Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Spring Valley New Tower in soon

15 posts in this topic

Rockland H&L is expecting Delivery soon of there New American Lafrance Tower. Eagle Cab and Chassis, Very Similar to Tarrytown's Tower Ladder 78. And Yes it will be in there signature Springfield Maroon. I heard 8 weeks. Hear it might be designated "17 Truck", Since "17 Tower" is Hill Hooks Metz.

Thanks for the heads up......hope to see some photos.

Rockland H&L is expecting Delivery soon of there New American Lafrance Tower. Eagle Cab and Chassis, Very Similar to Tarrytown's Tower Ladder 78. And Yes it will be in there signature Springfield Maroon. I heard 8 weeks. Hear it might be designated "17 Truck", Since "17 Tower" is Hill Hooks Metz.

Saw 17 Tower at Ossining's parade - neat looking truck - very European.

Also saw their Rescue. Had the pleasure of working with that at an AVET class in Rockland - very nice piece of kit.

Was Tarrytown Ladder 78 numerical designation changed????

Changed as far as not being Tower ladder 78?

Changed as far as not being Tower ladder 78?

S.V. might call it 17-Truck, but that wont be it's designation on the radio. West Haverstraw has 23-Engine [Code 3 Model] but you wont hear that broadcasted over the air. I think 44 Control requires a specific designation. Ladders have to be Tower, Quint, 75 or 99.

My Department's new Seagrave Engine is set to be delivered just before the end of the year. Nice Christmas Present ! It will replace 2-1500, a 1976 Maxim that was refurbished by Pierce in 1995.

I think he's confusing Spring Valley with Tarrytown's tower in the discussion.

Or there might be confusion re: Ladder 37 - Conqueror H&L's E-One and Washington Engine's TL 78 - ALF. T'Town now has two truck co's., TL78 used to be E78 with a 1980? Hahn.

S.V. might call it 17-Truck, but that wont be it's designation on the radio. West Haverstraw has 23-Engine [Code 3 Model] but you wont hear that broadcasted over the air. I think 44 Control requires a specific designation. Ladders have to be Tower, Quint, 75 or 99.

Yeah I would also be surprised if they officially designated it "17-Truck", although stranger things have happened. I mean, we are talking about the company that, over the course of less than 10 years, has renamed the same truck "17-EM", "17-EMR", "17-Squad" and now "17-EQ"...so I guess I was fibbing...nothing really would surprise me. :lol: But my gut feeling is that they'll wind up keeping the "17-Quint" designation.

And Yes it will be in there signature Springfield Maroon.

FYI, that maroon color was a new thing as of the 2002 ALF rescue. I suspect in light of the Columbians having blue and the Hooks having traditional red, the Rocklands wanted to go their own route. I like it, I think it suits them and it's different. Not the usual alternative colors we usually see like green or white.

My Department's new Seagrave Engine is set to be delivered just before the end of the year. Nice Christmas Present ! It will replace 2-1500, a 1976 Maxim that was refurbished by Pierce in 1995.

Cool. It seems like Seagrave is finally starting to get a following in the county, what with Vol Hose and Excelsior recently going with them, and now you guys. I was always surprised there weren't more of them around here.

Edited by res6cue

Anyone have pics of there old ALF stick :o

Chris thanx for the pic!! Wow i havent seen that truck in soo dam long. Its funny the last time i seen it was at your (6-tower) wetdown.. Beautiful rig!! Very rare sight a long pro ALF stick.. i heard a rumor that the truck has been out of service for along time.. Do you know why??

NICE PIC!! :D

Funny you mention the wetdown for the Tower...I actually missed half of it because I drove the 1750 down to Valley Cottage for their wetdown that night. Actually it was a pretty fun night, we took the 1750 and Tanker, along with two trucks from Suffern down there, then when we got back we wet down our own truck.

As far as 17-Quint, yeah it has been OOS for quite a while. I'm not sure exactly when or why they retired it. I will say this though, if I had a nickel for every time we were on AMA for a ladder with the Valley and I drove or rode the 65 (and now the 75) to a call in their area, I'd be able to fill a decent sized piggy bank. It seemed like every other month either of their ALFs were OOS. That got better once they got the Metz, of course.

Thats one good looking rig.

Or there might be confusion re: Ladder 37 - Conqueror H&L's E-One and Washington Engine's TL 78 - ALF. T'Town now has two truck co's., TL78 used to be E78 with a 1980? Hahn.

Yes - Washington Engine is still operating under our original charter, hence Washington Engine and not Washington Tower Ladder. When Engine 78 (1980 Hahn) was retired, Tower Ladder 78 (60-control designation for our 2005 ALF) was placed in service.