Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
khas143

Father, son ticketed for speeding within minutes of each other

14 posts in this topic

Father, son ticketed for speeding within minutes of each other

(Original publication: July 29, 2007)

Talk about keeping it in the family.

A state police trooper patrolling Interstate 684 issued two speeding tickets yesterday in the span of nine minutes - one to a father and the other to the man's son.

The first stop happened at 2:03 p.m. on 684 in the town of Southeast in Putnam County. Trooper Thomas Coubertier pulled over Teodoro Diaz, 43, of New Britain, Conn., for driving 84 miles per hour in a 65 zone. After ticketing Diaz in his 2003 Subaru, Coubertier headed south on 684 to continue speed enforcement, police said.

At 2:12 p.m., on 684 in the Westchester County town of North Salem, Coubertier clocked another driver speeding, this time at 88 miles per hour. The driver was Luis Diaz, 23, also of New Britain, also behind the wheel of a 2003 Subaru. He was also issued a speeding ticket.

Yes, police confirmed, the son had taken over driving duties from the father after the first ticket.

That's beautiful....glad to see that the family is supporting their local governments :D:D

Edited by RescueKujo

Like Father, Like Son? :blink:

Now THAT is pretty funny!

I guess they don't have cell phones....... AND they Trooper must be quick I figurured that they take at least 20 min to do a traffic stop....

I guess they don't have cell phones....... AND they Trooper must be quick I figurured that they take at least 20 min to do a traffic stop....

I'm thinking they were in the same car. Trooper took off, set up and nailed them after the son took over behind the wheel.

Once again, just proves that old saying===The apple don't fall far from the tree. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Once again, just proves that old saying===The apple don't fall far from the tree. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You know I was thinking the same thing when I read this

proves great minds think alike

Up in New Hampshire on the way home form a concert my girlfriend got pulled over for doing 80 in a 35 and then 5 miles down the road she got pulled over by a different cop for doing 50 in a 40 I had to take over the driving responsibilities after that for the rest of the trip. It was pretty funny though between the cop's :lol: yelling and her being hysterical.

Wow!! You talk about history repeating itself!!

That's just plain....as already said-- DEE DEE DEEEEE!

Should've called them a cab!