Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM36

FDNY TEST

16 posts in this topic

does any one know when the list for the FDNY test that was cive last year coming out

The new FDNY list will be out in feb

The new FDNY list will be out in feb

THE NEW LIST WILL BE OUT IN NOVEMBER NOT FEBRUARY

the new list has been established. Actually the list has already been started. I am in the process for my medical and pyschological. I have spoken to my investigator and it turns out that there are more then they expected from the previous list that they still must use so it will take some time. I was told they are going through the first 500 on list #2043. Then about jan they will start with the next batch. i am in low 800's and i was told that approx jan I should be called to the academy. Sometimes I guess the wait is worth it, I mean it's already been 4 yrs what is another few months. Good Luck to anyone else out there on that list. Be patient.

They have already begun taking people from the new test. It's something like 30 people have been hired off it.

Just note that there are about 3 or 4 active lists currently.

The Old and New FDNY list.

There is also some Promo Lists active.

The new list I believe has been established and is running concurrent for the next class with the old (current) list. I know a few people that have been called (up to 700 I think) for their processing.

Nate DeMarse

Bronx

I know I am complletely clueless but how does the whole hiring process work with NY, meaning how does one go about getting a job?

The new list #2043 was established in time for the September class, which is just over halfway done. They are roughly up to list number 140 (ish). The next academy is December 6th, there will be a March 05 and a June 05 academy.

has anybody herd if fdny is putting on a hiring freeze due to it's absent rate exceeding 7.5% and scoppetta kicking the fifth guy off all engines. is the dec 6th academy going through

does anybody know when is the next fdny test going to be given?

I think the next test is going to be in 2006. I don't know if I just heard that as a rumor, or if it was fact. You guys should buy "The Chief Examiner" it will keep you updated on all this civil service crap.

where can i get that cheif examiner

usually at any good news paper store, if you can't find iit there try boarders book store, I think that it comes out every wednesday if I'M correct.

"The Chief Leader" comes out every Tuesday. I know the 7-11 in Tarrytown used to sell it, so it should be available elsewhere in Westchester (it's 75 cents). You can also get a subscription. I will pick it up this Tuesday and post the info (phone #, adress, etc)

The next test should be around October 06