Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turk182

Tappen Zee Incident 7-1-07

15 posts in this topic

WABC News opened their broadcast by saying "there's been an explosion on the Tappen Zee Bridge" -- not the best of ways to describe it based on all the events of the past 3 days. They also said it might not be back open until the morning

wow, i was at scarbourough metro north just 40 mins ago and i saw all of the lights and everything

I read the Incident Alert and it says the County Alert has been raised with checkpoints at the airport. What I don't get is that there was a DUI arrest from it, so why are they still looking at terrorism?

I read the Incident Alert and it says the County Alert has been raised with checkpoints at the airport. What I don't get is that there was a DUI arrest from it, so why are they still looking at terrorism?

Initially, prior to confirming a cause, some departments took certain preliminary steps as a precaution. The events in Europe over the past few days were taken into consideration. For example, Yonkers Police made sure all patrol officers turned out with thier PPE. The WCPD intiated the detour plan and had to mobilize a greater number of officers to do so. Once the incident looked more like an accident and not of "unknown intent," normal operations were resumed. The NYSP is not going to get on the hotline once cuffs are placed on a possible DWI suspect and tell everyone the case is closed.

Gotcha thanks for the reply.

As well, the County's Alert level is currently elevated at the Airport due to the events in Europe, specifically Glasgow. Although the security there is usually pretty good, better to be safe than sorry.

Both of the Yonkers Boats responded up to the TZB to assist, YPD Marine 1 and YFD Fire Boat 1.

In addition to units mentioned, Sleepy Hollow FD M7 was there and E86 relocated to Tarrytown. Irvington E177 and R49 on location with E178 on standby. Westchester County Department of Emergency Services sent Car 2, Car 5, Battalion 14, EMS 10 and Field Comm 1. Tarrytown PD was handling traffic diversions also.

Edited by Remember585

17:11 hrs this evening. Tarrytown VAC toned out for Multiple Vehicle MVA with multiple injuries TZB South Bound Midspan. Thanx to the link for the webcam Turk182 gave, I was able to see that there were 5 vehicles involved in the left lane south bound.

17:29 Sleepy Hollow VAC and Tarrytown VAC Back Up crew toned out for response to assist crews already on the bridge.

post-938-1183414347.jpg

Notice: When it was live (ongoing), it was live...you can no longer see it...it is over!

It is a live cam, so you can could only see it as it was happening. There is no file footage.