Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McSorleys911

LODD- FF Michael C. Rielly, E-75 FDNY 8-27-06

59 posts in this topic

Rest in peace, Brother. Your dedication to your country and communities will be sorely missed. This is a truly sad time for so many families. The Reilly family, The FDNY, the Ramsey FD and Rescue, as well as his brothers from Stratford FD.

May the Lord Comfort his family and friends in this tragic time.

RIP Brother Yor The True Hero!!

When I am called to duty, God,

wherever flames may rage, give me

strength to save some life, whatever

be its age.

Help me embrace a little child before it

is too late, or save an older person from

the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and hear the

weakest shout, and quickly and efficiently

to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling and to give the

best in me, to guard my every neighbor

and protect his property.

And if according to my fate, I am to lose

my life, please bless with Your protecting

hand my children and my wife.

Amen

i have a fellow firefighter in my dept who is also in the fdny on 33 truck which is the sister company to engine 75 so this hits close to home for me.

I had the pleasure to work with FF Reilly in Stratford He will be in my prayers God bless you Brother

May he Rest In Peace. May God bless his family and friends.

May God bless both brothers lost, and may he look over and guide the other members of the FDNY and thier families during this tragic time.

My thoughts are also with those from the FDNY who worked thier hardest to save thier colleagues yesterday, you men are top notch.

Let's not forget, too, the members of FDNY EMS and NYPD ESU that put forth thier best efforts as well.

My prayers are with all of you.

Thoughts and prayers with the family and friends of Lt. Howard Carpluk, the second firefighter to lose his life from fighting the 3rd alarm in the Bronx yesterday. RIP Brother.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that knew him and his family. He will be missed.

I would like to extend my Sympathy to the Rielly Family. He will always be remembered.

Rest in Peace Brother

May he rest in peace and may the Good Lord look over his family.

Funeral arrangements for FDNY Firefighter Mike Reilly of E.75 who died in the Line Of Duty while operating at Bronx box 33-2797 on 8/27 are as follows: Wake will be Wednesday & Thursday 1400-1700 & 1900-2200 @ the Van Emburgh Sneider Funeral Home, 109 Darlington Ave, Ramsey NJ [201-327-0030]. The funeral will be Friday @ 1030 @ St Pauls Roman Catholic Church, 199 Wyckoff Ave, Ramsey NJ [201-327-0976]. The cemetery is the Mary Rest Cemetery in Mahwah NJ. May he Rest In Peace.

user posted image

Edited by Photofires

RIP Lt. Carpluk. My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and brothers.

FDNY 5-5-5-5

REST IN PEACE BROTHER!

"They are not heros because they died, they are heros

because of what they did everyday"

God Bless.....

FDNY 5-5-5-5

REST IN PEACE BROTHER!

"They are not heros because they died, they are heros

because of what they did everyday"

God Bless.....

Amen to that. You are given a birthdate and a date of death, those are finite. It's what you do during the dash in between that makes you what you are.

My condolences and those of the Pelham FD to the family of FDNY FF and U.S. Marine Michael Reilly. May all of us learn from his valor and dedication and, may he rest in peace.

Henry Gregorio

A true hero..........may he rest in peace.

Good-bye my brother......watch over us all.

since we are all on the same page here for the terrible loss with these 2 men , i just hope that all of you do your best to attend the 2 services this weekend , we can all post our thoughts on here , lets be there in person for the familys. rest in peace brothers

August 31, 2006

A Firefighter Is Remembered for His Patriotism and Humor

By TINA KELLEY

THE NEW YORK TIMES

RAMSEY, N.J., Aug. 30 — Michael C. Reilly, a New York City firefighter who grew up in this Bergen County town, survived a year of fighting fires in Iraq with the Marines. But he did not survive a fire three days ago at a 99-cent store in the Bronx.

Friends, family members and colleagues gathered on Wednesday to bid farewell to Firefighter Reilly, remembered for his sense of humor, his practicality and his patriotism.

“He had a huge smile to match his bright, devilish eyes,†said Rosemary Kidd, his fifth-grade teacher. “He was the first one to crack a joke. He had a real wonderful sense of humor in everything he did, but when it came time to get serious, after the fun and games were over, he was right back on target. You’d take 20 more of him in the classroom.â€

Hundreds of firefighters — from New York City, Long Island, northern New Jersey and Stratford, Conn., where he worked for three years — approached his open coffin in the Van Emburgh-Sneider Funeral Home, some saluting precisely. Some of them joined the receiving line, where his parents, Michael F. and Monica Reilly; his brother, Kevin; and his sister, Erin, heard “sorry for your loss†countless times.

New Jersey’s senior United States senator, Frank R. Lautenberg, and Nicholas Scoppetta, the New York City fire commissioner, also paid their respects.

Firefighter Reilly, 25, who was killed on Sunday when a floor collapsed in the burning Bronx store, was a rookie in the New York department, having started in July. The fire also killed a lieutenant, Howard J. Carpluk Jr.

In his coffin at the funeral home, with a rosary placed in his folded hands, he was surrounded by at least two dozen flower arrangements, including ones representing a shamrock and a firefighter’s badge from his Bronx fire station, with the numbers in white carnations.

Around him were the cheerful particulars of a life, snapshots of a towheaded boy in a red wagon, a poster from a bullfight, green church vestments and a tawny silver trophy fish, about three feet long, with a label below explaining that he had caught it when he was 12.

A middle-school classmate, Sean Hackbarth, 25, remembered him doodling American flags on his notebooks. “He was exceptionally patriotic,†Mr. Hackbarth said. “And you didn’t dismiss it as childish.â€

When he was 16, he began volunteering with the Ramsey rescue squad, and counted working in New York City as his life’s goal.

Matt Salemme, a firefighter from Stratford, said Firefighter Reilly was fun to be around.

“He was always ready with a laugh, always making you feel good,†Firefighter Salemme said. “If you came into work and saw Mike’s name on the roster board, you knew it was going to be a good day. He always lit up the room.â€

While in the New York City Fire Academy, Firefighter Reilly was a squad leader, and 15 other trainees under him knew they would meet their superiors’ standards if they could just meet his first, said a fellow trainee, Rick Roman, now a firefighter himself. “It was ‘A-1-1 get out, get out!’ †said Firefighter Roman, 24, recalling how Firefighter Reilly would call the squad’s name. “We always had to be dressed first.â€

Michael Saias, 28, recalled teaching Firefighter Reilly to play the tuba in the high school band. “He was willing to go the extra step for everyone in need,†he said. “I remember we were doing some pretty bad pranks and he took the rap for the whole thing.†Among them, he said, were drawing chalk outlines of bodies on neighbors’ driveways and making crank phone calls.

Chris Fitzpatrick, 24, was in Firefighter Reilly’s chemistry class at Ramsey High School.

“When you’re learning the periodic table, you just need a guy to crack a joke and lighten it up,†he said. “I just wish I had him here right now to lighten it up. That’s the irony of it.â€

From the men and women of Battalion 14 and all the members of the LAFD we offer our heartfelt sympathy and prayers for family, friends, co-workers and the FDNY. F/F Rielly your are our hero and you will be forever missed. God bless you all.

Rest in peace Brother's.The world was a better place because of you both.Condolences to the families.

R.I.P Brother we'll miss you, my prayers are with you and your family

My cousin is an Lieutenant in Stratford and new Mike. He said he was a really nice guy. They all are feeling the lost deeply.