Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

New Rochelle 4/8

36 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about what went on in New Rochelle Tonight?

See Incident Alert for more

Hearing alot of talking on the radio something about a shooting or shootings in New Rochelle. Harrison P.D. called in all there officers total recall. Heard Harrison P.D. saying "RedAlert all units for immediate deployment to New Rochelle. Yonkers P.D. also sending units. Any takers?

Rye Brook and Port Chester?! Damn, it must have been very, very bad. What the hell were the riots about?! I have a close friend on one of the M/A PDs, ill have to give him a call tomorrow and find out what was going on.

Edited by 66Alpha1

PC and Rye sending units and EMS to standby.

I was going north on Rt 9 in Croton area and saw 5 State Trooper cars and one County PD heading south, lights and sirens in a real hurry.

At this time a County Wide Red Alert has been called in New Rochelle...reported 1500 youths in a riot. As well as dept's already listed, numerous K9 from all over, and Yonkers PD enroute to the scene.

County PD units H1 and H2 are w/ NRPD at immediate location

County PD units 1614 (zone sgt), b1, p72, s1, c1 are at North Ave and Anderson Pl

Yonkers PD units 100 (lt), 102, 202, 301(NRPD hq), 302(NRPD hq), 304, 312(sgt)(hugenot/north...vic of rr station), 401, 403, 404, 405, 503, 510(sgt), TRK2, TRK3

At this time NRPD has aired enough units at the scene.

Red Alert is emergency mutual aid response.

Edited by Oswegowind

Mount Kisco PD also assisting.

Jesus, its Easter Sunday what could you possibly riot about - or did i miss something here? Any idea if this is gang related or was sparked by some other incident?

It sounds like it's dieing down. I do hear county PD helicopter over my house in new rochelle. They got the search light on and looking for someone.

Edited by ems-buff

M/A Units starting to be released at approx 2315 hrs.

At this time a County Wide Red Alert has been called in New Rochelle...reported 1500 youths in a riot.  As well as dept's already listed, numerous K9 from all over, and Yonkers PD enroute to the scene.

County PD units H1 and H2 are w/ NRPD at immediate location

County PD units 1614 (zone sgt), b1, p72, s1, c1 are at North Ave and Anderson Pl

Yonkers PD units 100 (lt), 102, 202, 301(NRPD hq), 302(NRPD hq), 304, 312(sgt)(hugenot/north...vic of rr station), 401, 403, 404, 405, 503, 510(sgt), TRK2, TRK3

At this time NRPD has aired enough units at the scene.

Red Alert is emergency mutual aid response.

It's also the highest level of mutual aid and generates a countywide response.

It's also the highest level of mutual aid and generates a countywide response.

So if this is a countywide response, does that mean there are total recall thru out the county?

I believe certain units are dispatched...i.e. K9's, Task Force, SWAT members...

So if this is a countywide response, does that mean there are total recall thru out the county?

Every PD in the County plus the State, MTA, and DEP are supposed to respond with a pre-designated number of officers. Recall is supposed to start at each department for a red alert if they can't assign their required number within a specified amount of time. They may also need to recall to backfill the units leaving the jurisdiction.

Actually, the plan doesn't specify K9, SWAT or Task Force. It just calls for cops, lots of them!!!

You don't see threads on police mutual aid very often!!!

As per 30M1 at 2359hrs releaseing all EMS M/A with the exception of 30A1 30A2 30B3.

2301 is 10-8 at 0000hrs.

also there are put two to a car in NRPD

Edited by ems-buff

i saw yonkers esu truck and about a dozen cars, mt pleasant send a few cars, i saw pleasantville's k-9, lots of DEP cars and i saw a car marked "NY State University Police." anyone know where that car's from?? my only guess is NYU...

i saw a car marked "NY State University Police."  anyone know where that car's from??  my only guess is NYU...

I'd be more apt to say SUNY Purchase, NYU is not part of the state system as far as I know, nor would they take that trek.

