Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

American Armor - The Buffalo and Cougar

10 posts in this topic

I know many of you guys are really into trucks and the like, so i figured it's time someone posted up the Buffalo and Cougar by Force Protection (www.forceprotection.net).

Just a quick overview of the two trucks. The Buffalo is designed specifically for taking out IEDs/VBIEDs. It has a robotic arm, run flat tires, heavy duty axels, and a whole LOAD of armor!

Spec Sheet: http://forceprotection.net/models/buffalo/...uffalo_spec.pdf

The Cougar offers comparable protection from small arms and IED/VBIEDs but in a package much like the Hummer. The Cougar can be customized by Force Protection to any configuration including an Ambulance, Field Recon, Troop Transport, command and control, communications, etc. It also comes in 4x4 and 6x6 flavors.

Spec Sheet: http://forceprotection.net/models/cougar/s...gar6x6_spec.pdf

Check em out and enjoy!

First one is the Buffalo the second is the Cougar.

post-3237-1178164479.jpg

post-3237-1178164701.jpg

Edited by 66Alpha1

Those are some badass rides right there!

Almost forgot to mention the little brother of these beasts, the Cheetah! The Cheetah is smaller, lighter and faster than its brothers - its designed to cruise @ 75MPH with a 500 Mile operating range. Designed for urban environments and long range recon.

Check her out:

http://forceprotection.net/models/cheetah/...heetah_spec.pdf

HOLY S***. Those are HUGE!!!! I'm not sure if I want to know how much those things cost.

Mike

The cost is irrelevant if its going to prevent those f*ckin IEDs from killing our boys!

Edited by 66Alpha1

i dont know if its just me who thinks this but when it comes to safety price doesn't really bother me, i would rather shell out more money out of my pocket in taxes then hear on the news every day about our soldiers getting hit with I.E.D. thats just me

I've seen a video of the tests on one of those, not sure if it was the Cougar or Buffalo. If the vehicle is over the IED, it deflects the blast to the sides of the vehicle, rather than the blast going straight up into the passenger compartment.

Got an e-mail from a friend currently serving over in Iraq.

Hey everybody,

I keep forgetting to send this note. I have an interesting connection to that new Transformers movie that comes out today/tomorrow (time zone thing). I haven't seen the movie, nor much of the previews so I can't say that it's a good movie; however, one of the Transformer trucks (Bone Crusher) is a vehicle called a "Buffalo." I have a Buffalo. I use it in Iraq every day to find bombs. The thing is awesome. Too bad it doesn't transform into a crazy robot. That might be helpful sometimes.

bonecrusher_buffalo.jpg

Got an e-mail from a friend currently serving over in Iraq.

Too bad it doesn't transform into a crazy robot. That might be helpful sometimes.

Isn't that the truth??? We lose too many people over there to these things.

that would be nice if they can get them soon my brother in law is goin fo rhis 2nd tour in iraq in a month...does anybody know if the run flat tires are the kind like on cars with the steel in the sidewall or the one one like the real hummers have with the pump that inflates it when tire pressure gets low?