Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Poughkeepsie- Heavy Rescue?

18 posts in this topic

The Hughsonville rescue and other Rescue trucks in Dutchess Co. got me thinking.

Does the City Of Poughkeepsie have a heavy rescue truck/company? I don't think so, right?

Did they ever have one? Do you think they will have one in the future, or is it planned?

What currently goes on a City Of Poughkeepsie heavy rescue assignment?

They do have a rescue (Rescue 1). However it is not always in service. I believe it is used as a reserve rig when one of the ladders are out of service or when they staff an extra crew on during a shift. Not 100% sure on the exact details of when this is used, but dfrom listening to their dispatches and talking to some friends up there, that is what I understand. My cousin has been on the job there for almost 20 years, so I will check with him and see exactly when it is used. Maybe OLE129K can assist with further info?

Edited by srs2308

I revert said under the bus throwing uphill to DFC278.

Although...in a weird twist of fate, the City's Rescue, is the former JH Ketcham (Dover) rescue truck. I have ridden in it a few times with Dover....

Okay, I just tried to call my cousin but he did not answer his cell. I did find out that it was bought used a few years back from a local company in Dutchess county and then fully refurbed. I have seen this rig, and it is pretty nice. However i can not find any pics of this unit. I will try to get more info tomorrow and post.

It's an E-One walkin on an International chassis....

aah its a wet rescue, i think

There is no "heavy rescue" assignment per se. Any sort of extrication/rescue is handled by the truck companies I believe. There's always AFD with a staffed full heavy rescue down the road. I've heard talk of it possibly going in to service as front line, but who knows until I see it.

Is Arlington's Rescue fully staffed all of the time, or do they have guys assigned to ride it if a certain peice from HQ is not dispatched?

You know...."Rock...you're driving the Truck and the Rescue today."

The City has extrication equipment on the Engines. E2 is a rescue style engine - kind of a Squad so to speak.

Thanks for all the info!! Does anyone have a hook to get me in to get photos? I am looking to photo-feature some more Dutchess County apparatus soon, so if you do please email me at x635@EMTBravo.com. Thanks!

Thanks for all the info!! Does anyone have a hook to get me in to get photos? I am looking to photo-feature some more Dutchess County apparatus soon, so if you do please email me at x635@EMTBravo.com. Thanks!

Might have a hook...........we'll see. ;)

I might be able to get you an "in" one of the members in my dept. that i am tight with works for PFD. and in the same station were the rescue is also. (Used to be engine 4, but it is now engine 3 for some reason.)

Rescue 1 is considered a medium rescue and yes it is wet (200 Gals.). It carries extra tools , saws, fans, scotts , etc. and does run as in place of the truck company when they are down for repair.It also has some hazmat equipment, rope rescue and confined space equipment and is used as a command post / rehab. The problem is still as always manpower.

Seth, plenty of hooks just give me a call.

The problem is still as always manpower.\

Well, ya know, theres always guys lookin' to get on, I am sure that would LOVE to help with staffing ;)

Edited by xfirefighter484x