Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

2 New Engines and 1 New Tower Ladder for Mount Vernon

17 posts in this topic

Heard that Mount Vernon has a bid out for 2 New Engines and 1 New Tower Ladder. Does anyone have any information on that and what they are getting

I believe that they are getting 2 Ferrara engines and a Seagrave 95' tower.

Thanks for the info, now you have me even more curious, lol!

Do you know if they went with the Inferno chasis, or the new heavy duty "Ultra" chasis?

And I wonder if the Seagrave is going to be a RM tower, or an Aerialscope? Also wonder the chasis.

I believe that they went with the infreno not the ultra, The tower is a 95' Aerialscope. (in the ballpark of $750,000 to $800.000). If iI get more info will pass it on.

The latest I hear is that the two pumpers will not be in Baltimore and they are going to be the ultra cab, but the Seagrave ladder will be in Baltimore Show next month.

FDMV currently runs the one tower ladder and the two ladders, right?

FDMV currently runs one Tower Ladder- TL3 (using their number system) out of the 3rd St station and one straight stick ladder- L2 out of headquarters on Lincoln Ave.

They also have another Tower ladder as a spare, an old Mack CF, that is Truck 1.

How many engines does Mount Vernon have?

Used to be a time FDMV had 6 engines, 3 ladders plus a foam unit, a spare ladder and a spare engine. Those were the days it was a combo dept.

The Tower Ladder is a Seagrave 95' Aerialscope as previously stated. The final inspection trip is scheduled for June 20-23rd. If the rig is accepted it will most likely be at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore July 26th through 30th. As far as the Ferrara Engines they will not make it to the Baltimore Show as also stated. They are on Ultra cabs that will not be completed until early August. We are working on having them in FDIC East in Atlantic City October 3rd to 6th. We also anticipate Pleasantville FD's 2 new Ferrara's to make FDIC East as well. That's the latest news as it stands now. I'll post more as I get it.

Are there any good sites out there too see the apparatus of the FDMV???

Sq288_HM1,

I havent seen any sights containing all of their rigs, your best bet is www.nycfire.net and click on the action photos. also try the link to On The Job N.Y available from that sight.

Try this link he has a lot of pic's from the Westchester New Jersey area and more. I think he has F.D.M.V. pic's so give a look.

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/

FDMV is going out to Seagrave plant this week to check out the progress of the new tower. Don't know if it is the last visit or not, will keep you all posted

The Tower Ladder is a Seagrave 95' Aerialscope as previously stated. The final inspection trip is scheduled for June 20-23rd. If the rig is accepted it will most likely be at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore July 26th through 30th.

Just got the update on the Tower Ladder. The rig is completed and only a handful of minor issue to correct. Unfortunatley, it looks like the rig WILL NOT be at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore next month. In all probability, the rig will probably be on it's way to Mt. Vernon in 2-3 weeks. It looks real sharp and I should have pictures to post by late Thuraday or early Friday. That's the update.