Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firefighter57

What do you have on your gear

50 posts in this topic

Going with what ALS said... If you have ESS Extrication goggles...DO NOT wear them into a fire...big mistake!

Happened to someone i knew, ruined his helmet!

A little off topic, but I once saw a guy with a sticker on his helmet that said "department a-hole." Who in their right mind would wear it unless it was a punishment by higher-ups?!

My helmet has an Interior sticker, 2 american flags and a "585" on it.

585..lol.............. I still can't stop laughing.....

Like we haven't talked about that at length over and over and over again....hehe. I certainly know quite a few that should wear it. Heck, I'm sure there are a few that know me or on here that think I should wear it. lol.

ALS: Nah...you just need a sticker that says "Bad a** Motha Fucker".....akin to Pulp Fiction..... 8)

LOL. Thanks for the compliment WAS

HFD u got alof of stuff man and ur tellin me you have used it all at one point thats crazy and you say you have an empty pocket 2 damn

Back on a serious note. Don't forget the more crap you carry, the more restrictive it can become when you need to get somewhere or out of something in a hurry.

Hey if u need to u can always take the stuff outta ur pockets and replace your tools at a later date

they also sell as im sure all of you know, alot of tools in one. I saw a knife in galls that had a spanner and a hammer along with all the other knifes and such

In this months Fire-Rescue Magazine, they have a whole article based on what crazy things firefighters have in there gear. Check it out if you can.

ive used it all several times

cairns 10-10 with a knife, 2 nails, 2 hinge chocks and 1 disposable garrity light

jacket with gloves/glove holder, kevlar hood, survivor light, portable, personal 2year disposable CO meter

pants with a door chock in each pocket, small l.e.d flashlight, 50 ft RIT bailout and RIT harness w/ one climbing/rescue beaner and one ladder beaner, one xtra pair of gloves in bottom of pants pockets, and a seatbelt cutter/glass punch combo, roll of electrical tape, folding spanner/gas/hydrant combo, channel locks, and my nextel

i dont have much on my gear. since my crew is only really allowed at ems scenes i have a couple pair of sterile gloves. im gettin a glove-strap soon. i jus have a couple stickers on my helmet because i jus got issued this one as the one ill have for a while, so im buyin the band for it, the flash light, and an attachment for the maglight i have now.

BEST EQUIPMENT GOES TOO:

I carry 1 chili dog with hot mustard in one pocket, another one with both ketchup and mustard, some extra napkins so my battalion chief can't see that i'm eating while on a job, lol

cpr mask, gloves, mechanic(extrication/rope gloves) , f gloves and glasses that i stole from my hs shop class , thats it

how often do i use all this stuff, pretty much never

the mechanic gloves and the glasses, almost every drill thats about it

Many people should start and continue to practice using the fire gloves at drills. No the extrication gloves, the more you use them the better.

I carry a 24ft peice of webbing, 50 peices of rope, and assortment of tools, Knife, and a small peice of webbing, and a pair of safey glass for extraction.

Well im a jr. and I have.....

1. Gloves

2. Extrication gloves

3. Hoodie

4. Folding spanner

5. Streamlight (my dads old one)

in my coat: leatherman, window punch, ems scissors, extrication gloves, survivor light, seatbelt cutter

in pants: hood, ems gloves, cpr mask

Cairns 1010 helmet- hinge chock, 10d nails

Coat- survivor light, id tags, knife, leatherman, pliers, 20ft. webbing, window punch, gloves.

Pants-Gemtor harness

Bail out rope under the seat of my truck, one day I'll put it in my pants pocket.