Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firefighter57

Upstate Flooding Task Force?

55 posts in this topic

I know Empire State Ambulance went up to the Delhi are with appox 8-10 EMTs with two rigs with the Puntam County Crew

Westchester County Police has sent 12 Police Officers to assist. PO's are assigned to twelve hour tours on a four day commitment additional deployment will be added on a need basis.

They are still requesting manpower, county called us today wanting more people for a 2 day shift.

Harrison is leaving 0600hr with engine 11 and 6 firefighters. Were going to Hancock,NY

Westchester County Police has sent 12 Police Officers to assist. PO's are assigned to twelve hour tours on a four day commitment additional deployment will be added on a need basis.

Why are they only paid for 12? will they be shuttled back home each night?? I believe FEMA/SEMO will be reimbursing departments for salaries. Just wondering

I prey for everyone there and all those who are going,be safe. You all are doing a great thing and don't let anyone tell you anything other. May you all have a safe return. God bless you all.

Pelham is sending two more men w/ R45. They are leaving at 5am. Not sure where they are heading to though.

HI ALL I AM FROM YONKERS AND I HAVE AN ELDERLY GRANMOTHER WHO LIVES IN DELANCEY BORDERS DELHI WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW ARE THE ROADS BETWEEN ROSCO AND DELHI I WOULD TAKE 206W TO RT 30 TOWARD DOWNSVILLE AND THAN 26 TOWARD RT 10 CAN YOU TELL ME HOW THEY ARE AND IF THE ROADS ARE PASSABLE PLEASE EMAIL ME DNIXON6486@AOL ASAP

I WOULD LIKE TO COME UP AND THAT SMALL BRIDGE COMING OFF 26 JUST BEFORE RT 10 IS THAT PASSABLE IS WALTON CLEAR OR ARE THE ROADS STILL BLOCKED THERE IS ANOTHER WAY BUT THAT WOULD TAKE AN EXTRA HR IN TRAVEL AND I AM NOT EVEN SURE THE ROADS ARE GOOD THERE I WOULD TAKE

NYS THRUWAY TO KINGSTON AND THAN TAKE 28 INTO MARGRETTSVILLE AND THROUGH ANDES AND TAKE RT 2 INTO DELANCEY ANY INFO ON THOSES RDS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

Why are they only paid for 12? will they be shuttled back home each night?? I believe FEMA/SEMO will be reimbursing departments for salaries.  Just wondering

Are you serious?? They work 12 hrs then they're off for tweleve hours to eat clean up sleep, what ever it may be.

Once Aging i am going back up with the firehouse to help out. I hope it is better now then it was on thursday!!!

There are 2 guys from Verplanck w/ gear/equmient , 2 from Montrose w/ gear and equmient the new chief car and support unit U-63, 2 from buchanan that I know so far

Why are they only paid for 12? will they be shuttled back home each night?? I believe FEMA/SEMO will be reimbursing departments for salaries.  Just wondering

SEMO does not do anytype of reimbursing that is all done by FEMA. To all of you that are up here, keep track of all equipment you use and hours you run your rigs, and all food, gas, etc, recipts. YOU WILL GET MONEY BACK FROM FEMA. but onlyu if your record keeping is good. Those of you in Walton I am sure all of you are doing a great job the people there are very happy to see you all there to help. I was in Walton, Sydney, Hancock, and a small town just out side of Hancock I cant remeber the name, on Friday we were the advance SEMO team in.

I was in Binghamton this past weekend for a family related purpose. No pumping basements for me... It was pretty cool to see NYPD pass me on RT 17 West bound!

with the holiday week upon us and having a hard time sending members to lend a hand any thought about donating spare equipment,hose,gear,and so on?

The people of Walton were unbelievably friendly and courteous considering what they have just been through. Empire State was there with 9 EMT's and the reception was amazing. It was truly humbling to see how many different departments were up there helping out.

Any word on how long Westchester is going to send support up there? I guess it would have to stop raining first. Any other ambulances go up there?

]I was in walton since thurs night I borrowed a pump from my fd, and bought $300 worth of water and food since there was only what was brought in by hellicopter, walton was cut off untill thursday afternoon. There was no running water untill late friday so my neighbors were bathing in my blow up pool. I spent most of my time pumping out inlaws and neighbors. In talking to people I learned that their were sixty departments helping in walton, none from westshester or rockland that i saw, and most responded on their own with their brush trucks and other small pumpers. One department was from so far north they were on the canadian border, most were sent back on sunday, thats when about 10 NYC sanitation garbage and dump trucks arrived to be deployed around the whole county. Driving through Roscoe and Downsville they were not badley hit. Walton was devestated I can't even describe what i saw I'll try to post the pictures i took, their are also allot on the link i previously posted. Three streems pushed though their banks one had a dam up stream wich completly broke, all three streams tore through houses and garages on their way to the west branch of the delaware. It looked like a war zone with all the National guard trucks, equipment and hellicopters.

