Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeinet

Shame, Shame, Shame: The Firefighter's Pants

15 posts in this topic

:lol::lol::lol:

I think it is kind of funny---by the way he really never showed his behind

Was he stupid/wrong... yes. But so is that woman for suing. If she "Didn't know about the sirens" then she should be going after the real estate agent.

Arnold Diaz should do a "Shame On You" piece on himself for the way he treats his neighbors. Trust me, I did a lot of work on the house right next to his, no thanks to him and his influence on the Architectural Board of Review :angry: What a sleaze-bag.

Edited by 242steve

by the way he really never showed his behind

I think they edited that part out for TV.

His actions, and those of the people with him, were extremely immature and embarassing. For us, that would be considered conduct that damages the reputation of the department, and could result in a suspension or a dismissal. I don't see these guys being members of that department for much longer, and rightfully so.

On the other hand, I'm not overly sympathetic to the homeowner's cause. Don't like the siren? Don't buy a house next to a fire station. If you're going to sue anyone, sue the realtor who didn't mention it. I don't know how it is in Mahwah, but in Briarcliff our siren only goes off during the daytime (8am to 9pm, or somewhere thereabouts), so it doesn't wake up the neighbors.

Also, not exactly a fan of the news reporting here. They're "living in fear"...because the firefighters shined flashlights at their house? It was stupid, immature behavior, but not entirely uncommon for people to hang around the station, especially after a drill.

Edited by RC2389

Pretty immature, but I'm a lot more offended about the lady being such a moron. Also, she should watch what her kid watches. Idiot.

Gotta admit, though, she's kinda cute.

I guess it's something she's gonna have to get used to. It'll always help the property value since she lives right next to a firehouse.

Oh, and PS to the Mahwah guys, nice move knuckleheads.

To a point Mr. Diaz does bring up some good points in a lot of his reports. His tactics leave a lot to be desired. He pulled one of his reports a few years back when the Queens CO was being renovated and dispatchers were parking on the sidewalks.

I'm getting old, I suppose, but I remember when he actually did real news stories on important issues.

Oh, and Arnold, sometimes pagers aren't always enough.

Definetly love those fights... "why do you need sirens" or "I live next door and don't want to hear sirens all night long!" some people really just don't think.

just goes to show you act professional while in public view CONDUCT UNBECOMING no FD should wind up on the news for that, you never know who is video taping your every move. in my opinion those sirens should go the way of the firehouse bar's. wasnt that fight fought in westchester not too long ago?

Was he stupid/wrong... yes. But so is that woman for suing. If she "Didn't know about the sirens" then she should be going after the real estate agent.

I agree that she should complain to the real estate agent.

Buyer beware! the agent should have mentioned that there is a siren, but you bought a house next door to a fire house, what were you expecting? Pelham Manor still uses the siren but only during the day and not after 9pm. after a while i am sure they will get used to it.

the guy mooning is a complete fool and notice no PPE on all but one of the guys.(he must have been the new guy, didn't get the "we don't wear our gear when we train" memo) I think the only thing missing is a beer in their hands. we are always under a microscope. this is why you don't go out drinking with your department gear on, or act like a fool on calls and when your doing "routine" calls. you never know who is watching or where the cameras are.

I guess to play devils advocate for a while .....

If the siren was fixed for 6 months or whatever it was, the previous occupants may have assumed they'd stopped using the siren.

99% of the time I am in my house I cannot hear my FD's house siren or horns (in fact when I hear a house siren I can't tell whose it is). Additionally, I can also hear other departments horns almost as well as my own Company. If you're in your car, you're not going to hear it. I think this is another tradition thing that has seen it's day!

However, my wife and I watched the spot last night and she thought it was a complete waste of time and both sides were being immature.

Maybe the 9 year old daughter is the most mature and that's why she review the surveillance video :P

I guess to play devils advocate for a while .....

If the siren was fixed for 6 months or whatever it was, the previous occupants may have assumed they'd stopped using the siren.

99% of the time I am in my house I cannot hear my FD's house siren or horns (in fact when I hear a house siren I can't tell whose it is). Additionally, I can also hear other departments horns almost as well as my own Company. If you're in your car, you're not going to hear it. I think this is another tradition thing that has seen it's day!

However, my wife and I watched the spot last night and she thought it was a complete waste of time and both sides were being immature.

Maybe the 9 year old daughter is the most mature and that's why she review the surveillance video :P

I agree to a point. BUT!!! First of all, we all know what happen when you ass ume. As for the sirens, as was previously posted, two good reasons for them are: to advise the public of an emergency, and also that the radios do have "dead spots" and other reliability problems. Also how many departments run out and get pagers for brand new members? I'm sure a lot will have the newbies wait a while for a pager. And yes, I agree that both sides are acting immature, although some more so than others. JMHO.

hmm lees see the family pays taxes--to the town -who in turn should be the ones responsible for the fire department. sirens a moot issue any judge in his right mind will probely order the sirens off from 9 pm to 6 am at least. As for the maturity of the firefighters---well we can all see the black eye that department has now--wonder jhow it willeffect their fund raising.

Remember when you ware your department shirt-uniform-someone is watching - behave.

personally i would love to see his training-did he get credit for the drill with no turnout gear? mabey he was in charge. which brings me the the issue of leadership--or lack there of. where was the fire chief- Captain- leiutenant.

Most of the guys looked like they were doing their pump opts trainning he's 1 a** making them all look bad

This is just the thing that will get us all in trouble. TIMES HAVE CHANGED PEOPLE!!!! Now a days everyone sues everyone. Be smart use your head. Remember the code of ethics that were just put into place. Now not only could the FF who does the stupid act get in trouble but the officers who were there could also for condoning it and not taking appropriate action. The good old days are over. Stop and think before you act. We are all under the microscope!