Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Commercial Truck Enforcement

10 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's very little commercial truck enforcement on the Tri-State area's highways?

These truckers drive like maniacs, and from their actions, it seems like they know they can get away with it.

On I-95 especially.

I'd like to see more troopers targeting agressive truckers on the highways.

Don't know about the highways...but don't come through Yonkers during specific times of certain decades...lol

I'm sorry to say Seth, it's you.

NYSDOT along with the NYSP CVEU (Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit) are alive and kicking on the highways and byways of the tri-state area.

They often set up shop in rest areas of 684 and 84 (in NY and CT) and there's a weigh station on 95 north (east) in Greenwich, CT. They also like to hang out on the bridges Newburgh-Beacon, Mid-Hudson to name a few) and anywhere there's a toll plaza or parking area on a regular basis. They will essentially set up shop anywhere where a lot of trucks pass through. When they don't do stationary truck stops in a pre-determine area, the CVEU troopers patrol looking for truck violations.

At the CVEU check points, they will generally preform level 2 (walk around) inspections which include lights, horn, brakes, tires, extinguisher, triangles and documentation (license, registration, inspection, medical card and manifests. If they happen to glance at something that is a violation of a level 1 (comprehensive) inspection, then they will do a level 1. They do not often preform level 1 inspections on a regular basis because it is more time consuming than the level 2.

We now have like 6 guys that go out at least once a month in our town and HAMMER the truck drivers. Sometimes they get together with COUNTY PD and set up on RT 9a or RT 9. I know they make lots of money for the TOWN. I need to get into that UNIT.

Troop K only has 1 Sgt and 5 Troopers to cover Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess and Columbia Counties. Spread thin to say the least. Troop T has about 3 guys that cover 95, 287, and 87 up to Newburgh area. Again, stretched thin.

Once again, I see the trooper van (can't remember the number for the life of me), in Northern Westchester (Cortlandt) all the time. Always stopping a truck or set up at a place doing inspections. Don't recognize the trooper though, but I have been out of the game in that area for some time... In my opinion he is doing a great job.

Once again, I see the trooper van (can't remember the number for the life of me), in Northern Westchester (Cortlandt) all the time. Always stopping a truck or set up at a place doing inspections. Don't recognize the trooper though, but I have been out of the game in that area for some time... In my opinion he is doing a great job.

That's K16. Trooper Sy Lee.

Within the confines of NYC, the Highway Districts' Motor Carrier Safety Unit handles truck enforcement. At the precinct level, members of the highway safety enforcement unit handle truck enforcement. Probably the most active precinct level enforcement unit is the 41 because of the Hunts Point Market within their precinct.

Used to see this unit up around me for the longest time. Haven't seen it in about a year or 2.

They should do a little more commercial truck enforcement on the Hutch, I always see at least one commercial vehicle on the Hutch when I'm on it and there not suppose to be on it.