I'd be more apt to say SUNY Purchase, NYU is not part of the state system as far as I know, nor would they take that trek.

It would be SUNY Purchase. Their head guy is also a part time North Salem PD.

WCDES was on top of it too, I understand that the Deputy Commissioner (Car 2), EMS/Communications Chief (Car 5), Ops Captain (614) and OEM reps were called in. Like always the DES was ready, willing and able to help.

Luckily it didn't get too out of hand!!!! A tip of the hat to all the Police Agencies involved, especially NRPD. Nice work by New Rochelle (Transcare) EMS and their Mutual Aid help also.

NYU is a private school and wouldn't have anything to do with a state or county response, SUNY Purchase is a state school, 99.9% sure its SUNY

Pelham and Pelham Manor units were advised numerous times to report to the Pelham Train Station for trains full of 'angry and disorderly youths'. One of said trains by-passed Pelham completely and went on to Mount Vernon. Also, PPD and PMPD followed several large groups into Mount Vernon with no incidents. I am unaware of any action taken after those groups left the Villages.

thanks for the update guys. i knew NYU wasn't right but, it was just a guess. i didn't know SUNY schools had cops, compared to "public saftey."

I know SUNY Albany has a pretty big force.

Something like 1000-1500 people involved. Numerous reports of shots fired. 2 guns recovered. Nobody shot. Around 200 police officers from all over the county. 7 ambulances standing by, And hear that NYPD was standing by on the boarder. Was for real. I even drove through it.

Edited by Iceemt21

Just updated my earlier I/A post to reflect more info

I saw Bedford, Yorktown, New Castle, North Castle, Elmsford, Greenburgh and I think Scarsdale.

Edited by 23piraf

By BILL HUGHES, GOODWIN T. ANIM II AND NICOLE NEROULIAS

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: April 9, 2007)

NEW ROCHELLE - Hundreds of unruly teenagers faced off with police in riot gear at the New Roc City entertainment complex last night, leading to at least one injury and four robberies, police said.

One Hackensack, N.J., teenager and three Bronx teenagers have been charged with inciting to riot, resisting arrest, misdemeanors, and disorderly conduct, a violation. The teens are due in New Rochelle City Court today.

"It started out as one large, unruly crowd and then dispersed into several smaller crowds," Capt. Kevin Kealy said. "We just had too many people here at once."

A countywide red alert was issued, with state, Westchester County and more than a dozen local police departments rushing to the scene in riot gear. Witnesses said they heard shots fired, and the New Rochelle police found two discarded handguns in the area, but no related injuries were reported.

"Nobody showed up in any emergency room (with gunshot wounds)," said New Rochelle police Sgt. David Lonergan.

One person received stitches for a minor wound, he added.

Lonergan said the city's fire department alerted police to overcrowding in the arcade section of the entertainment complex.

Police arrived shortly before 6:30 p.m. and ordered the crowd to leave the outdoor courtyard area at New Roc City at LeCount Place and Anderson Street. When the crowd refused, police armed with nightsticks pushed through the courtyard, sending hundreds of people streaming out in all directions.

Unruly mobs of teens taunted and cursed at officers, then moved out onto North Avenue, overturning trash cans and menacing shop owners. As backup police units from nearly every municipality in the county joined state, county and Metro-North agencies, the crowd converged on the train station, where at least one man was assaulted.

The unconscious man was taken away by ambulance as police wrangled as many people as they could onto a southbound train that arrived shortly before 10:30 p.m.

"This was unusual for us. We're not exactly sure what happened," Lonergan said. "There were a lot of people apparently coming in from the Bronx. I don't know what the problem was, or why they were all up here."

Several witnesses in the crowd said they had come to New Rochelle from New York City after being denied admission to the New York International Automobile Show at the Jacob Javits Center.

Police are continuing the investigation, he said.

they should have used tear gas on these ANIMALS or let the FD come and spray them down with the deck gun. which i think would have been FUN

Edited by efd184