Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Port Chester Engine 58 Due For Replacement

17 posts in this topic

Engine specs are now in the works for a new rig for engine 58 the 1988 grumman that has served well is very tried. it has had minor rebuilds over the years but its time has come as a front line piece.

Since this apparatus is operated by one firefighter (please correct me if I'm wrong, and I know PCFD members work with it when on scene) will it be designed to work around only having one firefighter on the engine?

IT will be somewhat like the present rig, very user friendly. class a pumper set up to handle just about anything it faces from a garbage can to a 737 at the airport.

SOMEBODY GOTS TO DRIVE THE RIG!!

SORRY I though there was 2 FF's on it!

What's the use of having an engine showing up on scene with just one person on it?

What's the use of having an engine showing up on scene with just one person on it?

THATS A WHOLE OTHER ISSUE. TWO MEN ON ENGINE 58 AND ONE ONLY ON ENGINE 59. WITH TIME OFF ON BOTH RIGS DURING THE YEAR ENGINE 58 RUNS ABOUT 80 % OF THE TIME WITH ONE FIREFIGHTER ON BOARD. THIS IS ABOUT THE RIG NOT THE MANPOWER OR LACK OF IT SO LETS STAY WITH THE TOPIC, THANK YOU

I agree any bids yet

Just starting out with looking at what is out there. 1ooo gal tank 1500gpm rescue style body, full foam cap. short wheelbase 6 or 8 man cab with less seats and more storage space for small tools.

Just starting out with looking at what is out there. 1ooo gal tank 1500gpm rescue style body, full foam cap. short wheelbase 6 or 8 man cab with less seats and more storage space for small tools.

With all the hydrants around here I am just curious as to why you are putting a 1000 gal tank on the thing. Or is the the full capacity of the tank with water and foam included?

Engine 58 or Engine 59 as a rule doen't make a water source on arival. the next due vol engine gives a line to engine 58. Engine 58 is a attack engine and hits the fire with its tank water until a supply line is set up A bigger tank will give us a little more time.

Not to mention it will come in handy on I287 and I95 where you guys run.

Bids for "triple combination pumper" for Port chester now being accepted, as per Journal News. Bids will be due by 12/31/07.

Bids for "triple combination pumper" for Port chester now being accepted, as per Journal News. Bids will be due by 12/31/07.

I think that might be for the re-bid for engine62.

That is a rebid for eng 62, third time or your out. hope they get right this time! replacement for the 1981 CF mack. eng 58 will come around in june 08.