Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poughkeepsie Third Alarm 10-22 (w/Photos)

31 posts in this topic

I just heard on the radio the main street in poughkeepsie was closed due to a structure fire. But I only caught the tale end of the report so I am not sure where abouts on mainstreet or anything else. Anyone got any info?

Yep......3 Bells as of know...addional engine from AFD with FAST, original FAST put to work

I heard about a half an hour ago on 33.48 MHz that there was a 3rd alarm fire on Main Street, dispatch calling for station coverage. I'm getting dispatch only but must be some good air out there to hear it all the way down by New Haven.

We're trying to figure out how to sneak Hughsonville and the new rescue up to the scene.... :wub:

We're trying to figure out how to sneak Hughsonville and the new rescue up to the scene.... :wub:

Huh? :unsure:

So they can stop by the 911 center and show us the rig of course! :)

*cough* buff *cough*

So, Ole whats's the rundown thus far?

Engines 1, 2, 3 L1, TL2, Fairview 45-11, AFD units?

Some red firetrucks...... thats about it...

I don't post Alerts for City jobs while at work...to be safe.

Is there any new outlets that are reporting on this? I'm trying to search for a website.

Is there any new outlets that are reporting on this? I'm trying to search for a website.

pojonews.com

picture from poughkeepsie journal online

post-4304-1193090766.jpg

Its a 4th alarm fire, (from my friend on the scene who is a member of Roosevelt fd)

Still a third alarm, with addintional engine FAST above the 3rd (called early).....

...and roosevelt is relocated, not on the scene......(my buddy in the City 911 Center told me ;) )

Update: Fire on Main Street under control

By Rasheed Oluwa

Poughkeepsie Journal

Firefighters have a fire at the Acapulco Restaurant at 399 Main St. in the City of Poughkeepsie under control. There are no injuries.

The fire started in the stove area and spread into the walls before getting trapped between the building's two roofs, according to City of Poughkeepsie fire officials. The double roof made it difficult to put out the fire because there was no access from directly below it.

About half the west wall of the building has collapsed. Though a few hot spots remain, firefighters have begun cleaning up the inside of the building.

There is no history of fire at the location and the restaurant's hood has just passed inspection yesterday.

The fire was called in around 4 p.m. and when firefighters arrived on the scene, the restaurant had already been evacuated. Officials at the Department of Health building at 387 Main St. also evacuated employees as a precaution.

The intersection of Main and Hamilton streets was blocked off during the fire.

The City of Poughkeepsie, Arlington and Fairview fire departments responded, as well as Alamo EMS ambulance service. About 40 to 50 firefighters were on the scene.

Check back for updates as they become available.

There is no history of fire at the location and the restaurant's hood has just passed inspection yesterday.

Interesting to say the least!!!!! Hate to say suspicious, but I mean, doesn't it look odd??

Still a third alarm, with addintional engine FAST above the 3rd (called early).....

...and roosevelt is relocated, not on the scene......(my buddy in the City 911 Center told me ;) )

yea i had a feeling about that, my buddy likes to exaggerate, but it was one hell of a fire.

*cough* buff *cough*

So, Ole whats's the rundown thus far?

Engines 1, 2, 3 L1, TL2, Fairview 45-11, AFD units?

Fairview is "41-11" & Arlington 32-11 were on the scene

Pictures coming soon....

post-5648-1193097209.jpg

post-5648-1193097189.jpg

post-5648-1193097170.jpg

post-5648-1193097148.jpg

post-5648-1193097011.jpg

post-5648-1193096946.jpg

Edited by mdm911

post-5648-1193097148.jpg

Glad to see they still say open for business (noting the OPEN sign still on)!

:lol::P

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Nice shots guy's........ I particularly like the shots of the denim bunker pants and white chief shoes ;)

Great shots!

I like this shot....... It's a good human interest shot and it's just calling out for a caption.......

If you think this is going to get you out of cooking dinner tonight,,,,,,,, forget it!

FF_o2.jpg

Out the roof ? ;)

there was talk it was out and then they found fire in the wall and called for the 10-75 fire between to roof's all of the city, fairvew with 41-11 and then arlington with 32-11 new f.a.s.t team and others for stand by thay did a good job this is the 2ed time this place was on fire about 3 years ago it went up

Some pics of the working side.

post-1241-1193190793.jpg

post-1241-1193191050.jpg

DFC 278 - Great pics! Especially #1 - Thanks for sharing.......