Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Chlorine Bombs: Any local incidents ?

7 posts in this topic

Saw the disturbing report on Channel 2 news the other night about easy to make sode bottle chlorine bombs and very stupid kids who use them.

Has anybody encountered them in Westchester???

I hope the answer is no....cringe at the thought of perps chucking them off rooftops or out of moving vehicles, etc. Very disturbing...

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

I remember years ago getting a teletype a few days after Halloween warning of something similar. I didn't see the news footage so I don't know if it was the same thing, but it was warning about something that would look innocent and turn out to be what I think they were calling a Bleach Bomb. I don't know of any local incidnets and I never heard more about them until this post, I actually thought it might have been an urban myth.

There was a Youtube video circulated on here a few years ago that depicted 3 knuckleheads making a chlorine bomb, shaking it up, and then the video ends with it "going off" and the camera going blank. Don't know whether or not that was a real video, but chlorine bombs are nothing new and are not a myth, either.

There are a bunch of chlorine bomb videos on Youtube.com which I learned about during that news broadcast.

No injuries reported to our emergency room yet....

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

They are very easy to make ( Not going into details tongue.gif ) They can be made from normal household products. That is the problem with them. I personally know of a friend who made one in high school and it blew up in his hand. They are not something to mess around with

There was a whole hour about a year ago on the "Discovery Channel" about making bomb with household goods. Chlorine (bleach) was just one of them.