Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Hartsdale FD UHF "Live" On the Air 11-29-07

12 posts in this topic

Heard someone testing on 478.0500MHz Friday AM. Anyone know if this was Hartsdale FD testing their new system.

See previous thread at Hartsdale Fire New Tower.

Cars & Apparatus On Ultra High Frequency 11/29/07

Responded to alarm on N.Central Av , Dispatch 46.26 (pagers) all units L/C on 478.0500

Probably part of the updated radio installed at renovated station.

Currently Hartsdale is operating on the new high band radio system. This went into effect over a week ago. Only toned out on 46.26, then all other communication switches over to the new high band frequency

Edited by HFD201

TR, Your link doesn't work I think that you missed an E or an R along the way.

Working link

www.RadioReference.com

Thanks JM15 - spelling error - change made above.

Also , Greenville FD (Town of Greenburgh)Edgemont section has been using 46.06 low band for mobiles to 60 Control & UHF Kenwwood portables for apparatus repeater on scene.

478.050 mgz PL 88.5 listed by www.RadioReference.com

TR

Where did you see the PL? I thought I caught it once on code search(the 88.5), but did not want to post it till I confirmed it a second time.

Good work.

I was wondering why I didn't hear anything when I turned on my scanner after hearing the sirens of HFD! I am so out of the loop.

Does anyone have the Tone Out code for Hartsdale on 46.26, so I can set the alert for my scanner?

I was wondering why I didn't hear anything when I turned on my scanner after hearing the sirens of HFD! I am so out of the loop.

Does anyone have the Tone Out code for Hartsdale on 46.26, so I can set the alert for my scanner?

Sent x635 a PM

Technically speaking its considered Ultra High not High band. The term High band was generated from the use of low frequency vhf and high frequency vhf. UHF is way out of the band. VHF is 30mhz to 299 or so. Above that its considered Ultra High.