Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Box361

NYPD out of NYC?

7 posts in this topic

So at about a quarter after 1pm while heading into Westchester over the TZ, I saw a NYPD Explorer heading into Rockland with it's lights on. Anyone know a reason why they would be doing so? I've seen a rare NYPD Impala in the streets of Nyack every so often, but I'll guess they were just passing through.

So at about a quarter after 1pm while heading into Westchester over the TZ, I saw a NYPD Explorer heading into Rockland with it's lights on.  Anyone know a reason why they would be doing so?  I've seen a rare NYPD Impala in the streets of Nyack every so often, but I'll guess they were just passing through.

99 percent of the time the Explorers are supervisors vehicles, they are almost never assigned to a patrol unit, so it may be a boss related issue.

Coould they have been traveling up to the NYC watershed area with the DEP PD? I have seen that a few times up that way, but never in Rockland. I used to see some NYPD cars going up the highway when I was heading to my ex's in Valley Cottage. But that was very rare to see them up there.

So at about a quarter after 1pm while heading into Westchester over the TZ, I saw a NYPD Explorer heading into Rockland with it's lights on.  Anyone know a reason why they would be doing so?  I've seen a rare NYPD Impala in the streets of Nyack every so often, but I'll guess they were just passing through.

actually, yesterday around 145ish 2:00 around there, i was at the crash gate with my fire company, in Vails Gate which is by newburgh and i seen that NYPD explorer lights and sirens flying northbound i-87...

Edited by billy98988

Death or injury notification perhaps. I hope not but a possibility.

I am going to go with most of the answers posted here. It was probably some sort of business that they had outside of the city. In my experience, if God forbid it was a LODD or serious injury, they have been known to fly a helicopter up to the family.

Another possibility is that an off-duty MOS got involved in something that required a notification to Operations. It may have been the Duty Captain responding to investigate.

Edited by grumpyff