Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYS*DOT's New Mack Granites

7 posts in this topic

Today, I finally got a good shot of one of NYS*DOT's New Mack Granites. These are the first Mack's I've ever seen for NYS*DOT. They seem to religously use International, or at least that's whose gotten the bid for as long as I can remember. It's nice to see them using Macks.

[attachmentid=1659]

post-11-1165265280.jpg

And here's one of their older Internationals, all geared up for Winter.

[attachmentid=1660]

post-11-1165265561.jpg

Do the plow mounts stay on year round? I seem to remember seeing one over the summer without.

Great looking tuck. All it needs is a nice big LED bar on top, just like Fairview E174.

Seth, nice shots!

One of my buddies is a mechanic out of the DOT's Millwood garage and they just got at least one of these new Macks. He was saying that they were having alot of problems with some of the newer International's, thus giving Mack a try. He loves the new Mack all around and already wants to claim it as his lol!

Where i work, we have a 2004 International garbage truck and in my opinion, they can have it back! We've had a ton of problems with it, its been nothing but a headache! I'd take our 88' Mack over it any day! We have an 88' Mack garbage truck and two 6-wheel Mack dumps (an 86' and an 88'). Aside from some rust, you just can't beat em'!

Englewood Cliffs NJ DPW has 2 Macks 1 2004 Mack Granite roll off carrier complete with plow and slide on salter and we also have a 198? With Leach rear load compactor They bought 2 smaller International Dump trucks last year

Bill McGuffey from KME and a representitive from Ruscon told us about all the problems International was having with the new 4400's and 4700 series. no wonder mack is making a comeback.

International in general has been having a lot of issues with all of their products, from the Ford F-350s with Powerstrokes, to school buses, to huge dumps. A lot of it has to do with new electronics related to EPA's emissions standards... but other manufacturers haven't been having nearly as many issues.

I'm glad to see DOT trying out Macks. Macks are a great truck, and I'm sure they will work out nice for them!