Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Purple Fire apparatus?

45 posts in this topic

Now this has gone too far. Lets keep red fire trucks please....lol

City of Greenville NC

post-1726-1194699219.jpg

OMG ! There aught to be a law !

....and on the eighth day, God invented the fire truck and He painted it red......with a white cap.

ummm, god intended fire trucks to be red with BLACK tops :P

Edited by ltjay157

um. not to totally kill it... but i think it actually looks kinda good :lol:

but of course. nottin beats the red!!

Who approved that sorta color anyway... Either way, i think it looks ugly... but on the safety side, I feel like It wouldn't be as visible as Red and White, Red and Black, or Lime green / Yellow. Those colors stand out, and are not really seen in nature. Then again, neither is dark purple, but it would most likely blend in with trees in the background and when it gets dark.

And is that a purple rotator or strobe light on the back left?

Thats ugly, whats next pink? At lease it not black

ummm, god intended fire trucks to be red with BLACK tops :P

Sorry do you work for boars head? haha :P

Sorry do you work for boars head? haha :P

We call our ambulance that's black over red with gold striping and lettering the "Boars Head Meat Wagon"!

Thats funny that you brought this up today, just yesterday, my mother and I were discussing colors of fire trucks and she asked me if i have ever seen a purple one... Well now i HAVE!!! and i think its the ugliest thing i have ever seen....

Edited by EFFP411

Thats funny that you brought this up today, just yesterday, my mother and I were discussing colors of fire trucks and she asked me if i have ever seen a purple one... Well now i HAVE!!! and i think its the ugliest thing i have ever seen....

Have u ever seen a black one?

The University at Greenville, NC Pirates school colors. Chapel Hill, NC (Tarheels) has Carolina Blue (light to sky blue) rigs.

Edited by 210

With so many lights and reflective striping I find it hard to believe that vehicle color has anything to do with visibility. If it is such a concern why have I seen so many PD command or Bomb Squad monsters black? Pick a color that works for you.

So, Kingsbury has black fire trucks with a purple scroll with their name on it.

People just like to be different I suppose, this purple-People-Eater-Pierce is not the color I want, to lilacey in shade.

(If this is Greenville NC, this must be their 1st purple truck. I looked on their website and the rest are red/white.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/departments/fi...ult.aspx?id=362 )

Went by what is published on the Pierce website. I just wanted to give credit to the department who owns the rig, but what drew me to it was the color. I thought the same thing because I know Greenville for having normal colors.

um. not to totally kill it... but i think it actually looks kinda good :lol:

but of course. nottin beats the red!!

YOU are miss lead notting beats the GREEN!!!!

YOU are miss lead notting beats the GREEN!!!!

No, white top with red and an elevating stripe like this:

post-5960-1194723915.jpg

wins hands down! and no it isn't because it's a Seagrave with that color scheme! :lol:

Mike

Have u ever seen a black one?

yes i have seen a black one, and they look so sick!! B)

Edited by EFFP411

The University at Greenville, NC Pirates school colors. Chapel Hill, NC (Tarheels) has Carolina Blue (light to sky blue) rigs.

Will this rig be stationed at the campus????

Will this rig be stationed at the campus????

No, out of station 1. Just a community pride thing I guess. I don't much care for it but Go Pirates!

Maybe Barney is the new Chief........

Everybody sing along " I Love you ......."

I wonder if Durham, NC has any Duke Blue color fire apparatus! Go Devils!

Grapeville FD, Grapeville PA. If memory serves me correct, all of there front line rigs are Purple in color. Saw there newest rig on Darley's website a few months ago.

This isn't the first purple apparatus I've ever seen. Back in 1995 I was in a wedding in Erie, PA and the church was just outside of Erie. Being we were all firefighters they gave my buddy and his bride a ride in their local fire apparatus which was purple but a darker tone then the one in the picture. Their mascot was Grimace from McDonalds.

Grapeville FD, Grapeville PA. If memory serves me correct, all of there front line rigs are Purple in color. Saw there newest rig on Darley's website a few months ago.

This isn't the first purple apparatus I've ever seen. Back in 1995 I was in a wedding in Erie, PA and the church was just outside of Erie. Being we were all firefighters they gave my buddy and his bride a ride in their local fire apparatus which was purple but a darker tone then the one in the picture. Their mascot was Grimace from McDonalds.

Hmmmmm! Anybody got a map?

That engine is done in the colors of East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. Pitt County to be exact.

see www.ecu.edu

Looks like the new engine didnt help ECU against Marshall tonight! That means if UCF can win out were going to the Liberty Bowl :D

He's right, there is no UNC-Greenville...ECU is in Greenville, NC...UNC Greensboro is the UNC school with the similar name.