Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Drive-In Movie Anyone?

17 posts in this topic

DRIVE-IN'S ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2006 SEASON!!

Hyde Park Drive-In

510 Albany Post Road (Route 9)

Hyde Park, NY 12538

(845) 229 4738

Overlook Drive-In

Overlook Road (Off Route 44/55)

Poughkeepsie, NY 12602

(845) 452-3445

$7.00 Per Person

$5.00 Per Person (Tuesday's)

Snack Bar Always Open

Watch (2) Movies for the price of (1)

1st movie starts at 8:15 PM

My cousin just went to one of those the other night. She said she had a great time.

Living in the city almost my whole life I never been to a drive in think I will check this out now.

Anyone remember the drive- in in Elmsford where Sam's is???

Anyone remember the drive- in in Elmsford where Sam's is???

I remember the Elmsford Drive-in well. When you didn't have the money to go in, you could park in the Master's Dept Store (Multiplex Theater) parking lot and watch for free.

:-)

I've always wanted to check out a drive in movie, thanks for the reminder and heads up!

It would be so much better in a convertible though......

I go there at least 5 times a year to the one on Overlook Dr.(except last year, I went once). Bring up your camping chairs stop by Planet Wings and relax for two movies.There is an awesome Ice Cream Shop right there. Its a great time.

Here is the link to the web page.

Overlook Drive-In Schedule

Edited by LCFD968

Anybody remeber the one in Cortlandt at the end of westbrook dr? god that was a long time ago.......Now theres a sub-divison.... and a golf course i think

For anyone going up to the Lake George Convention, there was one south of Lake George on Rte 9 and another in Malta (exit 13) on route 9 as well. Instead of the old speakers, you can listen over your car stereo.

Nothing like drinking a beer and watching movie on a great summer night!!

I remember the Elmsford Drive-in well.  When you didn't have the money to go in, you could park in the Master's Dept Store (Multiplex Theater) parking lot and watch for free.

:-)

My dad used to tell us stories about parking in masters and watching the movie. I wish I was around to enjoy it. He also told me other stories, but we can't get into those! <_<

exmrvfc I didnt know if any one knew about the one near Lake George but has two screens and is really nice with the whole radio transmitter they have. Do they need a special permit or something to have a temporay kind of transmitter like that? I go there alot during the summer and is just a great big place even better if its two good movies in a row!

DRIVE-IN'S ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2006 SEASON!!

Hyde Park Drive-In

510 Albany Post Road (Route 9)

Hyde Park, NY 12538

(845) 229 4738

Overlook Drive-In

Overlook Road (Off Route 44/55)

Poughkeepsie, NY 12602

(845) 452-3445

$7.00 Per Person

$5.00 Per Person (Tuesday's)

Snack Bar Always Open

Watch (2) Movies for the price of (1)

1st movie starts at 8:15 PM

anyone's know if there is one in westchester like southern part ( I.E. new ro., yonkers, vernon)?!?!!

exmrvfc I didnt know if any one knew about the one near Lake George but has two screens and is really nice with the whole radio transmitter they have. Do they need a special permit or something to have a temporay kind of transmitter like that? I go there alot during the summer and is just a great big place even better if its two good movies in a row!

Probably no permit if they keep it under a certain level...just like a fm modulator in an XM receiver or an MP3 player. You probably tune to 88.1 or something and can only get it within 1/4 mile radius....just a guess.

Overlook Drive In has a similar system. Once you leave the drive in and get out on the road, you lose the signal. I went there, a few times last year, and the one in Lake George once. It is a good time, and young kids will like it since they can run around before the movie starts.

Where is the drive-in in Lake George?

Probably no permit if they keep it under a certain level...just like a fm modulator in an XM receiver or an MP3 player. You probably tune to 88.1 or something and can only get it within 1/4 mile radius....just a guess.

I believe any schmoe can run a small radio station so long as the signal is below a certain power level. I dunno if they're relegated to specific frequencies but I'd imagine broadcasting on a freq used by a major out of the city will override your signal unless the reciever is REALLY close.

Edited by WAS967

In the old days, there were companies that would sell you a turnkey system for AM/FM broadcasting of the movie audio track, complete with someone applying for and getting a FCC low-power license on your behalf. I have pictures somewhere of a system that was installed in a drivethrough in Iowa back in the last century....

Edited by Skooter92

Overlook Drive In has a similar system. Once you leave the drive in and get out on the road, you lose the signal.  I went there,  a few times last year, and the one in Lake George once.  It is a good time, and young kids will like it since they can run around before the movie starts.

Same situation with the Hyde Park drive-in, the transmission through the stereo system.

A good time is had by all. I have only had the fortune to go to a drive-in once, but I am thinking I may more often this upcoming summer!