Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Arenas Get "Extreme Home Makeover"!

74 posts in this topic

This is truly an amazing story. I wish I could have been a part of it, but I wanted to say to everyone involved, you all did an excellent job. The house looks amazing. And for only 5 days of build time, it seems unfeasable. God Bless everyone who had a hand in this project, and the Arena family. I can't wait to see the episode on TV

Part of the secret to building the house so quickly is 1) They used the existing foundation apparently 2) They prebuilt a lot of parts/sections at IBM and trucked them to the site like a half prefab - parts were apparently numbered and pieced together like legos 3) a huge amount of volunteer help.

I can't wait to see this all on TV in May.

This is truly an amazing story. I wish I could have been a part of it, but I wanted to say to everyone involved, you all did an excellent job. The house looks amazing. And for only 5 days of build time, it seems unfeasable. God Bless everyone who had a hand in this project, and the Arena family. I can't wait to see the episode on TV

I too wish I could have been there all weekend. But Imust say that all who had a hand in this project did one BEAUTIFUL job Congrats to all who helped as you have so much to be proud of and to the Arena Family who are so deserving of this beautiful home.

I have a bracelet on that says "Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours" and i've got to say it was an honor making a miracle happen building the arena house. I two wish I could spent more then just two nights volunteering but just being their helping was great. Being from Brewster FD I don't know many people from Somers but I have met so many nice people and made new friends with firefighters from Somers, Croton Falls and Katonah. I wish nothing but great things for the Arena family and good luck with your new home you deserve it.

Congrulations to the Arena Family on your new home!!!

congrats to a well deserved family!!!! just remember your little man will be watching over all of u always!

I am SO happy to see the Arena's longtime dream complete, and a new chapter in their lives opened. It seems like so long ago when this was just a dream talked about while Jim and Gina sat by JimBoys bedside at WMC. I'm upset I couldn't be there in person during the unveil, but I was definetly there in spirit. I am so proud of all the people who made it possible for them, and how everyone worked together, in true spirit of what's been taught to us over the past couple of year.

Looking foward to May 14th and the nation hearing the Arena's tragic and touching story, and seeing how much they deserve this gift.

What a beautiful house for beautiful people.

Edited by x635

Congrats Arena family on the new Home..

I couldn't make it for the actual project, but had a chance to drive by the house on Thursday (or a least near the house, as the block was closed off by Somers PD). The house looks great.

I look forward to seeing the episode on May 14 to see all the effort that went into this project..

CONGRATS TO MY FRIENDS, MY 2ND FAMILY THE ARENA'S

To all who worked on the house by hammer or pen THANK YOU.

YOU HAVE ALL TANKEN PART OF WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD

BROTHERHOOD

Just saw the preview on ABC looks like it will be a touching episode

Congrats to the Arena Family

From ABC's website:

Next Episode:

Sunday, May 14, 8/7c

"Arena Family"

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition grants a new lease on life to the grieving parents of a gallant little boy whose life and death touched the hearts of everyone in their community.