Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best Fire Service Publication?

9 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to your thoughts on fire service publications.

I like to read the magazines that give me the best concise information, with the least ads.I try to read every magazine and newspaper I can get my hands on, from anywhere. When I read, I like to hear about new techniques and equipment, and other departments operations.

I subscribe to most of the major ones. My favorite is Fire Engineering. I feel they have the best and most informative quality articles, and great photos. Firehouse has slipped from what they used to be to me, and doesn't really catch my interest as much. Fire-Rescue has some interesting features, but sometimes, like Firehouse, has too much advertising for my tastes. I feel that, especially since it's a subscription-only magazine, and you're paying around $30 a year for it, that the amount of ads is uneccesary and distracting. I have noticed some really unique articles in "National Fire And Rescue" (the glossy tabloid sized one).

From a buff perspective, Fire Apparatus Journal is my favorite.

Have not seen it for a while but always liked WNYF mag it has training, fires, good info. I know they still put it out not sure of the price anymore.

Chris

WNYF is a great mag, but a widly publication I would choose Fire Engineering for service related training and tactics discussion. I love Firehouse and I am true to the magazine but it is more a "laid back" type mag to me know.

Fire Engineering has the best training and informative articles about a variety of dfferent topics. Fire Rescue has to many ads

I read and enjoy them all, but Fire Engineering was always my favorite. I also like the ones that focus just on apparatus and equipment, like Fire Apparatus Magazine.

Fire Engineering

Last Page "Random Thoughts" you cannot ask for better than this

RIP Tom Brennan

And in case some of you guys don't know all Fire related magazine subscriptions can be tax write offs........I get them all, and x635 is right Fire Apparatus Journal is the best buff magazine. One of a kind.

Fire Engineering

Last Page "Random Thoughts" you cannot ask for better than this

RIP Tom Brennan

I could not agree more. I will miss his articles. Very informative and inspiring.

As far as my vote on magazines....

Fire Engineering

Firehouse

Firechief