Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Where's This DPW Truck Going?

9 posts in this topic

I spotted this unmarked DPW Truck, awaiting delivery to the customer, at Hines Bros. International/Navistar in Bridgeport, CT on 11-30-06.

As many people know, I love DPW trucks. This is one of the hottest Navistars I've ever seen.

It's red, short wheelbase, neat features like the strobes intergrated into the dump body as well as an intergrated sander and 4x4.

My guess is that this is going to New Milford DPW. They are the only DPW I know of in CT with red trucks.

Seems Hines has the contract for CT State DOT and DPW vehicles. They had a TON of State vehicles there, as well as other similar ones awaiting delivery to other CT DPWs.

Here's the photo:

[attachmentid=1624]

post-11-1164983273.jpg

Edited by x635

Bonus Shot:

Here's some brand new Internationals awaiting outfitting as CT DOT trucks.

[attachmentid=1625]

post-11-1164983506.jpg

And here is a completed one, just after being delivered to the CT DOT Purchasing Acceptance Facility in Rocky Hill.

[attachmentid=1626]

post-11-1164983639.jpg

It could be going to Easton. They have some red trucks.

Could be Derby too. But are you sure it's not going to a private contractor? Hines Bros. does do a lot of DPW style sales to contractors.

Could be Derby too.  But are you sure it's not going to a private contractor?  Hines Bros. does do a lot of DPW style sales to contractors.

It could be. But with the intergrated sander body and some other features, it seemed more like a DPW truck to me.

I like where the plow lights are mounted on this model instead of them being mounted by the plow frame. My dad is the forman of pelham DPW and Ive had the time to notice many differences in the newer Internationals. The newest addition besides a new sewer flushing trailer and Mini Dump to pelhams DPW is a 2006 International Dump truck (10 wheeler). Its a monster tongue.gif

But I must say, Mack is still my favorite tongue.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff