Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Photos From x635's January 2007 Los Angeles Trip

19 posts in this topic

100 photos from my January 2007 Los Angeles trip this past week can be found here:

http://www.x635photos.com/LosAngelesJan07/x635LAJan07.html

When I have some more time, I'll elaborate some more on the photos. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have so much I want to tell about them....

[attachmentid=1937]

[attachmentid=1938]

View more photos here:

http://www.x635photos.com/LosAngelesJan07/x635LAJan07.html

post-2-1170617074.jpg

post-2-1170617097.jpg

Great shots!

Who's the papparazzi swarming in that one pic?

Do the LA Ambulances with the FRC floodlights in the body sides have a generator or are they 12V?

Did you have any In N Out?

Great shots!

Who's the papparazzi swarming in that one pic?

Do the LA Ambulances with the FRC floodlights in the body sides have a generator or are they 12V?

Did you have any In N Out?

I was walking down the sidewalk on Sunset Boulevard, when the paparazzi appeared out of nowhere- like a mob. I just found out from my fiance, who saw the photo that it was Tori Spelling. She is pregnant apparently. Afterwards, it was fun to see them comparing and bragging about the shots the got. They are so viscous, and I can't believe there were so many of them- esepcially for Tori Spelling.

The LA City ambulances have an inverter, which power the floodlight.

The only meals I ate, besides once at Paquito Ma's, was In N Out. It was great, and I miss it already. I am so addicted.

Edited by x635

I really like that last shot... Nice job

Nice to see a few places I recognize from my many travels out there. I guess it's safe to presume that old County Squad is being turned into a Deluge unit. Another safe guess is that Squad with the box on the back is one of those "Heavy" or USAR Squads. I also recognized County Engine 88(Seagrave Telesqurt) in the shops. Who does that unmarked ALF pumper belong to??

PS, I'll be out there next month.

Who does that unmarked ALF pumper belong to??

If it ain't Phoenix, AZ, then somebody copied their specs to a "T". biggrin.gif

Another beautiful batch of photos from Seth... Keep 'em comin'!!

I haven't seen any trucks marked "LA County Beaches & Harbors" since Baywatch! The cab foward GMC public works truck, is that from street/traffic light maintenance?

Great shots as always.

Speaking of Baywaytch, is it still on? Haven't seen it in forever.

Seth - you really picked a great time to be in sunny warm southern Calif.

The unmarked ALF is for Phonenix, to the best of my knowledge.

The GMC cab foward is from the Street Maintenance division. They have some awesome vehicles, but most are on the road during weekdays. I've arranged next time I'm there on a weekend to shoot some more of their stuff. Their Peterbilt dumps are awesome. But there aren't too many dump trucks like out here....since there isn't too much snow.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll see if I have a few more that I omitted posting.

x2321- I do miss the weather already!

How could I forget one of my favorite photos?

An In-N-Out Double Double!

[attachmentid=1899]

post-11-1169854864.jpg

And here's the kitchen of In-N-Out

[attachmentid=1900]

post-11-1169855910.jpg

Here's another bonus photo.

My jetBlue plane, "Mystic Blue" after arriving at Burbank Airport. I LOVE how you can de-plane at either end, and walk right out into the California sunshine and fresh air!

[attachmentid=1907]

post-11-1169940350.jpg

Seth, saw something you would like. LA County has a Tiller at KME waiting to be delivered. Looks nice.

Great photos x635. They have interesting trucks out there. I saw that heavy wrecker on the news in use several times this week.

Suprised to see those classic school buses still on the road. Does California have age restrictions on school buses like NY? And is that the same Crown that made the fire engines?

It should be the same Crown...looks the same too. California is very different with their school bus laws, especially when it comes to the warning lights on front and back. They have single red lights vs. the yellow and red flashers on our buses.

http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/pl8s/images/firebus.jpg

Edited by BedfordFire

Seth,

Take it from a SoCal guy, In-n-Out is addicting. If you haven't already, try the fries "animal style", like the double-double. sauce, grilled onions and cheese on the fries. If the burger had not starting clogging the arteries, the fries will!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Crown had 2 divisions at the factory in Fontana, the Firecoach division and the bus. When Crown was sold and closed in 1983, a company bought the rights to parts and service contracts. As far as I know, they're still doing servicing.

Seth, let me know next time and I'll make sure to get wherever you are, buddy.

Duane

Edited by RescueKujo