Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Local PD Agencies Who Use New Impalas

15 posts in this topic

What local PD agencies use the 2006 or later model Chevrolet Impalas?

Off the top of my head, I know Tarrytown, Port Chester, and Bedford have all taken delivery of '07 Impalas.

I wonder what the major differences that lead these agencies to prefer the Impala?

[attachmentid=1767]

post-11-1166403619.jpg

NYPD operates 2007 Impalas.... (Scratches head...) I think I saw New Rochelle with one... Hmmmm... Maybe my memory is failing me.

Ah Well.

-Joe DA BUFF, watching a Holiday Classic, HOME ALONe.

I wonder what the major differences that lead these agencies to prefer the Impala?

Could be the front-wheel drive or better fuel economy.

-Joe DA BUFF, watching a Holiday Classic, HOME ALONe.

Saw that last night Those movies are GREAT!!!!!!!! I watch them every chance I get!!!!!

Yonkers uses Impala's for there unmarked fleet, detectives, captains, etc. No more marked Impala's

Some of the reasons:

PRICE (slightly cheaper than Police Interceptor)

Better gas milage than Fords

Does not have the gas tank problem with rear end accidents like Ford.

Some depts also feel it handles better, it does not have the boat like feel of the Crown Vic.

NYPD running Impalas, Crown Vics, and Chargers to not put all eggs in one basket.

I saw a Brand New Nassau County Undercover Impala

Edited by FireRescue77

Redding, CT PD had a demo Impala. I never drove it, but sat in it, and being 6'6'' it was a much tighter fit than a Crown Vic. Talking with the Sgt. in charge of cruisers, he said the Impala had less power and didnt feel as it handled as well as the Crown Vic. One reason we looked at them was for the front wheel drive. Redding has many small, hilly roads that make for some interesting winter driving. Our fleet now contains Crown Vics and a bunch of XLT V-8 Ford Explorers.

I was over at the Bedford police HQ a couple of days ago and they gave me quite a walkthrough of their new vehicles. I was able to hop in the back of the new implala and being 6'3 it was a tight fit to say the least. They also have a 2006 U/C Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo(for the boss)....very nice!!

The major problem is NO BALLS!!!!

No Balls on the Impala??, it can't be the '07 model with the V8 you are referring to, i just bought the new 'Active Fuel Management" V8 that reduces to a 4 cylinder when your cruising etc... there are very few places i can use the V8 to it's potential, this thing is like a rocket....

The back of any police car is tight. I'm 6'2" and have been in the back of a Crown Vic and that was tight to say the least. I ended putting my legs across the backseat to be comfortable.

Edited by gpdexplorer

The back of any police car is tight. I'm 6'2" and have been in the back of a Crown Vic and that was tight to say the least. I ended putting my legs across the backseat to be comfortable.

Were you in cuffs?

Scarsdale PD has at least 2 new Impalas in service.

RDUNC...i couldnt agree more. I dont know about any other years but the 2007's are fast, really fast, i saw the Bedford PD 07 impala flying passed me at about 115 on the Saw Mill...no joke!!!, these babies got plenty of balls