Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Driver clocked at 120mph on Sprain Pkwy

27 posts in this topic

Cops: Driver clocked at 120 miles per hour on Sprain

By TERRY CORCORAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original Publication: April 20, 2006)

GREENBURGH — A 29-year-old Greenwich, Conn., man faces a host of charges after troopers clocked him doing 120 miles per hour on the Sprain Brook Parkway, police said today.

The driver is scheduled to appear April 28 in Greenburgh Town Court to answer misdemeanor charges of driving while ability impaired by drugs, reckless driving and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, police said.

He is also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and speeding, an infraction.

Trooper Sean Morgan was on patrol when he clocked the man doing 120 in a 55 mph zone on Monday around 1:10 p.m. and pulled him over after a brief pursuit.

Anybody know what kind of car he was driving. I bet its a nice car considering he is from Greenwich, he'll get away with a slap on the wrist. They should impound his car and sell it.

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Anybody know what kind of car he was driving.

I'll tell you one thing, it wasnt a porsche :P

Trooper Medic Morgan gettin the big hit...nice...

Trooper Medic Morgan gettin the big hit...nice...

That's why my Chief calls the stretch that we cover from Jackson Ave. to Dobbs Ferry Rd. "Highway to Heaven".

If you're not doing at least 70mph on the Sprain, you get passed or back up traffic behind you.

Not enough enforcment of the speed limit. I'm surprised he got caught.

I'm sure Sean hit the afterburners on that one........

"7K12 to TMC, going ballistic....."

Driver was "clocked" the other night on the Hutch Riv Pkwy at 120+. Was a 92 Honda. Had a lot if aftermarket stuff in it. No roll cage, but a bunch of other aftermarket stuff.

Somebody on Central Avenue, Yonkers, southbound was clocked I believe doing 100 mph or so coming out ot the Tuckahoe Road overpass. This was a couple years back.

Ther troopers are way short staffed and have little coverage on the entire Sprain Brook Pkwy.

Anybody know what kind of car he was driving. I bet its a nice car considering he is from Greenwich, he'll get away with a slap on the wrist. They should impound his car and sell it.

2003 Acura 3.2CL

2003 Acura 3.2CL

Now that wasn't worth it. Maybe an NSX and it would have been worth it

But when the Trooper called in to TMC they transfered the call. They thought the Sprain Brook Parkway was in Putnam!!!!!!!!!

was the trooper driving the NYSP Camaro?

Edited by 66Alpha1

hmm wonder who the driver was? let me know i'll see if he's a neighbor of mine

Haven't seen the Camaro lately. More than likely it was a Crown Vic(Police Interceptor). It gets up to about 140, it takes soon time. I once got my stock Ford Focus up to 106, and then the computer limiter kicked in. :lol:

Haven't seen the Camaro lately. More than likely it was a Crown Vic(Police Interceptor).  It gets up to about 140, it takes soon time.  I once got my stock Ford Focus up to 106, and then the computer limiter kicked in. :lol:

That was on a racetrack of course right :D

In New York City if your doing more than double the speed limit, there is a city ordinance that allows the city to seize your car. They should have that law up here too.

i drive on the sprain every morning to get to school, and every morning i see at the least 2 cars being pulled over by state troopers.

there is that nice straight away on the south bound side that the troopers could stake out and pick cars off all day. then they can take the money from the tickets and pay for more troopers. see then everyone is happy.

this guy did this at ONE IN THE AFTERNOON . there are tons of people out at that time. i had my 98 Jetta up to about 120 on 95 once. of course that was at 3am and i was not drinking nor impared with anything.

there is that nice straight away on the south bound side that the troopers could stake out and pick cars off all day. then they can take the money from the tickets and pay for more troopers. see then everyone is happy.

That would be nice, but the troopers don't get the money for the tickets. It goes to the local courts that cover that area. (At least that's what I was told a few times)

this guy did this at ONE IN THE AFTERNOON . there are tons of people out at that time. i had my 98 Jetta up to about 120 on 95 once. of course that was at 3am and i was not drinking nor impared with anything.

You should save that kind of driving/speed for the race track. One little mistake or car malfunction and you'll not only be ruining your day, but maybe someone else's day or life for that matter.

I'm a licensed NHRA drag racer and know that driving fast is fun but can be very dangerous even in an controlled environment like the race track where it's desined for racing.

You should save that kind of driving/speed for the race track. One little mistake or car malfunction and you'll not only be ruining your day, but maybe someone else's day or life for that matter.

I'm a licensed NHRA drag racer and know that driving fast is fun but can be very dangerous even in an controlled environment like the race track where it's desined for racing.

Well that was a long time ago. i drive alot safer now and have never gotten a speeding ticket. i was just young and dumb at the time. also no one else was in tha car and i did slow down when i saw another car.

This kid is a real jerk. They should take his lisence from him. maybe one day he will have respect for other people on the road.

I never seen this but ive heard from people i go to school with that I-87 from White Plains North is a race track. Some people say that they have gone 140 even 160mph (I highly dought it but maybe like 1am ish 2am ish) Its kinda scary since these are like 18-17yrs olds like me its SCARY. I have never gone faster than 90. ;)

I never seen this but ive heard from people i go to school with that I-87 from White Plains North is a race track. Some people say that they have gone 140 even 160mph (I highly dought it but maybe like 1am ish 2am ish) Its kinda scary since these are like 18-17yrs olds like me its SCARY. I have never gone faster than 90. :o

i believe it. i have almost been taken out a number of times by some brat in daddys BMW M3 coming home that way. Basicly anywhere there is a long straight away is there race track. most kids have just got their papers and have been behinf the wheel only a number of times. i am 27 and i can respect the rules of the road. I remember what is was like to be young and in a new car, (see earlier post), but i think i heard that they were giving some new system a try with the new drivers. anyone hear about this? like you cant drive unrestricted till your like 19 or something. maybe it is my just wishing i didn't have to cut kids out of wrecks,in the rain, on the Hutch.

Drive safe guys

Yes, NYS has 'graduated drivers license for those under 18, here is the link to the DMy website: NYS DMV