Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Um...Yeah

20 posts in this topic

I have seen that video a few times and I cant help but laugh each time. That is one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen someone do

I wouldnt call it a mishap I would call it stupidity

I believe a link was posted to this video in a previous thread a few months ago.

If memory serves me correctly, this was for an open house type demo. This team practiced repeatedly from rolling up, to the initial attack, until they got things down textbook.

Only hangup??

Did not practice with live fire.

Granted, one SHOULD already know risk vs. benefit, but nonetheless, I do not want to sit here and criticize.

Hopefully we can all take this and learn from it.

Fire = hot!!

Fire burns.

BE CAREFUL!!!!

But more importantly, BE SMART!!!!!!!

I think they better stick to Fire Extinguisher Demos!

I hope no one was hurt.

Apparently two of the guys died. What an absolutely mindboggling and senseless tragedy.

what were these 2 cretins thinking? not an ounce of common sense between them. any injuries (and/or deaths) they have no one to blame but themselves. this is so ridiculous you can't even make an argument for lack of training or experience. it's stupidity.

Apparently two of the guys died. What an absolutely mindboggling and senseless tragedy.

Is that true?? What a waste of life!! What the hell was going on there????

I was shown this video in probie school Listen to the kids screaming in the backround. We were shown this so young guys who feel like supermen realize your gear does not make you FIREPROOF all probies should see this video

Is that true?? What a waste of life!! What the hell was going on there????

Actually I think I misspoke. I can't find anything to substantiate that. Still, it was a tragedy even if they walked away with minor injuries, and I'm sure it also traumatized those poor kids.

My question is how could the safety officer or officer in command give the ok for anyone to go into a building with fire visibly banking down to the floor.......this is just stupid

What information do you have to support this statement?

We have seen (and discussed at length on this board) this senseless video on several previous occasions.

Your information would be the first time that we have learned that the two "heros" (shown entering) perished as a result of their "bravery" in saving the conflagration at the **FD former child safety prop house (also known to be vacant at time of fire).

Previous information reported that the PPE protected these dopes from significant injury. Perhaps something has changed?

Actually I think I misspoke. I can't find anything to substantiate that. Still, it was a tragedy even if they walked away with minor injuries, and I'm sure it also traumatized those poor kids.

He reposted later on you probabally missed it

As far as I remember the two FF's are alive. However, bringing this video back to the forefront reminds people to be safe and smart when fighting a fire, even if it's a "controlled burn". Your gear can only protect you to a certain point.