Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Does Anyone Visit EMTBravo.com Anymore?

49 posts in this topic

I enter through it daily. Especially since it requires a sign in to view the forum. In the past I would view emtbravo.com to see what is being discussed and the incident alerts. I would then sign in if wanting to contribute. I still use it daily. I would like to see a photo of the day feature that changes with each day, rather than looking at the new DPW truck in New Rochelle for 5-7 days.

Stop being so picky about the photos you post. I know I'm not in the inner circle, but I emailed many first hand photos of Hong Kong FD and PD at least six months ago, with nothing posted. I was told to email them a second time with no luck. Since then I realized this site is only catering to who they want and I've lost interest.

5slow, I understand your frustration, I too have had this issue in the past. Instead of complaining, I just post my photos in the proper section of the forum. I don't think it is an inner circle thing, just the fact that human only has so many things one can do at a time. Seth runs, 3 forum sites, the original EMTb.com, x635 photos, his blogs...as well as being married, and all the other ish that life throws at each and everyone of us. I think if he put together a "team" of people with some training on how to update the sites, that might make it easier to provide people with coverage of their photos as they are submitted. Seeing as this seems to be one of the more upfront issues, maybe it can be addressed.

I enter through it daily. Especially since it requires a sign in to view the forum. In the past I would view emtbravo.com to see what is being discussed and the incident alerts. I would then sign in if wanting to contribute. I still use it daily. I would like to see a photo of the day feature that changes with each day, rather than looking at the new DPW truck in New Rochelle for 5-7 days.

A photo that changes each day is also a good idea, even if the archives are programmed into the rotation...just like the rotating x635 photos. That could work in between the newer shots being submitted, since it has been slow for action lately throughout the area.

5slow, I understand your frustration, I too have had this issue in the past. Instead of complaining, I just post my photos in the proper section of the forum. I don't think it is an inner circle thing, just the fact that human only has so many things one can do at a time. Seth runs, 3 forum sites, the original EMTb.com, x635 photos, his blogs...as well as being married, and all the other ish that life throws at each and everyone of us.

You are right on the money there, Oswegowind- thank you, I appreciate your understand and explaining it- you hit the nail on the head. I do need to be selective due to time constraints, it's nothing personal. I'd like to see more submissions of incident photos, spy shots, new deliveries, etc. I've got to figure out a way to encourage more submissions and give the photographers confidence they will be posted or explain why they aren't. However, I can't post blurry or poorly lit shots, or new engine shot inside the bay, or action shots with people just standing around, photos from a cell phone, etc. I want quality shots. I also can't post everyone's photos, including people's travel photos, but I will link to peoples galleries of specific photo sets if appropriate.

A photo that changes each day is also a good idea, even if the archives are programmed into the rotation...just like the rotating x635 photos. That could work in between the newer shots being submitted, since it has been slow for action lately throughout the area.

I'm actually working on that. Just got to figure out the best method to do it.

Thanks to ALL for your input, please, I want to hear more from more members, it's sparking ideas for me.

Since the main topic of discussion here seems to be pictures, maybe you can put together a team of moderators with some time on their hands and have them put together a photo contest monthly. Post a topic at the beginning of each month...example, " Best shot of firefighter in action" or " Ladder company operations" or " Funniest Training Bloopers" and limit the entries to one per member. Judge them and have the winning pic be sent to a firemans magazine like Firehouse. Or something like that. And than have all the winning entries from each month be entered in a "Grand Prize" contest at the end of the year and have the members vote on them or something like that, for a prize to be determined.

Just some ideas, not certain how exactly it would work but with the experienced moderating team you have Im sure they can put their heads together and fine tune it. This would promote more views of the .com site hopefully. ;)

Just trying to help. :D

Moose

emtbravo.COM?? whats that ha ha ha no it great i think if you can make it the only way to get into emtbravo.net

Another feature I just thought of is a "live" weather radar for the tri-state area. This would be nice since most of our daily lives can be effected by storms rolling through our districts. Just a thought, one less site to visit in weather.com

Also, on the fun side, how about a "Top-Ten" users lists that track posts and rank members daily for all to see without having to open an individuals profile?

Change the name of "The Lounge" to "The Kitchen" since that is where the real good stories come out in the Firehouse.

I have EMTBravo on my tabs along with four others. I check the front page daily and look at the recent discussions to decide if I want to go in to the forums. Then when I;m not pressed for time, I check the forums to see what else hasn't been on the front page when I was looking.

I always log into the site by way of EMTBravo.com. I almost always check for new photos.

I check this site everyday I love it I do think it needs more photos and updates, It would be nice if we could gather up some photos of incidents from the past??

I check the site daily to see what has happened during the day while I was @ work :P

I do every Day if not twice to three times a day like to look at the pic of the trucks :ph34r: and also like the IA on the right side of the site :P :P :P

Edited by bfdlt141

So, my questions to you (I'm talking about EMTBravo.com, NOT this forum) :

1. Do you check EMTBravo.com daily?

2. What can I do to make EMTBravo.com better?

3. How do you like the layout/design of the page?

4. What would get you to visit EMTBravo.com more often?

5. What else would you like me to know?

1. Not anymore, not enough updates.

2. It seems too "busy." Perhaps a little less on the homepage.

3. Same as above.

4. More photos - I get all the info I need from these forums.

5. Forums are good most of the time, but some more allowing of open discussion / debate isn't a bad idea. Keep up the good work.

The bookmark in my browser is set for EMT Bravo.com... So I always go there first. And I check in once a day, generally. I find the list of the latest forum posts in the left column to be an easy way of checking whats new, without checking each of the forums on EMT Bravo.net. Also like the list on the right of most recent incidents in the various areas.

As others have posted....more pictures would be better....Seems there was a time when a lot of people posted a lot of pictures of apparatus and working fires.....I like picture.

Also it seems to me that in the past there were more prominient links to features of the site... such as Department information, apparatus that once served the county, etc.

The bookmark in my browser is set for EMT Bravo.com... So I always go there first. And I check in once a day, generally. I find the list of the latest forum posts in the left column to be an easy way of checking whats new, without checking each of the forums on EMT Bravo.net. Also like the list on the right of most recent incidents in the various areas.

As others have posted....more pictures would be better....Seems there was a time when a lot of people posted a lot of pictures of apparatus and working fires.....I like picture.

Also it seems to me that in the past there were more prominient links to features of the site... such as Department information, apparatus that once served the county, etc.

I check it at least twice a day and sometimes three times a day.

keep up the great job on both sites, it keeps me up to date on things in port chester and westchester, its my fire dept life line up here in northern vermont

I always come in thru the .com - habit more than anything else.

Honestly - the page is a little 'busy' in the crowded sense. But I do click alot of it.

Would you consider doing some sort of semi-'self-service' photo posting template - we could fill out the template, with a main info section at the top, post pix and a caption for each, then you could just review the page and post it if you approve.

i personally have emtbravo.com bookmarked so i get to emtbravo.net from their, so i check more then 5 times daily...lol...

For my part. I always use www.emtbravo.com as my portal to see the forums at least 3 times a day.