Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Tis the Season for Boat Calls

18 posts in this topic

Tis the Season for Boat calls and Medical Emergenices on the water.

Just wondering What Departments have Marine Units and what can they be used for Rescue, Firefighting, Divers Medical Emergicies

Do you have your boat in the water or do you tow your boat

As per Verplanck we still operate a boat even know the big one sank but we still operate a small boat that we tow to the boat launch, To Lens Cove, Peekskill River Front, Steamboat Dock, or Georges Island

The only problem is that is becomes Time Consuming Expecialy for a Real Emergency When People need our Help

Wish we could have our boats in the water for the summer. Maybe some nice hours of 10-10 would be great too. Maybe someday.

The Department that I belong to has a fireboat. We had a rescue two nights ago on the sound. here's the link to our website.

http://norotonfd.org/

Westchester County Police Marine Unit vessel Marine 4 is assigned to the Hudson River. Marine 3 operates on the LIS and Hudson River. Marine 2 is assigned to the LIS. Marine 1 is a PWC and is used for enforcement on both bodies of water.

Marine Unit vessel's 3 and 4 are equiped with BLS equipment, FLIR (M-4), and have firefighting dewatering capability.

The Marine Unit forthcoming, will have side scan sonar and a ROV (remote operated vehicle).

All vessels can be hailed on VHF CG 16 or by phone to WCPD HQ.

Irvington FD - Marine 4(Diving Capabilities)

Tarrytown FD - Marine 5 (Pumping and EMS capabilities)

Sleepy Hollow FD - Marine 7 (Pumping and EMS capabilites)

New Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department

Department Owned:

Marine 1; EMS/Rescue/Transport capabilities

Squantz Engine Company:

Marine 10; EMS/Rescue capabilites, can pump if a portable pump and suction line is placed on board

*Soon to be delivered* New Marine 10; EMS/Rescue capabilites, on board pump and deck gun

Ball Pond Fire Company:

Marine 17; EMS/Rescue capablities, can pump when a portable pump and suction line are on board

*Soon to be aquired* Old Marine 10 from Squantz Engine Company.

Croton FIRE

Marine 12 - 25' Boston Whaler with 250 gpm firefighting and rescue capabilities. It is in service and in the Hudson River at Croton Yacht Club. It now has twin 125 hp motors. Here's a photo link:

Marine 12

Marine 32 - 16' Starcraft aluminum boat used primarily in the Croton River and reservoir systems. It has a 20 hp motor and is used for rescue/recoveries. It is stored on a trailer at Station 3 and is tower by either Rescue 18, 55B1 or 2081.

Zodiac - We also have a 12' soft-bottom zodiac vessel powered by "people with oars." It is stored at Station 3 and is used as needed.

Croton POLICE

Boat 1 (I think) - Used for patrolling the Croton River and if needed for operations on the Hudson River. It usually is in service on weekends and holidays in the Summer with at least two Officers - usually at least one Diver. It is a 17' 18090 BW Pro Sports Boat with a 90 HP motor. Here's a photo of it:

user posted image

Edited by Remember585

Here are some photos I have:

Sleepy Hollow Marine 7

post-917-1180558439.jpg

Tarrytown Marine 5

All three photos were taken 05/12/07

post-917-1180558603.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Why is Irvingtons boat stored in Tarrytowns marina and nor Irvington???

to ladder 44 . irvington at this time does not an ramp of their own. they must

use tarrytown boat club . biggrin.gif

Irvington Marine 4 has been stationed in Tarrytown for a few years as we were working on plans for a lift system. Prior to being stationed in Tarrytown, Marine 4 was at floating docks at the Irvington Boat Club. The boat club in Irvington is in unprotected waters and the docks were often broken during storms. We've even had a few instances where our "unsinkable boat" had sunk. Our new lift was installed last week and the electric was completed yesterday. The lift allows the boat to be raised in and out of the water as needed. Pictures attached of Marine 4 back home on its new lift.

Irvington also took delivery of a new 11ft inflatable last month. Designated Marine 44 this vessel replaced an aging and broken 10ft zodiac inflatable. It is powered by a 15hp Johnson engine and transported on either our engines or rescue.

[attachmentid=2832]

[attachmentid=2833]

post-164-1180623756.jpg

post-164-1180623781.jpg

Edited by ATIFD

I spotted Marine 7 underway from Nyack Beach State Park last Memorial Day! Nice to see her up close and personal! Question: Does she go "on patrol" or something or does she only roll for calls? Thanks. Nice to see them boats!

-Joe DA BUFF

Yonkers FD - Fireboat 1 in service

Yonkers PD - Marine 1 in service (2 ESU officers assigned)

I have a question we just bought an inflatable boat 12ft 6inchs with a 9.9 horse power motor. We bought it after the 2 floods we had,maybe too late but never the less we have it now. My question is we have a number issued by the county Marine 35 but I thought marine units were always in the water or docked? Our boat would be trailered. We also bought dry suits and life vests along with rescue rope rated for water use. What I guess I'm asking is,is it a Marine unit really? My intention with the boat is for rescue in my response area and also if another department needed it of course we would be there. A number of my members have water rescue and we are also taking it again. Just looking for some input.

Thanks

[attachmentid=2873]

[attachmentid=2874]

post-1848-1181148374.jpg

post-1848-1181148390.jpg

Edited by HFD750

Dino-

As per the WCDES website "Valid Unit Types" your boat falls under a "Rescue Only" vessel and IS listed under "Marine 35" as a 12-foot "Zodiac" (I guess that's like calling tissues "kleenex")

MARINE VESSELS

Valid Prefix

(MAR = Marine)

#’s 1-20 will have pump capacity / Marine units 20 and above will be rescue only.

-A class “A” unit shall be a minimum of 65ft & have a pump capacity of 5000gpm, a minimum of 2 pumps, 2 generators, 4 monitors, and respond with a minimum crew of 3.

-A class “B” unit shall be a minimum of 20ft & have a pump capacity of 2500gpm, a minimum of 1 pump, 1 generator, 2 monitors, and respond with a minimum crew of 2.

-A class “C” unit shall be a minimum of 20ft & have a pump capacity of 500gpm, a minimum of 1 pump, 1 monitor, and respond with a minimum crew of 2. Rescue boats will be categorized here as well but will not receive a class rating.

Hope that helps!

It does thanks. I just went to the site... Thaks again.

Edited by HFD750