Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gags120

Hastings new Engine

13 posts in this topic

The new Engine 45 a 2004 Seagrave was delivered this evening to Uniontown Hose Co. Pics will be up tomorrow.

Saw it yesterday at Excelsior just before delivery- Nice looking rig. Good job to the apparatus committee!

Six years in the making. I guess taking your time pays off. Sorry no pics yet I can't get them onto my computer from the camera

Best of Luck ! :D

Anymore specific info on the Vehicle Navigation System installed?

Make , Model ect..

Also , I'd like to see in the compartments ,,, the use of the custom gear compartment to save space. again BEST of luck !

Great looking rig. Stereo and nav. sys.? Lets fight fires. But it is capable when the music is turned off, I hope.

Great looking rig. Stereo and nav. sys.? Lets fight fires. But it is capable when the music is turned off, I hope.

I personally feel that Navigation systems/GPS Guidance should be standard in every emergency vehicle nowadays. It's a great auxillary tool.

especially when responding to croton from the hills with 57. I had the map out but that truck has such a bounce and the streets were so small in the hagstram....LOL #-o

Or when you are by yourself responding.....

Cutty, thats a perfect example lol! I was monitoring the radio while i was at work and heard you guys request directions in from Rt. 129...i felt bad for you guys lol! A Nav system is definately a nice tool especially when your dept does alot of mutual aid for FAST, Tanker or whatever, where you may be traveling quite a distance. Mohegans FAST team goes into Putnam County alot for fires in Put. Valley & Mahopac Falls, thats gotta be interesting! Hell, when we get called into Montrose m/a i sometimes have to think for a minute to figure out where the hell the streets are! The only reason i have the upper hand on that is because i ride with Cortlandt VAC, so i've gotten to know alot of the back-roads lol!

Although not a necessity, Navigation systems are not such a bad idea and as Seth said can be a great tool to have, so long as your dept can afford it!

Good Luck to Hastings, the rig definately looks great and seems as though it was speced out very well! Congrats!

OK. The nav. sys. sounds like a good item after hearing the reasons for it.

Anyone know the price of the engine or the ballpark?? Truck looks great, wanted a nav system in our new trucks got shot down.

I believe the final cost was around 419,000. We got the nav. system for going mutual aid. It wasn't much of an expense.