Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
res6cue

New City (Rockland) Pierce Dash Tower

21 posts in this topic

That is a beautiful truck!

Here's their 1988 Arrow. Man, looking at these old Pierce towers, you can't help but be struck by how MASSIVE the ladders were. They're almost as tall as the truck itself!

user posted image

Edited by res6cue

I'm guessing the stokes basket and/or backboard, same as ours.

That is one sweet rig!!!

Good Luck with it.

Impressive! That is a beautiful rig.

As good an excuse as any to attend their Open House this year. biggrin.gif

9-Tower was delivered yesterday shortly after 6PM. I was visiting my grandparents in New City when they put the tones in announcing it was there, so of course I had to take a ride down to the firehouse. Here are 3 videos I took, photos will be posted soon !

Ya know, I was never a big fan of Rear Mount Towers (Besides of FDMV L-3) But that rig turned my thoughts about em the other way around and that right there is sick rig.

Although Mid-Mounts are still in the #1 spot on my list. (Rear Mounts in the second spot now) wink.gif

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

As much as I like their new truck (and Pierce rearmounts in general), I like our Pierce midmount a whole lot more.

Beautiful rig. congrats and good luck with it!

Holy sweat! I will be out to shoot that soon!

Eli, hope you don't mind me posting the pics you took last week, figured some here might not've seen them posted at firepics.net.

First, the new Tower...

user posted image

The mural on the new Tower...

user posted image

And two nice shots of the old Tower...

user posted image

user posted image

Great photos and a Beautiful Pair of Rigs! Any word on what will happen to the old 9-Tower? ANd that is a BIG Aerial Device.

Thanks!

-Joe

Thanks for putting them up, I was just getting around to it tonight, and saw they were up. Thanks again, hope you all enjoy 'em!

PS. Jimmy, the box on the ladder is supposed to house a stokes, hooks and some other tools. wink.gif

Edited by FDNY 10-75

Beautiful rig and beautiful photos! I've got to get up to Rockland more to shoot...I want that rig in my lens!

I'm also curious what's going to happen to the old 9-Tower...it seems to be in great shape.

Edited by x635

The existing 9-Tower was listed for sale on Tyler Fire Equipment's site some time ago. I could be wrong, but I think it had already been sold. Not there (on the site) anymore, so maybe it has?

Sold, to another department. As of last week, it was still running, because they weren't supposed to move the new Dash. However, dropping some names and being polite helped get it placed where we wanted it.