Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billfitz

YFD 3 New ALF Pumpers

36 posts in this topic

Any updates on the New ALF Eagle HD Tandem Rescue Rig and the 3 Smeal Ladders?

........but Chief, will they have Roto-Rays????

BRING BACK THE OLD BUBBLEGUM MACHINES!!!!! LOL

I still haven't heard anything on the Smeal's yet, I think more towards the spring they should be in North Haven.

Latest word I have is that two are ready for final inspection and one is still on assembly line

Chief, how is the new R1 coming along?

I still haven't heard anything on the Smeal's yet, I think more towards the spring they should be in North Haven.

I saw the aerial ladders there 2 weeks ago.

I absolutely cant wait to see all of these new rigs put in service in the city...i know its a long process, but i wish i didnt have to wait so long to see them, haha!

Yonkers fire is really going to have themselves a kicka@$ fleet

The last word that I read on EMTBravo pertaining to the New ALF Heavy Duty Tandem Axel Rescue Rig was either a Late February - Early March Delivery, but that was late last year. Although I don't believe that it has been confirmed, I hope that the rumors about having a Roto Ray and Dual Mars 888 Warning Lights installed on the New YFD Rescue 1 actually become reality. It would make this New Rig look OUTSTANDING !!!!

Mack,

This is the closest to Yonkers Fire a Roto-Ray will ever get...................

I saw the aerial ladders there 2 weeks ago.

Dang, I'm soo out of touch working mids now. How do they look?

Dang, I'm soo out of touch working mids now. How do they look?

I didn't get a good look at them, saw them from a distance.

3 pumpers are now at Campbell - radio, decals & pump test, 3 rear mounts will have final inspection mid March,

72 & 73 were delivered in 2002.  New ones will be similiar.............

You say "similar". Are there some changes that evolved form the past 4 years experiance? If so, what? It'd be interesting to know what issues were encounted with a rig and what was done to change it for real world application.

Also, any updates to share on the New Rescue 1 Tandem Axel ALF Eagle Rig?

Obviously, safety comes first and foremost. NFPA has very detailed guildelines as it relates to both the right and proper lighting systems on Fire Fighting Apparatus as well as Warning Sirens. Blowing and Exhasting Air Horns, Having Multiple Mechanical and Electronic Sirens, and a multitude of Lighting Systems, LED, Strobe, Mars 888, Roto Rays, etc. is not necessarily the answer.

The "BEST" Lighting and Warning Systems on a rig, is what is best for that Municipality. In some Fire Districts, Federal Q's with Mars 888's might be the best for them. For others, it may not be the case.

I am sure that Roto Rays work well and are a terrific Emergency Lighting Device for some Fire Departments who use them. If not, I am sure that the Roto Ray Company would no longer be in business. Same for Federal and Mars. I happen to like the Roto Ray System. But that is simply my preference and I cannot speak for departments that use them and like them nor can I speak for departments that don't like them. Again, it is what is best for their own department and its rigs. Yes, I would like to see the New YFD Rescue One Rig have a Roto Ray on it. But it might not work for Yonkers. The Hills along with the Bumps in the Roads in Yonkers, might not bear well for a Roto Ray, which could be damaged from such rattling and jaring from the rugged turain in Yonkers. I just don't know and I am not qualified to answer that. Only those within YFD who are responsible for specing out their rigs know best.

The secret is designing a Apparatus Package that is best for the Department using it, across all boards. Compartments, Lighting, Warning Signals and Sirens, Equipment, Seating, Functionality, etc.

Its "That Simple"

The city of Yonkers has a plan on how and what will be on all of the trucks they buy and use. These guy's know what they are doing so why say what you would like on a fire truck that you have nothing to do with. This area was to ask the status of the rig's not how they should be. If you would like to add stuff to trucks and put more lights on it then become some type of an offical of a department and or a town/city then you can put what ever you want on your trucks. Let the department do what it has to do they have done a great job so far without anyone's help.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

I think YFD910 must be a SUPER GENIUS!!! How else could he figure out how to make a moving Roto-Ray next to his name!! True story...

I'd like to clarify my last statement so that it doesn't get confused with lighting.

I'm curious about operational changes such as compartment layout and configuration. Same with the cab and the equiptment carried. Have the past few year's experiance led to any chnges in protocal and efficiancy or the rigs layout?

are the holes in the front of the grills for the new roto-rays???

are the holes in the front of the grills for the new roto-rays???

No thats the ALF Eagle emblems, not holes.

Covering Engines 307,310,312

[attachmentid=2111]

post-2-1173566501.jpg

E-310 due to arrive today

the other two early next week

Acceptance test next Thursday

All units anticipated to be in service by 4/2

Great News about the impending 4/2 In Service Date for the New 307, 310, and 312 ALF Eagles. Question, have decisions been made yet for the renumbering of the 4 Old Smeals (304, 307, 310, & 312) and the Old 314 Sutphen as either Spares or Reserve Units (ie: 301, 302, 305, 316, 317?) and what will be the designation of the Old Mack CF 306 (now 317) once it has completed it refurbing?