Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Catskill Fire Cats (SPAAMFAA) Muster

28 posts in this topic

The Catskill Fire-Cats (Catskill Chapter, SPAAMFAA) are pleased to announce their 31st Annual Antique Fire Apparatus Show and Muster. The event will be held rain or shine on Sunday June 10, 2007 from 9 AM to 4 PM on the grounds of the former Middletown Structural Steel warehouse. The site is located on Route 302 between Middletown and Circleville, and is approx. 1/4 mile south of Exit 119 off of Route 17. For the Mapquest types, the physical address is 2618 Route 302, Middletown, NY 10941.

This figures to be one of the largest events in the history of our club, as there will be AT LEAST 100 antique and classic fire trucks on the premises......GUARANTEED! A large percentage of that number is represented by part of a huge collection of privately-owned apparatus that is stored at the site. Among the highlights of this collection is a 1958 Seagrave "Anniversary Series" pumper which formerly served as Engine 2 in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and was recently replicated in 1/50 scale die-cast by Corgi, in conjunction with the National Motor Museum Mint's "American Fire Engine Classics" series. Said model will be one of many prizes raffled off during the event.

Fire Apparatus of all ages, makes and models is welcome. Apparatus 1982 or older is eligible for judging for numerous show awards.

In addition to the massive display of rigs, there will also be muster games, including: Bucket Brigade, Hose Rolling, Midnight Alarm, Water Ball, and a fastest water competition.

Vendor spaces are also available for a Firematic Flea Market.

For pre-registration, fees, or other info, contact Bob Reynolds at (845) 343-4746, or reply here and I will get back to you.

Food, refreshments and T-shirts will be available. 50/50s will be sold, in addition to door prizes and other raffles. Spectator admission is free, however, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

We have a number of ambitious new members who are anxious to make this event a success, and breathe some new life into our organization. We hope you will consider joining us. Bring an antique truck, bring a team, or just bring yourself. It promises to be a great day!

Edited by AndyC3J

WOW same day as the LINNFILD MASS. muster, sure makes a hard pick. with gas prices going up I may redirect the old ward to your show. sad.gif

The Lynnfield event is actually on the 9th. More than one of our members noticed that, and hoped that anyone who might be travelling up into that area might hear of ours and stop by on their way home.....LOL!

Had our latest meeting tonight. As of now, no official responses have been received, but the number of mailings is approaching 600. ohmy.gif

We are also in need of trophy sponsors. Any individual, business, or fire department who would be willing to sponsor a trophy for a small fee is welcome to do so. PM me, or call Mr. Reynolds (number in first post above) for info.

This sounds like fun. biggrin.gif

please send me the info, thanks

fitzjr11@comcast.net

Two weeks away! biggrin.gif

For any departments who may be planning to participate, it is suggested (but not required) that you pre-register. Doing so can save a little money, as teams who show up the day of the show will be charged an additional $10 fee. Trucks for show only are still free, however.

As of Thursday night's committee meeting, there are only 7 trucks and 3 teams registered. Word of mouth suggests several more are coming, but we have nothing official to go by. Members of the committee are optimistic (almost to the point of being delusional) that we're going to get slammed with walk-up business the morning of the show. I hope they're right, but it'd be nice to get an idea as to how much so.

Regardless of how many trucks show, the 100-piece guarantee still stands, based on the contents of the warehouse.

Fingers crossed for great weather and an equally great turnout.

I must apologize for posting some slightly incorrect info above. Trucks which simply show up the day of the show (without pre-registration) are subject to a $5 fee. Pre-registered rigs are free. Teams are $15 in advance, $25 day of show.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

A nice day, lots of trucks, and was nice to see Lake Carmel's old 1947 Ward LaFrance there too bad, not many teams for the muster- Mahopac had fun though, they won them all.

Yep, was a great day! Won't know how "successful" it was until the treasurer's report at the next meeting, but was far and away the biggest turnout (both participants and spectators) in the six years I've been a member of the club.

Thanks to everyone who attended. Hopefully we can do it again next year (and then some).

Andy,

Thanks for posting this here. I took the wife and kids, and they had a great time. My kids were impressed by all the different apparatus, especially older stuff they used to see on the streets, such as ex-Pleasantville E-91, ex-Thornwood E-88. I for one would have been willing to pay a small admission fee, it was worth it. Too bad more teams did not show up for the muster games (I joined in with Mahopac, and was in the second group for the bucket brigade...dumped the first bucket on myself).

Ex-Thornwood 1976 Mack CF provides the water source for the muster games..

post-917-1181573507.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

First off, I've been collecting and restoring fire apparatus for over 30 years and was in awe of what I saw on Sunday. Great bunch of guys that are the Catskill Fire Cats local chapter of SPAAMFAA. For those of you young guys who don't know what this is I will spell it out, Society for the Preservation and Apprication of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America, (SPAAMFAA). First photo's taken are of some local rigs and if you guys want more let me know.

First photo - Former Port Chester Engine 60 1958 Ward LaFrance

[attachmentid=2908]

post-11-1181590876.jpg

I'm very,very sorry that I missed this event, and some of these photo ops. Hopefully, grumpyff will share more of his photos here that he did over on Firepics...lots of local apparatus there.

TR54 photos from the event

biggrin.gif

post-23-1181613230.jpg

Photo TR54 for EMTBravo. net

post-23-1181614010.jpg

Cats Muster

Photo TR54 for EMTBRavo. net

post-23-1181614185.jpg

post-23-1181614261.jpg

post-23-1181614353.jpg

post-23-1181614406.jpg

Society for the Preservation and Apprication of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America, (SPAAMFAA). First photo's taken are of some local rigs and if you guys want more let me know.

First photo - Former Port Chester Engine 60 1958 Ward LaFrance

[attachmentid=2908]

PCFDENG58 please post some more of your photos , my inside pictures were just ok (a little dark)

post-23-1181615053.jpg

Photos TR54

post-23-1181615593.jpg

post-23-1181615646.jpg

post-23-1181615703.jpg

photo TR54

post-23-1181619962.jpg

post-23-1181620045.jpg

I e-mailed everything that I posted over at firepics.net to emtbravo.com. Here are a few that I shot that day...

post-917-1181652807.jpg

And another..

post-917-1181652897.jpg

post-917-1181652924.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

grumpyff's complete set of photos are posted on http://www.emtbravo.com

Again, I am so regretful I had to miss this AWESOME event! Hopefully one day the oppurtunity will present itself again to check out this amazing collection.

Was the Great Neck Engine there the orignal one or was it bought from someone, it lokos VERY familiar

The "Great Neck" engine is actually ex-Hastings on Hudson. The Great Neck lettering is just a decal for it's role in a recently filmed movie.

ahhh original E-44 then old E-45 man i remeber that truck