you so called, jump on the band wagon Yankee Fans, the Mets never lost a Series when they were up 3 games to 0. You guys really made History then, and it couldn't have been against a better team. Can you say LOOOOOOOSERS! :D