My Webpageflood pics

Edited by flounder

If you would like to see some pictures of the flood you can go to this link http://216.230.164.253/slide.php or thedailystar.com the damges in walton are going to be 20 million dollars they are saying. and every type of personell are staying at the suny delhi campus all of the sanitation workers have there equipment there as well it is pretty nice to see everyone helping out

HI ALL I AM FROM YONKERS AND I HAVE AN ELDERLY GRANMOTHER WHO LIVES IN DELANCEY BORDERS DELHI WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW ARE THE ROADS BETWEEN ROSCO AND DELHI I WOULD TAKE 206W TO RT 30 TOWARD DOWNSVILLE AND THAN 26 TOWARD RT 10 CAN YOU TELL ME HOW THEY ARE AND IF THE ROADS ARE PASSABLE PLEASE EMAIL ME DNIXON6486@AOL ASAP

I WOULD LIKE TO COME UP AND THAT SMALL BRIDGE COMING OFF 26 JUST BEFORE RT 10 IS THAT PASSABLE IS WALTON CLEAR OR ARE THE ROADS STILL BLOCKED THERE IS ANOTHER WAY BUT THAT WOULD TAKE AN EXTRA HR IN TRAVEL AND I AM NOT EVEN SURE THE ROADS ARE GOOD THERE I WOULD TAKE

NYS THRUWAY TO KINGSTON AND THAN TAKE 28 INTO MARGRETTSVILLE AND THROUGH ANDES  AND TAKE RT 2 INTO DELANCEY ANY INFO ON THOSES RDS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

You can get to Delancy through the back roads of Walton then through Hamden then take the road to Delancy.

Pelham is sending two more men w/ R45.  They are leaving at 5am.  Not sure where they are heading to though.

Did you guys send R-45 with all it's equipment and if so does your Dept. have spare Rescue equipment to put in service while they're gone?

R 45 is a "light rescue" that mainly is used for EMS calls and other minor alarms. It was re-equiped with the necessary tools needed for the mission.

Our engine became first due on EMS runs.

I went up on Monday (7/3) morning and came back on the 4th. The only thing I can tell you is that these people had surprisingly high spirits despite the major blow that they have taken on.

To the best of my knowledge, these are some of the Departments / units that went up on this last round.

Personnel from: Banksville (w/ 2581), Buchanan, Chappaqua (U31), Continental Village (MA23), Harrison (E11), Katonah (U8 & Chief's Car), Mamaroneck Town (2233), Mamaroneck Village (U9), Millwood (U44), Montrose (U63), Ossining (2334 & U?), Pelham (R45), Pleasentville (Chief's Car), Scarsdale, Somers (MA14), Verplanck, West Harrison (U35) & the new Battalion 10.

Except for Harrison, Pelham and Scarsdale, we all pretty much ended up working in Conklin, which is in Broome County.

I think that all of you that went up, especially those that did more then once, deserves a pat on the back. Those of you that didn't make it but offered deserve some appreciation too. It was great, in my opinion, to see so many people and agencies in Westchester step up (like usual) and pitch in.

Way to go Westchester!

Edited by Remember585

Ossining FD went up with 2334 and the spare Chief's Car (unofficially 2336), and another Village owned truck.

Nobody has mentioned that located less than three minutes from Conklin FD Station 2 (Command Post) is the New York State Flood Control Training Facility. It's located right on Rt. 11 near County Rt. 20 (Broome Parkway).

Kind of ironic.

SEMO does not do anytype of reimbursing that is all done by FEMA. To all of you that are up here, keep track of all equipment you use and hours you run your rigs, and all food, gas, etc, recipts. YOU WILL GET MONEY BACK FROM FEMA. but onlyu if your record keeping is good. Those of you in Walton I am sure all of you are doing a great job the people there are very happy to see you all there to help. I was in Walton, Sydney, Hancock, and a small town just out side of Hancock I cant remeber the name, on Friday we were the advance SEMO team in.

Wonder if FEMA is reimbursing volunteer emergency workers for lost wages? I believe Katrina was the first time they did this (They set a standard rate for volunteers) - hopefully it isn't the last.

I'm sure there are many stories like this one from a local (to the incident) media source.

Monty try calling the FEMA office in NYC, sorry i dont have the number handy but they should be abel to answer that for you.