Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest irishfire

Katonah Mt Holly Rd Fire

9 posts in this topic

the picture are cool thank god that no one was hurt. that is a really big fire how long did it take to get under control and how bad damage is the the place

AWESOME PICS, GREAT JOB CUTTY AND 57 TRUCK! =D> =D> =D>

A++++++++!

fire was toned out at about 06:32 and we bedded 57 down at the scene at about 10am. Shortly there after were returned. All visible flame was gone and all that was left was alot of over hauling. I'm not exactly sure about the extent of the damage but as you can see from the photos there was a lot of smoke fire and water so it;s probablly through out the entire house.

GREAT PICS. YOU CAN REALLY APPERCIATE THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING AN ELEVATED MASTER STREAM ON FIRES LIKE THIS.

GREAT POSITION FOR THE TRUCK, ALSO SMART FOR KATONAH'S CHIEF TO LEAVE ROOM FOR IT.

GOOD NOTE FOR F.D.s THAT DON'T HAVE LADDER TRUCKS. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GONNA NEED IT. CALL IT QUICK AND LEAVE SOME ROOM FOR IT.

ONE QUICK QUESTION, IS IT NORMAL FOR YOU GUYS TO RUN THREE IN THE BUCKET DURING WATER OPS?

GOOD JOB TO ALL.

220LT188 to answer your question it depeneds on the situation. For master stream we usauly have two in the bucket, one flying the bucket and the other one operating the master stream, but as in every fire it depends on the situation. I can't speak for this fire because i'm away at school, but i can say that when you have bigger guys up there it gets very tight.

I must say, the pictures of that fire from the bucket are some of the best I've seen from a scene lately. It just goes to show you how much a difference a good vantage can make. Speaking of big guys in the bucket, whats the weight limit on 57truck? :D

..For master stream we usauly have two in the bucket, one flying the bucket and the other one operating the master stream, but as in every fire it depends on the situation.  I can't speak for this fire because i'm away at school, but i can say that when you have bigger guys up there it gets very tight.

Typical 'scope platform weight limit is 1000#s. With 3 in the bucket, flowing water, wouldn't this be coming close to the weight limit depending on the crew members?

For this reason, we operate with a crew of 2 wet and 3 dry.

Typical 'scope platform weight limit is 1000#s.  With 3 in the bucket, flowing water, wouldn't this be coming close to the weight limit depending on the crew members? 

For this reason, we operate with a crew of 2 wet and 3 dry.

57 Truck is not your typical 'scope!! :workout:

Yea I'm definately up there in the weight class but anyways I really wouldn't take more then two up. It's just to tight to move around and operate. As well as the fact that the doors to the buck open in, I'm thinking about looking into seeing if we can change them to open out. That would help big time but I still think that I would just take two

EX 635 WROTE

57 Truck is not your typical 'scope!! LOL (I thought some of the Hills guys liked the rig but it's Seth's baby)!!!!!