Truck4

Yonkers- Rapper Arrested 10-7-06

20 posts in this topic

From The Journal News:

Yonkers rap artist arrested on gun charge

By THE JOURNAL NEWS

FROM STAFF REPORTS

(Original publication: October 7, 2006)

YONKERS — Rap star Jadakiss was arrested early today and charged with felony weapon possession, police said.

The Yonkers-bred artist, whose real name is Jason Phillips, 31, was one of four people in a car stopped by police at 4:25 a.m. at the corner of Elm Street and Nepperhan Avenue.

A loaded gun, possibly stolen, was found in the vehicle, said Detective Sgt. Joseph Pietropaolo. All four occupants, including Benjamin Lockhart, 27, Darnell Frazier, 24, and Kristian Smith, 31, were charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, Pietropaolo said.

Frazier was behind the wheel, police said. All four were awaiting arraignment today.

Jadakiss put out the album Kiss the Game Goodbye in 2001. His platinum debut was followed by Kiss of Death in 2004.

He was arrested in North Carolina in 2004 on drug and weapon charges.

What else is new?

Oh no!! My whole image of rappers and their upscale living is ruined!!!

Who would have ever thought that a rapper would be in ANY sort of legal troubles??

Oh no!! My whole image of rappers and their upscale living is ruined!!!

Who would have ever thought that a rapper would be in ANY sort of legal troubles??

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

"Just driving thru the streets of Yonkers at 4 AM minding my own business with my peeps and my illegal gun and the cops stop me"

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO?

Rapper with ILLEGAL GUNS?

Say It Aint So!

Rapper on a White Castle run and YPD has to lock him up.

LOL!!!

biggrin.gif

Darnell Frazier is a convicted murderer who served a BS reduced sentence on a technicallity.

just like cockroaches (usually from the same neighborhoods too). for every one rapper being arrested for drugs, guns, shooting, fighting etc. you see, there's hundreds (maybe thousands) out there you don't see. need a big 'ol can of raid. but then who will fill the need for rap videos about killing cops, flashing obscene wads of cash, gold teeth, badly accessorized bentleys & escalades, bikini clad dancing white chicks, four finger rings, knitted caps in tropical weather, pit bulls & dobermans and every other ridiculous stereotype these "entertainers" like to portray and the sad part is it ain't the kids in "da hood" buying their cd's allowing them to live their obscene, over indulgent, low class lifestyles.

X615,

As our rapper friends would say "WORD UP DAWG"

Well said!!! rolleyes.gif

I can tell you are just as big of a rap music fan as I am or

maybe you are just jealous you don't have his autograph?

HAHA!

autograph? the only autograph of his i want to see is on a confession. anyone want to explain the baggy pants, sports team caps worn "askew" and spotless workwear (carhardt jackets & timberland boots). maybe i'm just a little too suburban for all this inner city, low rent, "gangsta", ghetto crap.

All that money & good fortune, and you can't put sh*t like this behind you?? What a waste of life.

check this video out...its a video of Jadakiss in the "Y.O." Earlier this year...all I can say is...ANIMALS http://JADAKISS IN YONKERS

these aren't people burdened by deep thought. they're incapable of putting it behind them because they capitalize on it & exploit it for all it's worth and there's no one to blame but the idiots that idolize & obsess on this crap & keep buying this garbage putting more & more money into the pockets of these primal, class-less, uneduated, inarticulate thugs. no one's born speaking the way they do, nor walk or use the ridiculous, over exagerated hand gestures & arm movements they do. it's the bottom of low-rent & it just looks stupid plus i fail to see the creativity in it so i don't buy into "rap artist". more like rap thug or rap goon. what happened to the good ol' days when people in the music industry would trash a hotel room or two, smash their instruments & drop a little acid. i can respect a good overdose. i've had enough of this "east coast", "west coast" crap & every rivalry turning into a shootout & another rotting corpse laying outside an "urban contempory" radio station and i don't know about you guys but my days are just a little brighter knowing lil kim is out of jail.

Edited by X615

He should do himself a favor and take a long walk off a short cliff!!!!!!!!! or buy some rope and find a high point!

Edited by DMA327

Guys guys, come on. Not all rappers are criminals. Neither are NBA players or guys in the NFL.......they'll just be playing their games while wearing orang jump suits sometime in the near future......

After watching that video I would say anyone intrested in law enforcment there will always be jobs avaliable in Yonkers

After watching that video I would say anyone intrested in law enforcment there will always be jobs avaliable in Yonkers

no thanks not in that place

DMX was stopped by police yet again over the weekend as well...3 more tickets to add to his docket.

"dmx" stopped again huh? i'm stunned. anyone calling himself "dmx" and having his "pedigree" really should be wearing one of those ankle bracelet alarms .......... forever. kind of like an "invisible fence" but for rappers. it's almost like this "segment" of the entertainment business keeps trying to one up each other by their antics ie. gun charges, shootouts, drug charges, sexual assaults, regular assaults, robberies, car chases, outrageous lyrics suggesting killing cops, raping women etc. mobsters were bad enough but this emulation & almost worship with all this "o.g.", "gangsta" crap is no better than the skinhead neo-nazi jerks.