Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

Miami-Dade officer killed, 3 wounded

15 posts in this topic

Miami-Dade officer killed, 3 wounded

CUTLER BAY, Fla. - A gunman killed a police officer and injured three others during a traffic stop Thursday, triggering a manhunt in a suburban Miami neighborhood, officials said.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez confirmed that one of the officers died. All four had been brought to hospitals, but authorities refused to release further information on them because they were trying to notify their families.

The officers were conducting burglary surveillance when they stopped the man because he was driving a car erratically, said Linda O'Brien, a police spokeswoman. The man opened fire with a high-powered weapon and fled. It was not immediately clear if the officers returned fire.

TV footage showed several officers briefly surrounding a house, guns drawn, before moving on. Others swept through a grassy area on foot and picked through a garbage truck.

Authorities were looking for 30-year-old Kevin Wehner, last seen driving a white Honda Accord, O'Brien said. There was a chance another man also was involved.

Investigators believed they had recovered a vehicle and a gun used in the shooting, O'Brien said.

No other details were immediately available.

Cutler Bay is a suburb southwest of downtown Miami. Several schools were locked down due to the search.

Two other officers were shot separately last month in neighboring Broward County. One was killed, the other badly injured.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the Fallen and wounded.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the Fallen and wounded

Besides a hi-powered weapon the perp was wearing a bullet proof vest according to the news. Who knows what intensions this piece of trash had. I hope they find this mutt and do justice....perhaps throw him in the Everglades...I am sure the Alligators would appreciate it.

Prayers go to the family of the murdered officer and also a speedy recovery of the injured.

May the officer who died rest in peace.

perhaps throw him in the Everglades...I am sure the Alligators would appreciate it.

Remember that photo of the constrictor that tried to eat the gator last year. Throw him in the middle of one of those fights....

Lynch him in the street. My condolences to the officer's family and all others injured.

Thoughts and Prayers to the families of the Officers involved, Prayers for a speedy and full recovery for the Injured Officers. May the deceased Officer rest in Peace.

My heart and my prayers go out to the families of the injured officers and the family of the fallen officer.

Here is another case where the criminals out-gun the cops!

In many countries, when you get stopped even for speeding the cops walk up to your car with an assault rifle in hand.

News reports saying the perp is dead at the hands of Miami-Dade Police... nice shooting by whomever took the guy down. He was found with an AK-47. Street justice.

My thoughts and prayers are with the injured and deceased officers families, and I hope the 3 injured have a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and prayers to the officer's and families....They should give the money they would've spent on the trial, to the officer who took out the perp.

At least the taxpayers will not have to feed, clothe, medicate, evaluate and provide all other benefits given to pieces of trash like him. I am sure however some anti-cop liberal group will find fault with the officer who shot this mutt.

News reports saying the perp is dead at the hands of Miami-Dade Police... nice shooting by whomever took the guy down. He was found with an AK-47. Street justice.

My thoughts and prayers are with the injured and deceased officers families, and I hope the 3 injured have a speedy recovery.

Awesome News!!!!! That makes 2 mutts that were dealt exactly what they deserve! I hope this course of action continues!!!

RIP to the fallen Miami-Dade officer!

Wishes for a quick recovery to the officers injured!

Great job in taking out the PERP!!!!! Good to see someone followed something through!