Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pelham EMS 38-M-1

72 posts in this topic

There is a picture of Pelham 38-M-1 on the site. Pelham has EMS?Or is it Empress??

Pelham is Empress..... starting in january Pelham will be covered by a 24 hr ALS flycar w a BLS bus for TXP from Da Vern. Pelham doesn't want to pay for the bus anymore.....

To further.......Yes. Pelham DOES its have its own EMS effective 1/1/05, the staffing of the car and the transport is provided by (under contract) Empress EMS. It's Pelhams vehicle, and I believe they are renting/leasing the ALS gear from Empress as part of the contract. As for the not wanting to pay for the bus as said above....don't forget, this is only a start, who knows what the future will hold.......

IMO, thumbs up to Pelham for putting their name on their third service municipal EMS, a step in the right direction..

I hear some more spy shots will be posted tommorow. Striping looks hot and is very unique. The blue tahoe is a nice change from the standard everyday white.

as of now....

Pelham responds w RES45CUE an expedition w 1 career FFEMT, Pelham Manor responds w PMPD. Empress responds w 38A1 or if unavailable, either one of the Vern EMS units or a Yonkers EMS unit.....

Who will be transporting the PT then will Empress be putting a BLS Bus in MV

The flycar has been finished being outfitted, it can be seen at upcoming public events throughout the town now thru it being placed in service at 0700 hours on 01/01/05

oh and pictures are coming......

Does the Vern still have two busses on or did they scale that back to 1 when they put the second in Pelham a few years ago? Are they moving the pelham bus back to the Vern and making it BLS?

that is the plan....

So if the call is in pelham the rescue 45 (With 1 EMT) and 38M1 with 1 paramedic responds, correct? So you will have a two medical people not counting pd if they respond, and have no way to get a patient to the hospital. Is this a Danny brain child?

Is the flycar still going to be based in PFD's quarters or is it going somewhere else in the town?

Last i heard it is going to be housed down in "The Manor"...

Spy shot has photos of the unit .

EMTBravo

supposedly to run out of the manor since pelham has R45, meaning it will take less time for the medic to get to calls in the manor, while R45 will prob be first in Pelham.

This is get to be the worst sytem I know of, Bottom line is that the people of pelham still have to wait for an ambulance. Wouldn't it make more sense to put a ALS ambulance there. How come one of the wealthest village in Westchester can't pay for an ambulance when they pay for a Fire Dept that hardly does any work. I guess EMS isn't that important!

sadly that is the truth, EMS doesn't matter...... having the medic there is all well and good, but the bus might be responding from Yonkers and could take 15 minutes to get there....... it's the most brilliant system yet!

If there is one that's in service or not on a transport. I am glad I don't or have any family that lives in Pelham

fac911, just for the record, those of us who live in Pelham are proud to be a part of this community. Please try to separate your personal feelings about one of our Villages from any analysis of EMS response time.

Secondly, regarding the "Fire Dept that hardly does any work", what has the call volume (fortunately low) have to do with our 24/7 ability and committment to protect our Village when it is required ?

I would suggest that we are all dedicated first responders who want to constantly improve our services to the public and sometimes, what we wish for is not what we get.

Stay well and you are always welcomed in the Town of Pelham as a visitor or a resident.

There had been a full time ALS bus stationed at the Pelham firehouse by Empress a few years ago. The current contract is flawed as well, since the bus could be anywhere in either Pelham, Pelham Manor or Mt Vernon. And, if it is on a run, we have to wait for another one anyway.

It is my opinion that the lack of work in previous years was the cause for Empress to back out of keeping the ALS bus here full time. (the call volume has increased greatly though and i would love to see an ALS bus here full time again). If anyone has more knowledge, feel free to chime in.

All I'am saying is if you can pay for a police & fire dept why cant you pay for a ambulance? It's nice to have all the first responders show up but the bottom line is you need a ambulance to transport

I fully agree that we should pay to have the ambulance here full time. dont think that i was saying that we dont need it. the pelham fire department runs as many if not more EMS related calls than they do fire calls. unfortunately, the powers that be seem to want to save money instead of providing a better service to the people.

Hopefully the current system will be rethought in the next few years, and an ambulance can be purchased and manned 24/7.

Why not make the new Rescue 45 a Ambulance, and put the tools on the new Ladder truck????

Staff the new Ambulance with the FF that was previously assigned to R-45, and just add one FF to the ambulance to make it a full TRUE Fire- based BLS Unit.

again, something the town will have to rethink. I think it might be the ALS/BLS percentage. High ALS #s might mean sticking with the current system, where as BLS may mean something else.

Why not try what Greenburgh does and let the PDs run the bus, BLS? Could this even work? Someone with a better knowledge of Pelham feel free to respond.

dont think it would work. Both pds respond to ems calls, but there are only two or three cars on at a time in each village, therefore leaving either none or one officer if there is a transport. I also think that they would want more money, which i dont think would be agreed to since they do not have to have emt status.