Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Arenas Get "Extreme Home Makeover"!

74 posts in this topic

Congrats to Jim, Gina and the Arena family! Yesterday morning, they were finally awoken by ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" team, who were there to begin work on their new home.

The Arena's are currently on their way to Disney World, where they will vacation until next Wednesday, when their brand new home will be completed. The episode is scheduled to air Sunday night, May 14th on Channel 7/ABC

This has been long awaited by the Arenas, and the support of many of their freinds helped make this dream a reality for them. Congrats!

For more on Jimmy Boy and the Arena family, click herehttp://www.jimmboy.com

If there was ever a deserving family it is them. I am glad they were chosen.

This is some of the best news put on this site in a long time congratulations.

Cant wait to see that! They're in Katonah, right? It'll be cool to get the "inside scoop" on just exactly how they get all that crap done in such a short time!!

Congrats!!

Jimmy

ON THE UPDATE:

He lives in Somers, Member and Ex-Chief of Katonah Fire Deparment

By the way if they need any help with that Im sure we can muster up a crew to lend a hand. Someone get in touch if they need anything!

Edited by cas2383

Congrats.. They really deserve this...

Does anybody know if the FD and EMS agencies can assist in making this project even a better success.

I am sure many of the EMTBravo members want to assist this effort.

Wow this is great news!! I may have to run by universial and congratulate them!

My thoughts exactly... someone please get in touch if they need any sort of help.

No family on earth deserves this more then the Arena's do.

Cant what to see the episode

By the way if they need any help with that Im sure we can muster up a crew  to lend a hand.  Someone get in touch if they need anything!

My sister signed up to help volunteer.From what she told me,she got in contact with the local contractor in charge,she actually had to fill out quite a bit of paperwork.If anyone wants me to get them info on who to contact I will do my best to get that info through my sister.I do know she starts on friday working.

They definitely deeserve this. As for FD help. I was about to make a suggestion that since Jim Arena is the ex-chief of Katonah, and Jimmyboy was a member in several departments, maybe Katonah FD, or other FD's in the area could offer their Rescue to block the house for its unveiling. Instead of "MOVE THAT BUS", it would be "MOVE THAT FIRE TRUCK". Anyone from Katonah FD, Or other FD that could discuss this topic, and approach the production crew with it?

Edited by grumpyff

congat to you hope it come out good and if they need some help let us know some guys from down the county would come up and help

Congratulations to the Arena family. I do not know of a more deserving family for something like this. I hope they get what they want and that ABC does a good job on fixing up the home of a family who has been through so much.

congradulations to the arenas you guys deserved it and i will watch that show and im sure everyone else will watch it to. congradulations to the arenas

Congrats.. They really deserve this...

Does anybody know if the FD and EMS agencies can assist in making this project even a better success.

I am sure many of the EMTBravo members want to assist this effort.

Sign me up!!!

The Demo of the house is 8:30 or so on Friday morning. Some local fire departments will be assisting, unsure the exact departments. I know members from Croton Falls, Katonah, Goldens Bridge, Bedford Hills, and Yorktown helped pack and empty the house tonight. If anybody wants to volunteer they can show up I just talk to a lady and she put me on a list and only asked for my e-mail. It’s about 2-3 minutes off of I684 Exit 7 (North) Coming south about 5-7 minutes off of Exit 8 for an idea of where it is.

I just heard about this from ScubaSam tonight and agree that this is awesome and such a wonderful for the Arenas.

NYTruckie: By "demo" do you mean the unveiling that they film when everyone gets to see the house for the first time? I'd love to see that in person.

Here's some additional information from the Arena family.....

EXTREME MAKEOVER IS HERE

This morning, April 19, our family was surprised by Ty Pennington and crew.  As you can imagine we are truly thankful for this moment. 

With all your letter writing and caring for our family, we are once again blessed by an incredible event in life.

Basic schedule as I know it. . . look for details

April 20 through the 25 demolition and construction.  Please come by and enjoy the events, volunteer and have fun!!!  The site will be operating for 24 hours a day.  Please come and volunteer, if you would like.

Move the Bus day will be April 26.  This is an all day event.  Bring your lawn chairs and some food and drink.

Thank you everyone for your unconditional love and support throughout all our ups and downs of life.  Jimboy is smiling down on all of us.  He is working overtime to take care of all of us.  We have a very special and loving group that surround us.  We love you all and THANK YOU.

As I am very emotional about this bittersweet event, I am thankful for every moment I have spent and shared with each of you.

See you in a week - Love, Gina, Jim and family

Can anyone post an address up ?

best of luck to them,its gonna be tough with alot of rain forcast from sat. thru tues.

Congrats to the entire family.

It couldn't happen to a better more deserving family.

I am sure it will turn out great.

You can see somethings on News12

Just watched news 12, got the address from that. Is it ok if we just show up to help out? Should we bring anything along to help tools ect?

Just watched news 12,  got the address from that.  Is it ok if we just show up to help out?  Should we bring anything along to help tools ect?

I don't know how much we are supposed to leak out or whatever..but Northern Westchester Fire departments were very well represented this morning and last night. It is slated to air on May 14th.

I was also thinking maybe if everyone who helped out brought a patch or something, so the family could always know they have friends where ever they look especially around westchester cty.... just an idea.

Best of luck to everyone. May you all be blessed with much happiness and great health. It couldn't had happend to a more deserving family.

I would like to thank all the members from the Somers, Katonah, Golden's Bridge, Croton Falls, Yorktown and Bedford Hills VFD's who assisted in the pack-up on Thursday night, and the Demo today.

I have been dealing with this for over 6 weeks now, but due to Federal Law restrictions regarding "Game Shows", it had to be kept a secrect until Wednesday morning when the show arrived.

By no means was there an intent to slight any FD or EMS agancy in regards to the last 2 days activities, however they were set up many days prior to the arrival of the show on Wednesday. The 6 FD's that worked extremely hard both last night and today, were the same 6 FD's that were represented in carrying "Jimmy-boy's" casket.

At this point, these were the only organized FD events

Anyone can volunteer at this point, just go to the intersection of Lake Way and Entrance Way, East- alongside the Lake Purdy's clubhouse, and sign-up. They will put you to work!

Thank you again.

Nicely and Professionaly done Ed, Really showing how the FD's Support each other in there time of need (As that has been going on) but regardless.

Hello all, this is my first post on EMT Bravo. I am a former Bedford Village FD member and current Bedford PD Detective. I joined EMT Bravo specifically to respond to this thread.

I was lucky enough to be standing across the street when the firefighters came on the set and did their thing. It was awesome to watch and I don't want to give anything away but you'll see plenty of people you know in the shots. I have been very impressed with the reaction and support of the volunteer fire service to the Arena family, the continuous support that has been offered-even after the loss

of Jimmy Boy-has been nothing short of inspirational and a credit to firefighters everywhere.

You should all be very proud. Keep up the good work!