Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Maneros In Greenwich,CT

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what happened to Manero's Resturant in Greenwich?

I used to eat there all the time as a kid...it was my favorite resturant. It was a great, family oriented old school steakhouse.

Some of my favorite menu items were the gorgonzola salad, the garlic bread, the chicken parm, the ribeye, the steak fries, and the ice cream roll desert ....all had their distinct Manero's delicious flavors. Also, the staff was always the same, familiar and friendly. The service and food always great and consistent.

In fact, their gorgonzola is so popular, that they are now bottling it and selling it on the web.

http://www.manerosgorgonzola.com/

My last memory of Maneros was eating there sometime several years ago. Apparently, they had just sold the place, and the new owners were trying to fancy it up. The staff was new, the food sucked, and so did the service.

I presume Manero's closed....what has the building become? I had so many good memories of birthdays there, and many great meals. It's hard to din

Also, I remember my parents and grandparents telling me that their used to be one is Hartsdale, at the building on Central Ave built onto a slope with a distinct top floor, now housing Westchester Cardiac Rehab and Sports Medicine.

Their Florida location still exists at least

http://www.maneros.com/

If you know anything, please add to the comments of this post.

Remeber that place well Seth, we used to get great steak wedges for lunch. Sorry to hear that its not the same havent been there in years.

It closed last year. I believe they are buidling condo's their now. But either way it closed down.

i believe it closed about a year, two years tops. I think they hiked up the rent for the building so it was forced to close. They have the best steak sauce anywhere.... my family bought a case of it before it closed. also i agree about the steak sandwhich for lunch couldnt be beaten.... sure is a shame.

Maneros closed a little over 2 years ago, I loved that place me and my wife would eat there at least once a month I miss their garlic bread, minestrone soup, fillet mignon, and gorganzola salad when they closed I shead a tear!!!

You can still get there sandwiches just like they used to be a guy at my department got them for a drill one night i will post the info as soon as i get it.

Ditto on their steak sauce, best ever!

A-1 pales in comparison.

You can get the steaks and sandwiches as well as some other items at their new store on Bruce Park Ave, just across the street from the Bruce Park Grill. I believe that the Maneros owned the building in Greenwich, just sold due to lack of family involvement. I don't know if the one in Pompano Fla is still opened. That restaurant was opened for all the transplanted snow birds from the northeast. Still one of the greatest restaurants EVER. Steak and onion sangwich with a gorgonzolla salad on the side. Damn now I am hungry. Stay safe all on this joyous 4th of July.

You can get the steaks and sandwiches as well as some other items at their new store on Bruce Park Ave, just across the street from the Bruce Park Grill. I believe that the Maneros owned the building in Greenwich, just sold due to lack of family involvement. I don't know if the one in Pompano Fla is still opened. That restaurant was opened for all the transplanted snow birds from the northeast. Still one of the greatest restaurants EVER. Steak and onion sangwich with a gorgonzolla salad on the side. Damn now I am hungry. Stay safe all on this joyous 4th of July.

Think the store is called "Greenwich Prime Meats" or something like that. Nothing like a tidbit wedge with fried onions and a gorgonzola salad. My gradmother still buys her turkey for thanksgiving and christmas there, as well.

Having grown up in Greenwich I know Manero's well. It was a nice casual place to go and have a good meal. It is really missed! The property was sold and I believe condos are to be built there. I think what happened is as the older generation passed on maybe the younger generation wasn't interested in carrying on the restaurant. Also with the prime property they probably got an offer they couldn't refuse. As for the store that opened, I was told it is run by the same guys who worked in the butcher shop at the original Manero's so they have many of the favorites like the gorganzola salad and the garlic bread and of course the prime meats. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but with all this talk about Manero's my mouth is watering for some of those old favorites so I might have to go there soon.

Having grown up in Greenwich I know Manero's well. It was a nice casual place to go and have a good meal. It is really missed! The property was sold and I believe condos are to be built there. I think what happened is as the older generation passed on maybe the younger generation wasn't interested in carrying on the restaurant. Also with the prime property they probably got an offer they couldn't refuse. As for the store that opened, I was told it is run by the same guys who worked in the butcher shop at the original Manero's so they have many of the favorites like the gorganzola salad and the garlic bread and of course the prime meats. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but with all this talk about Manero's my mouth is watering for some of those old favorites so I might have to go there soon.

I agree with you all, Manero's was incredible! Well worth standing in line for. Once, I went on Superbowl Sunday (1984) and had my pick of tables.

The Gorgonzola salad was da bomb! And those T-Bones................... :rolleyes:

Par's over in Rye (?) was very good too, but I think they're also gone

Well, after acting on some tips from you guys (which is one of the examples why I love this forum!), Kris and I went on an investigation. I found out, that although the Manero's building is rubble, that Manero's signature items do still live on.

post-11-1183578061.jpg

post-11-1183578072.jpg

Kris and I decided to try Greenwich Prime Meats, and their steak sandwich, for lunch. We also got the Gorgonzola Salad to take home, and both were delicous! All the favorites from Manero's are on their menu, as you can see below. I definetly reccomend it, it's two minutes off I-95 Exit 2 on Bruce Park Road, just up the hill from Greenwich Ave, in Greenwich, CT.

It's also a GREAT butcher shop, the cuts they have there made my mouth water......

post-11-1183578089.jpg

Ah, the favorites.......

post-11-1183578099.jpg

Thanks guys,I had no idea about Greenwich Meats. I cant wait to go there. Do you know the hours?

Thanks guys,I had no idea about Greenwich Meats. I cant wait to go there. Do you know the hours?

9A-6P 7 Days a week, according to the menu. However, I think I saw a sign in the store Mon-Sat.

You had mentioned in an earlier post that the salad dressing is being sold online. Did you happen to notice if that is available at the store as well? Now I definitely have to go and get a steak sandwich and gorganzola salad for myself!! Thanks for the info.

I will definately be visiting soon thanx for the info.

Kris and I decided to try Greenwich Prime Meats, and their steak sandwich, for lunch. We also got the Gorgonzola Salad to take home, and both were delicous! All the favorites from Manero's are on their menu, as you can see below. I definetly reccomend it, it's two minutes off I-95 Exit 2 on Bruce Park Road, just up the hill from Greenwich Ave, in Greenwich, CT.

It's also a GREAT butcher shop, the cuts they have there made my mouth water......

Just a quick note, Greenwich Prime Meats is actually closer to exit 3. Get off at exit 3, go right for 95 s or left for 95 n, go under the railroad bridge at the light go right. go straight. at stopsign its on your right. Toughest part is finding parking, though there is usally parking available under the bridge on the right.