Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Hastings new Engine & Ambulance

7 posts in this topic

From today's Journal News legal notices:

Hastings-on Hudson accepting bids for a new engine and a new type III ambulance

im very sure that the engine is going to be a seagrave, the town wants to try to make them all look alike now, they have the new seagraves form 3 years ago and now this one is most likely gonna be one too, the other engine is a 1991 pierce.

If I remember correctly, Hastings carries it's extrication equipment on the ambulance (or at least they used to).

So, will the new ambulance be configured to be a "Rescue" ambulance with increased compartment space, or will the new engine be a "Rescue Engine", or niether of the above?

Just wondering.

extrication equipment is in process of being relocated to the spare engine (E43).

New engine is being desinged with compartments compatable for a 2nd set of tools if necessary. That is still in the thought process and nothing is definate.

New engine is to replace E46, a 1984 Hahn, that is starting to show it's age. Looking for 500 gal tank, 50gal foam tank, multiple preconnects, LDH intake & discharge as well as other features. One big feature is to have empty compartment space on it after it's fully outfitted with equipment so we have room to carry more stuff as time goes on. We looked at it for a need for now but with room for the future.

Thanks for the explination, Steve. So does that mean that the spare Engine (whic is what and where?) will be responding on extrication calls or as a rescue, and the ambulance will no longer carry the tools?

Does this also mean a Seagrave tiller soon?????

Ladder: I have no idea what they are looking at but it has some special size restrictions.

Exctrication: I do not know the specifics on responses but the equipment is being transfered to E43 (with E45) on the south side of town near the parkway entrances. I was not able to attend the meeting the other night where some of this may have been discussed. As far as i know it's still designated an engine (1981 Hahn)