Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Florida Pumper Rolls Out of Station

16 posts in this topic

I am assuming (which is never good) that the apparatus was "running" (turned on). That would be the reason for the electrical short turning the emergency lights on, correct? Otherwise, if it just "rolled", it does not appear to be a violent decline from the station to the curb, prior to the embankment leading to the lake, so how could it gain so much "speed". Or maybe it was so hot in Florida that day, the apparatus needed to cool off a little!

It's a funny coincidence that Ocala is E-One's hometown.

I'll be curious to see what exactly happened there.

well maybe it needed to take cooling dip or even a bath :D:D

Geuss it wanted to take a swim??? Florida heat and humidity, just wanted to cool itself off

The chief must have told the wrong guy at the wrong time to wash the trucks. :blink:

The chief must have told the wrong guy at the wrong time to wash the trucks. :blink:

Probies getting lazier and lazier these days?

By the article it said that the electrical system had a short and the lights then turned on. I don't known if this meant the truck was one or the batteries were on. I bet you the truck was in neutral and the parking break was not set and looking at the picture, the ramp does have a slight incline back into the station. I'm just guessing.

I can explain this whole thing.

You see this engine was trying to show off in front of the other rigs that she could swim. Thats how accidents happen... :unsure:

no no no nutty... you got it all wrong. The engine was trying to PICK UP another rig and was trying to fake drowning to get 'someone' to come save her ;)

no no no nutty... you got it all wrong. The engine was trying to PICK UP another rig and was trying to fake drowning to get 'someone' to come save her

Damn, someone told me the wrong gossip story....lol

May be it was thirsty, Florida does get hot during the afternoon.

I bet you the truck was in neutral and the parking break was not set

Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't deal with larger trucks and Fire Trucks/Engines. They work more like Stick Shift cars in that you place them in neutral and apply the "Maxi Break" when you park. If you foget to hit the maxi break then it's easy for it to start to roll. My Engine rolled in quaters and took out part of the front door and we also had another Engine in the Battalion roll into the house watch. Both cases the rigs were checked it most likely the problem was failure of the driver to turn on the Maxi break.