Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Mount Vernon Civil Service

46 posts in this topic

Maybe it got stuck between 2 papers the FBI was looking for...lol.

A recent picture of a new truck in Mt vernons Fleet.post-103-1193665353.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Firefighter Joe Carroll, a long time employee of the city of Mt Vernon Fire Department will be filing suit in the Federal Courthouse in White Plains next week according to his attorney, Andrew P. Fleming. Fleming, formerly of White PLains, but who practices in the Buffalo area,stated;" Our investigation reveals that Joe Carroll was denied a promotion to lieutenant because he is white."

In July, Carroll was all but set to pin on his Lieutenant bars before a group of African-American firefighters, protested the appointment. "Carroll was next on the list" according to Fleming, "but the list was killed for racially motivated reasons." Fleming will be asserting in the Carroll suit, as he recently did on behalf of 13 white firefighters in the city of Buffalo, that Mount Vernon's actions amount to racial discrimination. In the Buffalo action, State Supreme Court Justice John Michalek ruled that the 13 firefighters were, as a matter of law,"discriminated against under circumstances nearly identical to Joe's, according to Fleming.

On Friday, Mr Carroll said that he is "anxious to go to court to try to get the promotion I have been working on for years."

Point of contact for additional information:

Andy P. Fleming

(716)491-5943

e-mail:andy@cf-legal.com

Fax:(716)648-0810

Good for you Hudson............It is about time something good happens in the city.

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Firefighter Joe Carroll, a long time employee of the city of Mt Vernon Fire Department will be filing suit in the Federal Courthouse in White Plains next week according to his attorney, Andrew P. Fleming. Fleming, formerly of White PLains, but who practices in the Buffalo area,stated;" Our investigation reveals that Joe Carroll was denied a promotion to lieutenant because he is white."

In July, Carroll was all but set to pin on his Lieutenant bars before a group of African-American firefighters, protested the appointment. "Carroll was next on the list" according to Fleming, "but the list was killed for racially motivated reasons." Fleming will be asserting in the Carroll suit, as he recently did on behalf of 13 white firefighters in the city of Buffalo, that Mount Vernon's actions amount to racial discrimination. In the Buffalo action, State Supreme Court Justice John Michalek ruled that the 13 firefighters were, as a matter of law,"discriminated against under circumstances nearly identical to Joe's, according to Fleming.

On Friday, Mr Carroll said that he is "anxious to go to court to try to get the promotion I have been working on for years."

Point of contact for additional information:

Andy P. Fleming

(716)491-5943

e-mail:andy@cf-legal.com

Fax:(716)648-0810

Give 'em heck, Hudson! Best of luck and hopefully we'll be saying "congrats on your promotion" before too long!

Must be nice to have that precedent in your pocket as you march into court, too.

You getting your Lt. bars and Earnie possibly going to jail, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

Today in Manhattan the courts will decide on the issue with promotions for the members of the New Haven FD. Members there also were screwed out of a promotion because of racial issues! Good luck New Haven.

Also today in Mt Vernon interviews for the 2 vacant lieutenants positions will be held. Lets see what kind of game playing will go on. Is this going to be a last ditch effort for Ernie to take care of his loyal buddys and promote them? Is Ernie going to pull a fast one and create a new position for a long time family friend who was always there with a big smile on TV until the results of the election were final? This is going to be an interesting week or two. I wish all the candidates (most of them) good luck!

Interviews LOL LOL!

Today in Manhattan the courts will decide on the issue with promotions for the members of the New Haven FD. Members there also were screwed out of a promotion because of racial issues! Good luck New Haven.

Also today in Mt Vernon interviews for the 2 vacant lieutenants positions will be held. Lets see what kind of game playing will go on. Is this going to be a last ditch effort for Ernie to take care of his loyal buddys and promote them? Is Ernie going to pull a fast one and create a new position for a long time family friend who was always there with a big smile on TV until the results of the election were final? This is going to be an interesting week or two. I wish all the candidates (most of them) good luck!

Interviews! What a JOKE! I guess somebody's getting jumped! :angry:

Having Hudson as an instructor at the FTC for simulations I can only say he knows his stuff, can effectively communicate with personalities of all types and I have nothing but the best to say of his character with my little experience with him. For the city to do this to him especially with his expertise from the Air force the city is out of their mind. The city deserves to get this man as a Lt. as well as sanctions against the city.

Hudson, gl with everything and you deserve the promo.

Shrek.

Well they had the chance to do the "RIGHT THING" but as always they ****ed someone else again! Someday it might change, what am i thinking? I know the few involved tried to convince them to go right down the list but either ERNIE or someone else didn't think it was right to do it that way. To the 3 who are going to get promoted yes Kenny even you, good luck and be safe!

Edited by hudson144

Don't forget to thank SANTA for promoting 3 when there was only 2 open spots lol! Merry Christmas to all! HO,HO,HO

Having grown up in New Haven, CT and having a close family friend in a ranking position there, it is extremely upsetting to see people using the civil service system and the Fire Service as their Bully Pulpit for a political or racial agenda. New Haven has an excellent department, and having been privileged enough to ride for a few shifts, I could say that in the station I was at, everyone was color-blind, and the job got done professionally and courteously. It breaks my heart to see the few ruin it for the many. It also upsets me to see that this is happening in several departments throughout the region and country. Hopefully common sense transcends politics and favoritism and the most QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED, & PROFESSIONAL candidates are promoted and hired, regardless of race, creed, or color.